Reaction score
ByBrandon George / Reporter
bgeorge@dallasnews.com | Bio

3:08 PM on Wed., Jun. 13, 2012 | Permalink

IRVING -- Cowboys new addition Brandon Carr showed Wednesday why he was one of the top free agent cornerbacks on the market this off-season in the second of three consecutive mini-camp practices.

During a two-hour practice at Valley Ranch, Carr was dominant defending the pass in the red zone. Carr is a physical cornerback and that really helps him when defending a short field, such as the red zone.

Carr knocked away pass after pass in the end zone as quarterbacks Tony Romo and Stephen McGee continually tested him on the outside.

No matter if the pass went inside or outside, Carr was in position to make a play on the ball. Finally, receiver Dwayne Harris beat Carr inside, barely getting both his feet down in bounds at the back of the end zone. Even on that pass, Carr maintained tight coverage on Harris and it took a perfect pass by Romo and great footwork by Harris to complete the pass.

Earlier in a red zone situation, on the same route inside, Harris stopped short on the route and was forced to dive for a Romo pass. Cowboys tight end Jason Witten quickly told Harris to keep coming on the route because he was in a one-on-one situation. Witten's advice paid off for Harris, who made the catch against Carr in the back of the end zone the next time he had a chance.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think Henry was more than decent. He could be physical and he had a great break on the ball, excellent anticipation. He looked great for us, when he played. Dude was just injured all the time.

Reaction score
I don't mean to discredit Henry. I really liked him for a few years. But yeah, he pulled his groin more than Pee Wee Herman in a movie theatre (AYOOOOO!)

By saying he's solid, I mean that in that he was never in the elite cornerback class.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I thought Henry was solid up until his last year with us where he wasn't good at all. Him playing 7 yards off the line when the other team only needed 3 for a first drove me crazy.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I thought Henry was solid up until his last year with us where he wasn't good at all. Him playing 7 yards off the line when the other team only needed 3 for a first drove me crazy.

The Campo Cushion. See Newman the last few years as well.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

The Campo Cushion.

Reaction score
Worst coach we've ever had. I don't see how we went 5-11 those three years. I guess we got lucky.

Do you remember how much preseason hype we got going into 2002 after signing Glover, Kevin Hardy, and Westbrook? Quincy was going into his 2nd year and there was hope for him yet.

Then we start the year by losing to the expansion Texans.

:suicide

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Do you remember how much preseason hype we got going into 2002 after signing Glover, Kevin Hardy, and Westbrook? Quincy was going into his 2nd year and there was hope for him yet.

Then we start the year by losing to the expansion Texans.

:suicide

Yep, I had really high expectations that year after those signings. I was really excited about Glover.

Reaction score
ByBrandon George / Reporter
bgeorge@dallasnews.com | Bio

3:08 PM on Wed., Jun. 13, 2012 | Permalink

IRVING -- Cowboys new addition Brandon Carr showed Wednesday why he was one of the top free agent cornerbacks on the market this off-season in the second of three consecutive mini-camp practices.

During a two-hour practice at Valley Ranch, Carr was dominant defending the pass in the red zone. Carr is a physical cornerback and that really helps him when defending a short field, such as the red zone.

Carr knocked away pass after pass in the end zone as quarterbacks Tony Romo and Stephen McGee continually tested him on the outside.

No matter if the pass went inside or outside, Carr was in position to make a play on the ball. Finally, receiver Dwayne Harris beat Carr inside, barely getting both his feet down in bounds at the back of the end zone. Even on that pass, Carr maintained tight coverage on Harris and it took a perfect pass by Romo and great footwork by Harris to complete the pass.

Earlier in a red zone situation, on the same route inside, Harris stopped short on the route and was forced to dive for a Romo pass. Cowboys tight end Jason Witten quickly told Harris to keep coming on the route because he was in a one-on-one situation. Witten's advice paid off for Harris, who made the catch against Carr in the back of the end zone the next time he had a chance.

I hope caught a few, instead of knocking them all away.

But none of this really matters. It is the offseason.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Worst coach we've ever had. I don't see how we went 5-11 those three years. I guess we got lucky.

Remember on Hard Knocks when Jerry was prattling on about how Campo might end up with a statue outside Texas Stadium like Landry? lol

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Remember on Hard Knocks when Jerry was prattling on about how Campo might end up with a statue outside Texas Stadium like Landry? lol

Unfortunately, I do. I remember watching one of the first preseason games and it was very sloppy and full of penalties and Campo goes on a big postgame tirade telling all the players it was his fault. Worst. Coach. Ever

Top Bottom