Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Updated: July 7, 2012, 2:53 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

Vikings RB Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston last night for resisting arrest.Tags: NFL, Peterson, Vikings, arrest

HOUSTON -- Minnesota Vikings star running back Adrian Peterson was arrested early Saturday on a charge of resisting arrest.

Peterson, who is from Palestine, Texas, was released from a Houston jail on a $1,000 bond later Saturday, according to information on the Houston Police Department website.

Team spokesman Bob Hagan said Saturday that the Vikings "are aware of the situation and are gathering more information."

No further details were available on the arrest. A Houston police spokesman didn't immediately return a call from The Associated Press.

Peterson is six months into rehabilitation for reconstructive surgery on his left knee, an injury that can take a year to return to full strength.

His steady progress and lack of setbacks since tearing the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments last Dec. 24 had boosted expectations that he'll find a way to be on the field for the season opener Sept. 9, when the Vikings host the Jacksonville Jaguars.

But speaking last month to reporters during a minicamp in Minnesota, Peterson acknowledged the reality of his injury.

"I know my body overall, and I know I'm just not there yet," Peterson said. "It's not terrible, but I'm not to where I know I need to be."

Reaction score
Will wait for more info before passing judgement.

Doesn't bode well though. Could that injury be the start of the decline of one of the very few star workhorse backs in the league?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
well the best way to always avoid getting arrested is to resist it so, seems like a good decision.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
lol guy is drunker than shit
0709-adrian-mug-shot-w3-1.jpg

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/08/adrian-peterson-arrest-video/

Last edited:
Top Bottom