Reaction score
Yes, the big time bust Mike Williams.

Now, I don't know what his story in Seattle was, but I do know he was playing well for a while. Looked like he turned things around and was their best receiver.

Williams was a candidate for Comeback Player of the Year in 2010 after seeing his career rejuvenated by getting a second chance with Pete Carroll and the Seahawks following flops in Detroit and Oakland. But Williams could never develop a connection with new quarterback Tarvaris Jackson in 2011 and his season was cut short by a broken left ankle.

When Seattle signed Sidney Rice before the start of the 2011 season, the belief was that Rice and Williams gave the Seahawks two of the top big receivers in football. Williams was coming off a 2010 season when he caught 65 passes for 751 yards and two touchdowns and was rewarded with a three-year extension that paid him $1.75 million in base salary in 2011 and was scheduled to pay him $3 million in 2012.

Basically, I can't fault a guy for not developing a connection with a Tavaris Quincy Jackson.

I'd hope we look into this.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well he is tall and a disappointment so he matches up with two of our criteria recently.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
No thanks.

I'd rather hope one of the Wannabe Welkers makes it out of camp.

Reaction score
Massaquoi would be a much better option than this waste.

Massaquoi wasn't released.

I'll let you guys know what my source says.

@DCUforums
@BryanBroaddus Is released Seattle WR Mike Williams drawing any interest from Dallas? Could he be an okay 3rd?

Reaction score
From my source:

@DCUforums He wasn't on the Friday waivers so we will see if that happens today. I don't believe they would go that route. Will study 2day.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Big Mike played well in Seattle, this was about money.

He was embarassed about his "bust" status and worked his ass off for this comeback. He was very humbled by this whole experience. I hope he gets another look from a NFL team. That being said, not sure how he'd fit with Dallas. We don't really need a big possession type but I'm sure the brilliant and very creative Jason Garrett could find a way to utilize him.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just another USC bust. Maybe we should give Dwayne Jarrett a call, too?

Give me a break.

Reaction score
Big Mike played well in Seattle, this was about money.

He was embarassed about his "bust" status and worked his ass off for this comeback. He was very humbled by this whole experience. I hope he gets another look from a NFL team. That being said, not sure how he'd fit with Dallas. We don't really need a big possession type but I'm sure the brilliant and very creative Jason Garrett could find a way to utilize him.

If this were facebook I would like your post.

Top Bottom