Reaction score
Dallas goes 11-5 this year. Wins the division. Makes decent noise in the playoffs. Finishes with a pick in the 26-30 range.

First Round - TJ McDonald, FS, Southern California
Finally address our need at safety with a top notch talent, even if I am weary of Pac 10 secondary players.

Second Round - Sylvester Williams, NT, North Carolina
The team doesn't give a shat about pluggers, but I still hold out hope for a beefy middle guy.

Third Round - Matt Elam, SS, Florida
Abe Elams more talented brother. 2012 revamped our corners, 2013 revamps our safety position.

The problem with this mock, IMO, is I still wanted to plug bodies on the interior of the line, as well as get some more versatility at DE. But I am anchored slightly by the hope and glowing reports by Broaddus and others re: Geathers, Lissemore and even Hatcher.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would faint if we addressed the safety position with TJ and Elam in the first 3 rounds.

It would mean that we gave up on Matt Johnson pretty quickly or he busted already.

Not familiar with Sylvester Williams yet.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We wouldn't be "giving up" on Johnson. We'd just be recognizing that he's white.

You'd think we know these kind of things before we drafted someone.

Jerry's explanation: "I read in USA Today he led the nation in interceptions the last 2 years. Good enough for me."

Reaction score
In Jerry's defense, can you think of a white person with the last name "Johnson", outside of Andrew Johnson?

overused

Practice Squad
Reaction score
how about

Barrett Jones, OT/G/C, Alabama in the first

Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State

2nd rd

Robert Lester, S, Alabama

Johnathan Jenkins, NT, Georgia

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
how about

Barrett Jones, OT/G/C, Alabama in the first

2nd rd

Robert Lester, S, Alabama
Johnathan Jenkins, NT, Georgia

That's way too much SEC.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Dallas goes 11-5 this year. Wins the division. Makes decent noise in the playoffs. Finishes with a pick in the 26-30 range.

First Round - TJ McDonald, FS, Southern California
Finally address our need at safety with a top notch talent, even if I am weary of Pac 10 secondary players.

Second Round - Sylvester Williams, NT, North Carolina
The team doesn't give a shat about pluggers, but I still hold out hope for a beefy middle guy.

Third Round - Matt Elam, SS, Florida
Abe Elams more talented brother. 2012 revamped our corners, 2013 revamps our safety position.

The problem with this mock, IMO, is I still wanted to plug bodies on the interior of the line, as well as get some more versatility at DE. But I am anchored slightly by the hope and glowing reports by Broaddus and others re: Geathers, Lissemore and even Hatcher.

I doubt this comes to pass. Next year will be a turn for the O line again on at least one of those picks.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Would love to get Barrett Jones next year.

The pass rush talent looks better too.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Randy Johnson
Don Johnson
Lady Bird Johnson
jack Johnson
Amy Jo Johnson
Skip Johnson

I could go on and on.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Randy Johnson
Don Johnson
Lady Bird Johnson
jack Johnson
Amy Jo Johnson
Skip Johnson

I could go on and on.

I think they were all the guys in that Harvard Baseball video.

[video=youtube;eEWVwgDnuzE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEWVwgDnuzE[/video]

overused

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I would like to draft in the first

Barrett Jones, T/G/C, Alabama
Height: 6-5. Weight: 311.

play him at C but that will not happen

I expect DE/OLB in the first

Height: 6-3. Weight: 250.

Jackson Jeffcoat*, DE, Texas
Height: 6-5. Weight: 250.

2 round

I still want a BIG GUY PLAYING THE MIDDLE

Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
Height: 6-4. Weight: 320

Jonathan Jenkins*, DT, Georgia
Height: 6-3. Weight: 351.

Then I want to draft this guy at QB

Alex Carder, QB, Western Michigan
Height: 6-2. Weight: 224.
Projected 40 Time: 4.61.
Projected Round (2013): 4-6.
5/8/12: Carder has been a prolific passer for Western Michigan and was a 2011 Second-Team All-MAC performer as a junior. He lit up Purdue in his bowl game completing 31-of-57 passes for 439 yards and three touchdowns. Carder played well against Illinois and Michigan as well. Against Connecticut, He completed 37-of-51 passes for 479 yards with five touchdowns and zero interceptions, carrying the Broncos to a road win over the Huskies.

Carder completed 3,873 yards with 31 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in 2011. He has a nice arm and is a good decision maker. His senior season will be more difficult without star wide receiver Jordan White.

Carder completed 63 percent of his throws for 3,334 yards with 30 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He has been extremely efficient for Western Michigan.

Top Bottom