Reaction score
There shouldn’t be much doubt any more that Jason Garrett has more power in the Cowboys organization than former head coach Wade Phillips did.

Jerry Jones credits Garrett’s influence on the draft and his work with quarterback Tony Romo for providing stability in the offense.

"The facts are that we have the most continuity on the offensive side of the ball that I can remember, except maybe back when we had Ernie Zampese," Jones said Sunday in Oxnard. "You’ve got to realize that Jason has been the key guy with Romo for five years. The facts are that Jason, for the last five years, has been very influential with how we drafted and how we picked up offensive football players. Very influential for five years. Because Wade was a real delegator. So he had a lot of input in where we are. I like that. That’s a big plus for us.”

Phillips was fired after a 1-7 start in 2010, leading to Garrett’s ascension to the job.

Jones didn’t stop with Garrett. He said the entire coaching staff is a strength.

“I’m going to say this about the entire staff, as an observation: I think we’re much improved,” Jones said. “We’ve had the ability to as a staff, the coaching staff, not have some of the distractions that we had in the offseason. They’ve been able to get with the players directly more. Every team had the same challenges last year, but we know that it ought to make us better and some of the things that caused us to come up short on some ballgames should directly be improved by the fact that we’ve had this offseason that Jason just mentioned.”

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
This

Everyone says, Garrett should have been run out of town with Phillips, but I don't think he had any control over who was selected. He just had to deal with whatever was given him. Now that he is helping to buy the groceries and getting his RKG things are looking up!

Reaction score
This

Everyone says, Garrett should have been run out of town with Phillips, but I don't think he had any control over who was selected. He just had to deal with whatever was given him. Now that he is helping to buy the groceries and getting his RKG things are looking up!
Jerry says he gives Garrett all this leeway to do what he wants at the same time he says he cut the nuts off the previous coach. Not sure if it's just me but I think the old f... is still pulling the strings.

RKG is for the fans who are all Yeah Cowboys no matter how retarded the decision is, and buy into Teh Jerrah's propaganda.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry just said that Garrett played a large part in drafting DEz.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jerry just said that Garrett played a large part in drafting DEz.

Didn't babe say otherwise?

Who to believe, the guy who may need to spread some blame or the guy who may not be informed as once thought.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Didn't babe say otherwise?

Who to believe, the guy who may need to spread some blame or the guy who may not be informed as once thought.

Your foolish if u think babe is not informed.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't see how?

It's just Jerry telling fans what he thinks they want to hear.

Sheep on Glory.

Of course you don't see how bc you refuse to believe that anyone has any power at all other than jerry.

Now of course jerry has the most power but if you are too blind to see that Garrett has made some significant changes since taking over then I can't help you.

It's not like jerry has a reason to say Garrett has more influence than phillips, it's just the truth and it's visible.

Reaction score
I'm not sure if Garrett has more power than Wade.

They might have the same amount of power, but Wade was so indifferent on a lot of things.... a delegator as Jerry says. Whereas Jason is more involved.

So maybe they have the same amount of power, but Jason is exercising his right to make decisions that Wade did not.

Hard for us as fans to really know. But I guess, it's essentially the same thing as Jason having more control/authority, and that's a good thing.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Did you even read what Jerry said?

Jerry said:
The facts are that Jason, for the last five years, has been very influential with how we drafted and how we picked up offensive football players. Very influential for five years. Because Wade was a real delegator. So he had a lot of input in where we are.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Did you even read what Jerry said?

Good things = Jason Garrett's influence.

Bad things = All Wade's fault.

Obvious Common denominator = Shifting blame for 17 years.

Sheep = "Yay Jerry! Please take my $35 for a stadium tour."

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Good things = Jason Garrett's influence.

Bad things = All Wade's fault.

Obvious Common denominator = Shifting blame for 17 years.

Sheep = "Yay Jerry! Please take my $35 for a stadium tour."

This is true.

On a side note - Ed Werder is tweeting that maybe Jerry hasn't spoken to Dez bc he's letting Jason handle it.

He's just speculating but thought I'd share. Broaddus agreed w his thought.

Top Bottom