Reaction score
Observations of an unintelligent football fan who was partially distracted playing online poker:

• Tony Romo is good. Real good. If the receivers go where the play designs them to go, he will find them.
  • I really like Cole Beasley. I think he is a match up nightmare. And with our poor offensive line, I think he can be a great assett to Romo because with his quickness, he can get open quickly.
  • I liked Dwayne Harris when we drafted him. Kind of was unimpressed with his rookie year. What he did last night was what I expected to see from him last season.
  • Still not sold on Ogletree.
  • How early is too early to draft Murray in fantasy leagues? Is it not obvious he is going to be a workhorse for us?
  • Tyron Smith was really struggling with Quinn last night.
  • Felix Jones looks disinterested in football. I feel like he has talent, but he just half-asses it. I'd play him vs. Miami and tell him his job is on the line.
  • Our special teams sucks.
  • Alex Albright can get to the passer, but he's very underwhelming in run support.
  • You have to find a role for Hamilton. He's good.
  • IR Johnson. Not sure I'd roll with Silva though. Might look for a safety after releases accross the league.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Very good write-up.

I definitely concur about Felix. He's pulling a Mike Jenkins but silently. That missed blitz pickup gave me a flashback when Gronkowski (the fullback) missed a blitzing LB that ended Romo's season. Felix just went right passed him---might as well taken his hat and coat and ushered him in to Orton.

I'm disappointed in Matt Johnson.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I fully expect Harris and Ogletree to go MIA once they face top-flight competition in the reg season. Can shrimpy but scrappy Beasley play special teams? Seems that's the only way he'll stick around.

Reaction score
As the third and fourth receivers, when would they have to face "top flight" competition?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I like harris. I think he is a player for sure. he and ogletree can play inside and outside and both can return kicks...harris looks to be a good punt returner on top of it. Harris is not afraid of contact and can handle getting hit. His problem last year was his physical condidtioning and getting injured making it worse.

I thought felix played hard last night. he looked decent on returns and he was good in pass protection and ran hard.

Demarco murray broke rocky mcintosh's ankles....it was a thing of beauty.

there was talk last night of taking 7 wr, but I dont see why to be honest right now.

Dez, austin, ogletree, harris, beasley and cole is good enough. I would keep cole over holmes and making him inactive on gameday early in the year.

I dont have a problem trying to sneak holmes to the practice squad at this point. he looks lost.

I thought albright was excellent last night. He played on both sides at olb, he put his hand on the ground on the weakside and beat the left tackle for a strip/sack....and late in the game he stayed in the whole way to play inside linebacker...which is not his position.

albright is going to have a role.

Reaction score
Yea i didn’t know Albright could rush the passer like he did. It was an eye opener. I thought Felix looked ok, made a few plays.

I also thought Garrett and Ryan put together a strong game plan against the Titans. The fake punt was Fishers way of showing his frustration. I love Carr...just wanted to say that again.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
As the third and fourth receivers, when would they have to face "top flight" competition?

?

They'd be facing first string defenses in the reg season. If they get in a game, there's no guarantee they'll only be covered by a nickel back.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
?

They'd be facing first string defenses in the reg season. If they get in a game, there's no guarantee they'll only be covered by a nickel back.

ogletree and harris were beating finnegan off the line all night yesterday. He is a number 1 corner. that was a pretty good sign both can play.

its kind of funny too, because there are many here who wanted finnegan over carr and also wanted us to stay put in the first round and take jenkins in the 2nd.......our backups beat them both up all over the field and romo threw for 200 yards in 1 qtr on them. Now all of a sudden there not good players?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
ogletree and harris were beating finnegan off the line all night yesterday. He is a number 1 corner. that was a pretty good sign both can play.

its kind of funny too, because there are many here who wanted finnegan over carr and also wanted us to stay put in the first round and take jenkins in the 2nd.......our backups beat them both up all over the field and romo threw for 200 yards in 1 qtr on them. Now all of a sudden there not good players?

Sorry, but I've been told repeatedly not to put too much stock in the pre-season, and if that goes for the bad performances, it also goes for the good. Nor are the Rams anyone's idea of a healthy litmus test. If those two guys prove me wrong, more power to them.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Sorry, but I've been told repeatedly not to put too much stock in the pre-season, and if that goes for the bad performances, it also goes for the good. Nor are the Rams anyone's idea of a healthy litmus test. If those two guys prove me wrong, more power to them.

That was pretty weak.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score

thats very Its true I read it here of you.

I do agree about not getting excited about anything in the preseason but when it comes to corners and wr its an athletic thing and an ability to beat the guy in front of you and they did that. Finnegan was in regular season form last night, hitting guys late, talking after plays.....so I think it means something for them to beat him like they did.

in the third quarter danny coal was wide open for a td and mcgee took off and ran.....frigging guy never throws the ball down the field.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
a glimpse of things to come (I hope)

[video=youtube;jFc6NRGWWg8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFc6NRGWWg8[/video]

[video=youtube;cyAcXldMGHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyAcXldMGHc[/video]

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
that first td was such a great play.

we dont see that Weak I slot right formation much. It was a great play out of a running formation. Hopefully because of murray we hit a lot of big plays out of running looks.

and by the way, I have read all these great things about janoris jenkins before the game and he looked bad. If he was the corner here people would be shitting eggrolls. Its early but he looked bad.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
oh and I feel for you guys having to listen to that crew....holy balls that is bad.

romo telling felix there that is your TD, great block

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
[*]Tyron Smith was really struggling with Quinn last night.

He shut Quinn down on that first TD pass from Romo. I think later he settled down a bit and kept Quinn in check. Ware was right though when he said that once Smith gets his hands on you, you not getting out.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He shut Quinn down on that first TD pass from Romo. I think later he settled down a bit and kept Quinn in check. Ware was right though when he said that once Smith gets his hands on you, you not getting out.

I don't think smith struggled as much as people are claiming either

I want to watch the game over to look into it but i don't have the game available

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't think smith struggled as much as people are claiming either

I want to watch the game over to look into it but i don't have the game available

He didn't. He struggled early for a bit, but it isn't like Quinn is shit. Smith settled down afterwhile and consistantly kept Quinn in check.

Top Bottom