:confused

Crumbling infrastructure
Democratic political structure in which the people DO NOT have control
Rampant taxation
Endless wars
Highest percentage of GDP spent on healthcare
Greatest wealth inequality
Decreased social mobility
Barely cracks the top 10 for math education and doesn't even come in top 10 for science education

What did I forget?

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So move to one of those vastly superior countries. Hopefully it'll make you feel better.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Because I make money in a field with unlimited growth potential, and if this one dies i will hop in another one.

Plus Carp hasn't had time to completely turn it into a police state.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Because I make money in a field with unlimited growth potential, and if this one dies i will hop in another one.

Plus Carp hasn't had time to completely turn it into a police state.

You whine about him over here, too? God damn, man. Let it go.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
You whine about him over here, too? God damn, man. Let it go.

Carp is my stand in for everything wrong with conservatives in America. When I need a dummy I just put his name in. IT is nothing personal.

But you Nodak, with you it is personal...

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Because, Might Makes Right. We outspend the top 25 countries combined in Military which leaves all the others more money to spend on the things you listed. I say, we pull out of all the wars, become isolationist with our Military, boot the UN off US soil, stop making it cheaper for other Countries to hock their goods here for less money than it takes folks here to make the same product, and develop this Nation instead of others.

The issue with the above statement is, the US car companies couldn't make a quality car if their life depended on it for the prices the other Countries are selling theirs. We can't even make a fucking T shirt that competes with Sweat shops in Peru on price point. And we've become more of a nation of entitlements than innovation over the last 20 to 40 years.

Seriously, who would buy a Detroit Car over a Honda? The little lady has a Chevy HHR and we just bought a 2001 Honda Accord with 150k miles for the 16 year old that is nicer than the 2010 HHR... In every fucking regard. Hell, the resale price is more than I could get for her HHR now if I tried to sell it.

But hey, that's me.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I didnt like newsroom initially but after the last few weeks I have enjoyed it.

the high school drama love tension is kind of a turn off on this type of show but I am going to hang in there for awhile.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Scumbag redneck-

Spends 100 trillion in military to protect citizens

Doesn't want health care

It's more because they're so stupid that they allow the lobbyists and propaganda to talk them into being against things that would benefit them. The states most against healthcare are the ones who are most obese, most illiterate and most dependent on things like medicaire. See also: most "conservative".

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I didnt like newsroom initially but after the last few weeks I have enjoyed it.

the high school drama love tension is kind of a turn off on this type of show but I am going to hang in there for awhile.

I like the show. It isn't an elite HBO series but still good stuff, quality acting, and I agree on the anti-corporation, hey dummie pay attention message it is sending.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I like the show. It isn't an elite HBO series but still good stuff, quality acting, and I agree on the anti-corporation, hey dummie pay attention message it is sending.

yea its just a notch down...i feel the same way about boardwalk empire...just seems a hair off from the great shows.

Reaction score
world-prison-pop-perc.gif

Top Bottom