Reaction score
Mike Jenkins gaining strength, improving range of motion in surgically-repaired shoulder
By Jon Machota / Special Contributor
9:28 pm on August 23, 2012

ARLINGTON — Mike Jenkins’ surgically-repaired shoulder continues to improve but there is no timetable on when the Cowboys cornerback will be cleared to practice.

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Thursday that Jenkins is gaining strength in his shoulder and getting better range of motion. However, his return can’t come until he meets with Dr. James Andrews, who performed the procedure.

In regards to when that meeting might take place, Garrett said, “There have been discussions about establishing a date here over the next week or so.”

“He needs to be able practice football before he plays in Game 1,” Garrett said. “We have no drop-dead date in particular but we understand that he’s got to practice before he’s ready to play. We wouldn’t put him out there until he’s ready.”

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry said this morning he is not going to pup.

if we can just steal the giants game and the seattle game..

with a healthy team by week 3 or so we could setup a good season.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
I think the seattle game will be pretty easy. They have big QB question marks.

The giants are a different animal. With their pass rush and our lack of a solid offensive line or healthy offensive line. It makes for a tough matchup. Not having Witten will make a difference as well

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
seattles defense is going to be solid. Tough home crowd and a giant secondary with some excellent players.

We didnt look that good against them last year at home...

if we our healthy that will help obviously, but this is going to be a tight game.....I fear this game big time if we lose in week 1.....

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
My only concern with Seattle is they are the one place where the home crowd is an actual factor. Have to hope the Cowboy fans, as usual, take up half the stadium. We really should be 3-1 after 4 weeks.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if we won in NY and lost at Seattle. That's how unpredictable this team is.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if we won in NY and lost at Seattle. That's how unpredictable this team is.

no doubt about it. At least that is what it has been. there are so many new players here and changes that hopefully that will be a thing of the past.

if we can get to 3-1 in any scenario going into the bye we are going to be in terrific shape.

With the giants and the bears on the schedule that is a chore.

In 2010 the stadium was crawling with bears fans, this area is filled with midwestern people and there seems to be as many bears fans as there are packers fans around. Hopefully the season ticket holders will not sell there damn tickets to a monday night game....but if we are 3-0 and they are too going into that it is going to be a like a playoff game, which means big time profit on tickets.

3-1 with two weeks to get ready for a difficult baltimore defense would be too good to be true.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
also, I have decided to make a giants cowboys video and include some of the trash talking stuff I always wanted to...

so when I was going through some stuff I realized Tony Romo has not beat the giants since december 15, 2008 the final texas stadium win ever.......and has not won in Ny since november 13, 2007.

To be fair he didnt play in 08 and 10 up there.

but both those two games we hit manning a million times and created turnovers....since then manning has owned wade and ryan. Figures pasqauloni was the only one to sort of slow him down.

long story short, we are way way way overdue to win up there against those guys.

Reaction score
My only concern with Seattle is they are the one place where the home crowd is an actual factor. Have to hope the Cowboy fans, as usual, take up half the stadium. We really should be 3-1 after 4 weeks.

I know that you want Pete Carroll to read this so that he'll lay the pipe with you in a USC sweatshirt, but he is currently busy being back in full form as a shitty NFL coach.

Also, home crowd does not play QB last I checked.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Same here. If we beat the defending champs at their place on opening night in front of a huge national audience, the Superbowl talk will be going full blast. Never good for our team.

I really think our best chance is always going to be like in 2009, where we get hot at the end. When we get out to good starts, heads tend to get very large.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know that you want Pete Carroll to read this so that he'll lay the pipe with you in a USC sweatshirt, but he is currently busy being back in full form as a shitty NFL coach.

Also, home crowd does not play QB last I checked.

I am completely unimpressed with Pete Carroll and the job he has done in Seattle. He has made some draft reaches that would make Jerry Jones blush and his "this is our quarterback" plan has started over 3 years in a row. I think he will be coaching somewhere like Cal, Miami, or some shithole like Virginia, this time next year.

Reaction score
The D just hasn't been able to hold up in those late season grind-it-out games. We didn't really do much to address the D line, so I don't see that changing. The Giants have shown the league a blueprint for what it takes to win in Dec/Jan, but we still just don't get it.

Reaction score
I am completely unimpressed with Pete Carroll and the job he has done in Seattle. He has made some draft reaches that would make Jerry Jones blush and his "this is our quarterback" plan has started over 3 years in a row. I think he will be coaching somewhere like Cal, Miami, or some shithole like Virginia, this time next year.

In my wettest dreams. That would be a miracle.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
All I know is, if we win in NY, all we're gonna be hearing for the next 10 days is that Seattle is a "trap game."

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The D just hasn't been able to hold up in those late season grind-it-out games. We didn't really do much to address the D line, so I don't see that changing. The Giants have shown the league a blueprint for what it takes to win in Dec/Jan, but we still just don't get it.

thats not true at all honestly.

They just got a little more healthy and played really well over that 5 week stretch.

the same front office and head coach with a lot of the same players pulled a choke and quit job in 2009 that would embarrass our 2010 team.

We just havent been able to get off the field on third down against them and we havent been able to stop the big passing play.

sounds simplistic and stupid but I really think if we knock a few deep balls down and make them beat us methodically we can handle them. It seems they are all in on improving the running game so this year with a new back and bennett helping on the edge maybe they run a little more.

but with manning its about stopping the big play. Unfortunately we have been awful at it.

Reaction score
On Jan 1 2012, the Cowboys offense gave up 6 sacks to the Giants, converted on 4 of 12 3rd downs, and managed only 14 points. Laurent Robinson scored both TDs.

Newman stunk, no doubt about it, but it isn't like the Cowboys offense shined.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
On Jan 1 2012, the Cowboys offense gave up 6 sacks to the Giants, converted on 4 of 12 3rd downs, and managed only 14 points. Laurent Robinson scored both TDs.

Newman stunk, no doubt about it, but it isn't like the Cowboys offense shined.

yeah they pushed us around that night for sure. Dockery playing for the first time in 4 months and kosier barely able to function didnt help matters. Nor did not having murray.

but the rest of those games against them are all on the defense. All the way back to the playoff game.

and it was 21-14 with us having all the momentum at the end of the third quarter and manning just lofted a third down duck 30 yards down the field and of course scandrick cant make a play on the ball......that crushed us. If scandrick makes that play and we get the ball back who knows what happens.

but you know, if newman can not get beat on the corner route on third and long up 11 with 4 minutes left we probably win that game in arlington

but as always, the defense was a dog.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's not just Dallas that they do it against. They neuter stellar offenses like GB and NE (including their undefeated team) and then grind it out to the finish. Eli is not blockbuster, but he can make plays when it counts. Sometimes his teammates bail him out too, but it mostly comes down to their D line in games like that.

Oh, and quit job or not, their coaching is solid. You rarely watch a Giants game and mutter "WTF is Coughlin thinking there??". He's out-coached the great Belichick twice now on the largest of stages, so either he's a good or Belichick is tremendously overhyped. Maybe a little bit of both.

He's def the best coach in the division. That's probably not saying much bc Shanahan is psychotic and Reid manages the clock/timeouts like a 5 year old. I've never personally liked Coughlin or desired him in Dallas, but he's been very effective in New York.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
coughlin's a terrific coach. No two ways about it.

They are tremendous on the line of scrimmage on defense.

So are the eagles. They have never won a thing.

there is no blue print. You just need to play well and be prepared and then make your fg's and get some breaks. That is the only blue print if you will.

Last edited:
Top Bottom