bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Jerry Jones likes the offensive line

August, 9, 2012

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

OXNARD, Calif. -- With all the Cowboys' offensive line injuries, sometimes when players make their practice debuts, it's like a new line is out there.

Mackenzy Bernadeau worked in team drills for the first time in training camp Thursday.

Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said he was pleased with the interior of the line. At one point, the Cowboys were missing four interior offensive linemen to injuries. Three are still out, but with Bernadeau returning, things are getting better.

The Cowboys signed two interior offensive linemen, Derrick Dockery and Daniel Loper, because the injuries to Kevin Kowalski and Bill Nagy will keep them out until into the regular season.

"Well, I like what Dockery was doing out there and of course Bernadeau," Jones said. "We've noted he's been doing some good things. He looked like a real veteran substantive guard out there. So with Bernadeau, Dockery, reps that our young guys have been getting out there, I'm not going to say it's a position of strength, but I sure like (it)."

The Cowboys have used young guards, Ronald Leary and David Arkin to fill in with injuries to Nate Livings and Bernadeau, who were the projected starters at guard.

Livings is out with a hamstring injury and should return at some point.

"I like where we are with and what we've done," Jones said regarding the interior of the offensive line. "Every one of these guys, relatively speaking, have real good size and that's a good thing for us. I'm pretty pleased and not looking in any other direction right now than what we got on the roster in the interior of our line."

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Sell it, you old dumb-fuck.

He likes the line, probably as much as he liked the offensive line in 2010.

He has no earthly idea what he sees when he watches practice. Nothing. Just because Romo hasn't been sacked in training camp, that doesn't mean he's getting great protection, Jerry.

:guninmouthpulltriggersmiley

Reaction score
I hate that people really report what his opinions are.

Like they matter. Like he has ANY clue what he's really seeing.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'd listen to Jerry about the art of money making, when it comes to anything football related, he's pretty much Jerry122.

Reaction score
After listening to Jerry here, it seems clear that Jerry is currently hoping that that the starting interior OL will consist of Dockery and Livings at OG and Bernadeau at Center.

He said that he liked that Dockery, Livings, and Bernadeau are big, "give you a good base," and "have long arms." And Jerry likes their experience.

Reading between the lines of Jerry's stream of consciousness blathering, I don't think Jerry feels comfortable with the younger OL players. And it sounds like Jerry doesn't like Costa as a starter.

Jerry is currently pinning his hopes on Dockery, Livings, and Bernadeau.

Of course if one of these three were to get knocked out by injury, Jerry would get all excited about one of the young guys.

Jerry is an optimist who is looking for ways to justify his optimism. He'll always find a way to feel optimistic about his team, despite whether his team actually merits it.

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry is an optimist who is looking for ways to justify his optimism. He'll always find a way to feel optimistic about his team, despite whether his team actually merits it.
Yep. Jerry is in constant salesman mode. I don't think he can even turn it off anymore.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep. Jerry is in constant salesman mode. I don't think he can even turn it off anymore.

Honestly I don't even listen to anything he says.

I used to enjoy cowboys special edition with brad sham and Jerry on Saturday nights so much, Jerry was actually tolerable on there.

Now it's Gina miller, nick eatman Mickey and Jerry. It's kind of awful. No offense to Gina but she is kind of a female Chris chris db.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Im liking the prospects of seeing Free/Livings/Kowalski/Bernadeau/Free lineup. I know Costa is the starter for now but i think when Kowalski comes back he'll take over. Or Dallas brings in a vet.

Or with Costa injured Bernadeau gets the nod at center and Leary starts at RG

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Im liking the prospects of seeing Free/Livings/Kowalski/Bernadeau/Free lineup. I know Costa is the starter for now but i think when Kowalski comes back he'll take over. Or Dallas brings in a vet.

Or with Costa injured Bernadeau gets the nod at center and Leary starts at RG

You mean Smith/Livings/Kowalski/Bernadeau/Free? You forgot Smith... out best OLinemen. LOL. I'd like that lineup as well. It's how I envisioned it originally. I'm not down on Livings and Bernadeau like other people, but no to Dockery.

Word is that Garrett has said that Gurode is on the short list for available centers.

Top Bottom