bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...here-strict-team-mandated-guidelines-behavior

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant has agreed to strict guidelines from team officials regarding his conduct away from the field.

The guidelines Bryant agreed to took effect Aug. 23 when the team returned to Dallas after three weeks of training camp in California, according to sources.

Sources say some of the rules Bryant must abide are as follows:

• A midnight curfew. If he's going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance.

• No drinking alcohol.

• He can't attend any nightclubs or strip clubs.

• He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.

• A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Bryant at all times.

• Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions.

Bryant's adviser, David Wells, will hire the security team for the wide receiver.

"Oh yeah, very much willing to do anything he can to help himself and help the team," Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said of Bryant. "He's very open-minded and cooperative. He's doing the right things by his teammates and everybody is counting on him."

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Pretty pathetic. He's not 6. He needs to learn how to live his life on his own eventually.

Reaction score
His next altercation will most certainly lead to a suspension. Jerry has clearly determined the team cannot afford to go through that, so Dez is getting the Pacman treatment.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
I think he's gone next year. Whether or not he blows up or not. I like the kid a lot, but you can't possibly think this will work. Not that I think he's done much of anything that bad.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Well, hopefully he can learn from this.

It's a shame that with all that talent, the stupid has to come with it.

Reaction score
Also, this could all just be contrived in order to trick Goodell into not suspending Dez. He might think the matter is being handled internally this way.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Pretty pathetic. He's not 6. He needs to learn how to live his life on his own eventually.

You're right. This crap is counter-productive. And it's FUCKING EMBARASSING! This is going to have the opposite effect. I wouldn't put up with that.

Ok. the no strip clubs and no drinking alcohol, I can get with, but the rest? The midnight curfew, the 3-man security detail with one at all times---even when he goes to the bathroom, or fucking a girl? And then the driving to team functions? The shit is ridiculous.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
You're right. This crap is counter-productive. And it's FUCKING EMBARASSING! This is going to have the opposite effect. I wouldn't put up with that.

Ok. the no strip clubs and no drinking alcohol, I can get with, but the rest? The midnight curfew, the 3-man security detail with one at all times---even when he goes to the bathroom, or fucking a girl? And then the driving to team functions? The shit is ridiculous.

Yeah, pretty much in agreement.

The only thing good I see coming of this is, maybe he wakes up and realizes that he's being treated like a child when the rest of his teammates are living like men(as far as we know).

And something UVA brought up, this very well could be an over the top smoke screen to avoid any potential suspension from Goodell. I had thought about that while going over the list. The list itself is way over the top. It something that I would be extremely embarrassed about if it were me.

I guess this either goes well, or we're looking for another WR next year. Which would really blow. Dez is the shit on the football field.

Reaction score
Yeah, this has Goodell-pleasing written all over it.

Can't help but to think Dez will be broke and homeless by the time he turns 45. He should buy himself a group home now, when he still has some cash.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just get so sick of Jerry bringing in these fucking players. I don't care how good he is. I think he's too stupid to ever get it.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I thought he was going to be around novacek?

Jay was on the radi broadcast last night and talked about how he was going to help DEz.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So have the police and others been covering for Dez all this time or what? Because we never heard about any alcohol or "club" problems until now. Seems pretty drastic for someone who didn't have any legal issues until he slapped his mama with his ball cap.

Reaction score
Also, this could all just be contrived in order to trick Goodell into not suspending Dez. He might think the matter is being handled internally this way.

This is the first thing that came to my mind as well.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
No nightclubs or strip clubs? How is he supposed to score? Craigslist?

Pretty sad that you have to protect a 23-yo man from himself.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No nightclubs or strip clubs? How is he supposed to score? Craigslist?

Pretty sad that you have to protect a 23-yo man from himself.

and from his family, that is really sad.

Novacek said something to the effect last night that dez said he needed an uncle type to help him with things.....

Reaction score
and from his family, that is really sad.

Novacek said something to the effect last night that dez said he needed an uncle type to help him with things.....

Isn't that (the uncle) supposed to be the David Wells' role?

Reaction score
I thought he was going to be around novacek?

Jay was on the radi broadcast last night and talked about how he was going to help DEz.

I saw on the broadcast, Novacek was chilling next to Dez on the sidelines.

As for me. I want Dez on lockdown. Put his food on a tray and slip it to him under the door. Put pampers on him, i don’t care. The fucker starts on both my fantasy teams and i need him to play.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
the fan talked about jay and dez for two hours during the pregame, fisher and whitt broke the story and immediately the espn103.3 guys started tearing it apart and were looking for something to create that was negative as a response.

what do you know, this morning we have from watkins a list that shines a negative light.

mike fisher talked extensively last night about how he can not undersand how jay is a negative with dez and why certain media members..(espn) were immediately cynical about it....

Im tired of talking and hearing about dez's life. I just hope he stays out of trouble and plays well so all this talk goes away.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

I agree. Last time we did this with PacMan, he still found his way to a club with his "security" team.

Top Bottom