Reaction score
Tryout Tuesday gets 67 guys a look-see, but not Chad or T.O. or Plaxico
Posted by Mike Florio on September 19, 2012, 2:35 PM EDT

As it turns out, the Eagles were taking a look at a couple of receivers on Tuesday. Chad Johnson, however, wasn’t one of them.

Neither were Terrell Owens or Plaxico Burress.

The Eagles brought in receivers Brian Robiskie (pictured) and DeMarco Sampson for the Week Two “Tryout Tuesday,” the day when the players are off and guys who may be taking a job or two come in for a workout.

Robiskie also had a tryout with the Patriots, who likewise looked at receiver Kashif Moore, defensive tackle Antonio Dixon, center Tommie Draheim, defensive tackle Terrell McClain, tackle Nick Mondek, and linebacker Nathan Stupar.

Elsewhere, the Bears looked at linebackers Spencer Adkins, Rennie Curran, Jerry Franklin, Omar Gaither, and Lawrence Wilson, along with defensive backs Bryan McCann and Dante Hughes.

The Bengals eyeballed defensive end Wallace Gilberry, Ronald Talley, Jay Richardson, and Jarius Wynn, and linebackers Xavier Adibi, Bryan Kehl, and Jabara Williams.

The Lions looked at running backs Ryan Grant, Steve Slaton, and Alfonso Smith, and defensive backs Tyrone Culver, Jaiquawn Jarrett, and Brandyn Thompson.

The Texans went all O-line, with centers Bryan Mattison and Cecil Newton, guards Mike Gibson and Kevin Hughes, and tackles James Lee, William Robinson, and Stephen Schilling.

The Colts checked out guard Paul Fanaika, tackle Tony Hills, nose tackle Nicolas Jean-Baptiste, and linebacker Shawn Loiseau.

The Dolphins looked at defensive tackles Remi Ayodele, Andre Fluellen, and Daniel Muir. (Fluellen was signed.)

The Saints tried out defensive ends Tim Crowder and James Hall.

The Raiders worked out defensive backs Darius Butler, Cletis Gordon, Antwaun Molden, and Kevin Thomas, along with defensive end Andre Carter and tackle Patrick Brown.

The Chargers kicked tires on cornerback Chris Carr, and the Bucs brought in running backs DuJuan Harris, Jacob Hester, Adonis Thomas, and Keith Toston, guards Roger Allen and Montrae Holland, center Matt Tennant, and tackles Jake Anderson, Brandon Keith, and J.B. Shugarts.

Finally, the Titans tried out tight ends DeMarco Cosby, Alex Silvestro, and Brandon Venson, linebackers Joe Holland and Tyler Nielsen, and defensive end Aaron Lavarias.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing... Good thing our roster is set and good from top to bottom. No need to have backup plans or see whats out there.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
unreal how for some people every move or non-move in any direction for this team is an indictment of it.

Kind of takes the sting out of any legitimate criticism of the team.

Reaction score
The only roster move I'm complaining about is the fact that Felix is still here.

But I do like the idea of bringing in guys every week. Keeps the bottom of the roster on their toes.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
unreal how for some people every move or non-move in any direction for this team is a justification of it.

Kind of takes the merit out of any legitimate praise of the team.

Reaction score
I don't know... personally, I think it's great we aren't bringing anyone in. It just means our roster is tops. Shows Jerruh believes in his players.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
The only roster move I'm complaining about is the fact that Felix is still here.

But I do like the idea of bringing in guys every week. Keeps the bottom of the roster on their toes.

Exactly... and not only that but we get to see who is out there, who is in good physical condition, maybe players would who fit our schemes, or players that are out there that are possibly better than what we have currently on roster.

In the event of an injury teams that are prepared know that information, have lists of players, and use it to there advantage by wasting little time.

There's nothing wrong with it and it does absolutely no harm so why not?

Top Bottom