Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So that is scary.

We need another center here fast. Arkin is not ready to play.

He said team is only interested in younger players not guys like Dan Koppen.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's not that good anyway. Cook came in and was serviceable. I didn't see one snap over Romo's head.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We still Need a backup though.

I hope he isn't on ir soon.

Reaction score
Stupid to say we're only interested in younger players. We're not trying to build for the future right now with that position, we're trying to prevent a catastrophe for this season. If Cook is the long term solution, great. But we need bodies right now.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
IMO having Costa for 16 games was a scary thought.

Letting a veteran like Cook take over and fill that void not so much.

I don't have any worries on who they find couldn't duplicate what Costa brought to the table. I agree that Arkin is not ready and should not be considered as plan B. He needs to stick to devloping at the guard position.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Stupid to say we're only interested in younger players. We're not trying to build for the future right now with that position, we're trying to prevent a catastrophe for this season. If Cook is the long term solution, great. But we need bodies right now.

Agree.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The Ticket says he has a lower back strain and is "week to week." Hopefully Kowalski will be fully healed five weeks from now.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Mickey shot special edition with Stephen jones this morning and he said he is out for this week.

The injury report will probably be week to week, broaddus said he talked to someone this morning that said ir was a possibility.

Mickey said it could be a disc issue....don't know what the MRI said yet I guess.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
One good thing is that they moved the trade deadline 2 weeks later. My hope is that it creates a situtaion like baseball & basketball where teams are pretty much sellers or buyers by then. If you're a bad team, you can start moving veteran players for draft picks and strat rebuilding sooner. If you're a contender, you can pick up that missing piece.

Dream scenario...Browns are out of it and we are in 1st place. We could move a draft pick (a high one deservedly) for Alex Mack.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, that later trading deadline is going to make things really exciting, just like in baseball.

Also might lead to bad teams turning around faster as they get bigger hauls for the good players they do want to move.

Reaction score
calvinwatkins
MRI on Phil Costa's back revealed nothing new. It's stiff and he's day-to-day. Status uncertain for next week.

Reaction score
Without adding a new player, the contingency plan could be to move Bernadeau to C and plug Dockery in at G (if Cook got hurt).

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if Bernadeau gets some snaps at Center, during practice, before the Seattle game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Phil Costa's status for Seattle game in doubt

September, 7, 2012

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – Phil Costa's MRI conducted Thursday revealed nothing new, according to source, but the Cowboys are not sure he will be able to play Sept. 16 at Seattle.

When Costa first suffered his low back strain in training camp, he missed two-plus weeks of on-field work and three preseason games.

If Costa cannot play, then Ryan Cook would start and the team would likely activate David Arkin for the first time. Arkin played center in Costa’s absence during training camp and in the preseason but was inactive for Wednesday’s win against the New York Giants.

Arkin was inactive for every game as a rookie as well.

“Arkin made great strides in this off-season and throughout training camp and the preseason,” coach Jason Garrett said. “For him to come in and play center after not playing center really throughout this whole career was really impressive. But at the end of the day, we felt like the more veteran player (Cook) was going to help us more in a game like this, and sure enough, he came in and played.”

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Quentin Saulsberry is on the Broncos practice squad. He'd be worth a look IMO.

Also, Matt Tennant would be another good option.

Top Bottom