superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
In a fit of rage.

"1st and 6 at TB 6 T.Romo pass short middle to T.Romo to TB 7 for -1 yards (B.McDonald). Ball tipped at the line of scrimmage by Michael Bennett"

All we need is a FG to make it a two score game. In which case the most valuable thing is to take as much time off the clock as possible. Instead, we come out PA throwing.

Regardless of the outcome this was a bad playcall by the percentages. I believe we could have taken a knee three times and our odds of winning would have been greater than calling a pass play. If we had, there would have been no time for Tampa to even attempt an onsides kick with 40 seconds to go.

How can he not realize this? Where is a QC guy or fucking Bill Callahan in his ear telling him that there is no reason, AT ALL, for us to throw a pass in this situation?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It was completely brain dead.

I thought I was going to have a heart attack I was so mad yesterday when we went play action.

Then murray goes out of bounds....

That whole sequence was insanely bad.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And another thing. On TB's last FG drive, I think Mike Williams makes a catch along the sideline, but only gets one foot down - twice.

2nd and 10 at DAL 40 (Shotgun) J.Freeman pass deep left to M.Williams pushed ob at DAL 17 for 23 yards (L.Lewis). Pass complete on a "fly" pattern.

It was inside of two minutes, so it's the refs call to review. And they should have. But since the play stopped on the OOB call, why didn't we call a timeout to give the refs time to realize they should review it?

Reaction score
Well, on the one hand, you want to put your foot on your opponents throat. I appreciate aggressive playcalling.

But yeah, you have to recognize when your QB has taken a beating, and your Oline is not holding up at all. There's no shame in running three times there and just kicking a field goal if you can't get it into the end zone.

That playcall didn't make me yell fire garret though, you dramaqueen.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Mike Jenkins had a cramp and the first play after they hit a big one on the sideline on lewis who was forced into playing.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Well, on the one hand, you want to put your foot on your opponents throat. I appreciate aggressive playcalling.

But yeah, you have to recognize when your QB has taken a beating, and your Oline is not holding up at all. There's no shame in running three times there and just kicking a field goal if you can't get it into the end zone.

That playcall didn't make me yell fire garret though, you dramaqueen.

No reason to be aggresive. A field goal puts us up by 2 scores with limited time left

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The other time I wanted to strangle the offensive staff was after the great catch by Austin right before the two minute warning..

Romo got hammered, he could barely get up....he then had to sprint about 50 yards to get the play call in and hike the ball...

Anybody with a brain calls a running play there to protect romo and to just wind the clock to the 2 minute warning...romo needed a chance to catch his breath, what did we do...called another passing play...and romo almost gets hit again...

Completely dumb. It's like we were trying to get him hurt, yet he stands in there and can keeps going getting better as the game went on.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
All we need is a FG to make it a two score game. In which case the most valuable thing is to take as much time off the clock as possible. Instead, we come out PA throwing.

Regardless of the outcome this was a bad playcall by the percentages. I believe we could have taken a knee three times and our odds of winning would have been greater than calling a pass play. If we had, there would have been no time for Tampa to even attempt an onsides kick with 40 seconds to go.

Yup. We could've taken three knees and kicked the FG and the game is over. Made zero sense at all.

The other time I wanted to strangle the offensive staff was after the great catch by Austin right before the two minute warning..

Romo got hammered, he could barely get up....he then had to sprint about 50 yards to get the play call in and hike the ball...

Anybody with a brain calls a running play there to protect romo and to just wind the clock to the 2 minute warning...romo needed a chance to catch his breath, what did we do...called another passing play...and romo almost gets hit again...

Right, this is the kind of basic stuff I don't understand. This is where the "thinking like a computer" stuff comes from, too. This is basic game management, not even playcalling so much as player management. Or whatever you want to call it. It should be common sense.

In fact, after Romo got blasted the second time so hard (by Bennett?) I was telling my friends we should just run the ball the rest of the game and throw only quick passes to protect Tony. Their O had no chance against us anyway.

I don't know if he's trying too hard to do what they won't expect or what, but for God's sake, your QB is your franchise and you think of him and his health first and foremost.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No reason to be aggresive. A field goal puts us up by 2 scores with limited time left

Exactly. There's a huge difference between aggressive and stupid. With 8 minutes left? Sure make that call. We could really use a 2 TD lead there.

But with 4 mins left, 3 kneel downs gets us to the two minute warning. And we can go up by two scores. It is stupid to do anything that could possibly stop the clock, and what's worse, possibly result in a turnover.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Exactly. There's a huge difference between aggressive and stupid. With 8 minutes left? Sure make that call. We could really use a 2 TD lead there.

But with 4 mins left, 3 kneel downs gets us to the two minute warning. And we can go up by two scores. It is stupid to do anything that could possibly stop the clock, and what's worse, possibly result in a turnover.

Are we falling in love SP

Reaction score

Completely dumb. It's like we were trying to get him hurt, yet he stands in there and can keeps going getting better as the game went on.
I don't recall this... Anyone got a video up yet?

Kilyin

Reaction score
I don't recall this... Anyone got a video up yet?

Only 50 yard pass I remember to Austin was with 1:03 left in the 3rd quarter. Can't get the start time code to work here, it's 30 seconds in. That was a lovetap compared to some of the hits he took yesterday

[video=youtube;eqObJwJQK9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqObJwJQK9Y&t=0m30s[/video]

Last edited:

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
yeah sorry, it was the end of the third i was thinking of with the time running out, not the two minute warning.

should have just lined up and run the damn ball and gone to the fourth

and I love how you guys instead of just looking have to play dumb and act so particular.

I think I will start doing that here to all the mistakes I see people post all the time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
In a fit of rage.

"1st and 6 at TB 6 T.Romo pass short middle to T.Romo to TB 7 for -1 yards (B.McDonald). Ball tipped at the line of scrimmage by Michael Bennett"

How can he not realize this? Where is a QC guy or fucking Bill Callahan in his ear telling him that there is no reason, AT ALL, for us to throw a pass in this situation?

Lots of good offensive coaches go for the kill. We werent running anywhere all game anyway.

There was alot to criticize about yesterday, but IMO this really wasnt one of the things that is that big of a deal.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Lots of good offensive coaches go for the kill. We werent running anywhere all game anyway.

There was alot to criticize about yesterday, but IMO this really wasnt one of the things that is that big of a deal.

All that we needed was to run te clock there. Field goal was all we needed.

We avoided a jets/lions situation Blythe skin of our teeth, because we had to get cute.

It was terrible.

Reaction score
yeah sorry, it was the end of the third i was thinking of with the time running out, not the two minute warning.

should have just lined up and run the damn ball and gone to the fourth

and I love how you guys instead of just looking have to play dumb and act so particular.

I think I will start doing that here to all the mistakes I see people post all the time.
Well, fuck me.

I was asking an honest question.

But that's fine if you wanna be a dick about it.

(By the way, you already go zero to ape shit on anyone who gets the smallest detail wrong, and now you're going zero to ape shit when you get something wrong, even when no one is calling you out. I love your impressive knack for going zero to ape shit.)

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Are you on the marijuana, son? There was almost nothing that was as big of a deal as this. Imagine Romo doesn't come down with it, McCoy does. Momentum has flipped and suddenly the Bucs who couldn't do anything on us all game drive the field and win 14-13. Just like happened against the Jets in our opener last year.

Because this fucking ginger will not learn.

Top Bottom