bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Class action lawsuits will always attract con men and free riders, no matter the profession. And yes, I do get a whiff of naked opportunism here. Charlie Waters is a co-plaintiff despite his admission that he would urge team doctors to do everything they could to get him back on the field faster. So how is that the Cowboys' fault? Unless the players can prove that the NFL knew its equipment to be faulty or insufficient, I don't see the lawsuit succeeding.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I agree. They should have no case.

They got paid for what they did. GTFO with this frivolous shit.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
I don't care because its not my money and it does not affect me in any way.

The problem is that this crap is effecting the game. It's turning into some pansy ass version of what football was.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I agree. They should have no case.

They got paid for what they did. GTFO with this frivolous shit.

They're just mad that salaries today are heavily inflated compared to the "old days". They want some of that Internet money.

Reaction score
as far as I'm concerned.

Where you you weigh in?

Current owners and players could have done much better by the retired players, but didn't, despite a combination of pleas and warnings by the retired guys.

So the retired guys are going for it.

The risks were not well understood. There is plenty of money. I've got no problem with it.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The NFL shouldn't.

It is totally frivolous and should be thrown out, it will depend which judge gets it. Some will realize it's total BS and then there are the "bleeding hearts" that will let anything go through

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If the risks were not well understood by both parties, how is that the NFL's fault?

Why should the NFL be held liable?

Thats what this lawsuit is about, to show that the NFL did know about the risk.

If it is found that the NFL did know and hid the facts would you be OK with the lawsuit?

Reaction score
If it is found that the NFL did know and hid the facts would you be OK with the lawsuit?

Probably not.

If you need studies to know that football is dangerous, then you're a moron. And the stupid shall be punished.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Probably not.

If you need studies to know that football is dangerous, then you're a moron. And the stupid shall be punished.

So once again you don't care about the facts and are upset about what you perceive the issues to be.

This is not about the NFL being dangerous its about the NFL hiding the facts about concussions and how long players should be held out, you know the guidelines they are currently using to "protect players".

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
So once again you don't care about the facts and are upset about what you perceive the issues to be.

This is not about the NFL being dangerous its about the NFL hiding the facts about concussions and how long players should be held out, you know the guidelines they are currently using to "protect players".

I doubt they knew back in the '60s the long-term consequences of concussions. It has been a fairly new revelation.

Reaction score

Don't be mad just because Zimmerman is innocent. No need to bring that thread into this one.

And yeah, prove to me that the NFL "hid" facts.

Good luck with that one, Bigboy.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Don't be mad just because Zimmerman is innocent. No need to bring that thread into this one.

And yeah, prove to me that the NFL "hid" facts.

Good luck with that one, Bigboy.

It's free money, dawg.

Reaction score
A former WWE wrestler from Harvard got to the Trurh about Concussions by grave-digging for brains but the NFL had no idea? Yeah, ok.

Reaction score
Not saying they had no idea. Saying they didn't "hide" information.

If the information was out there, and it's public knowledge, or accessible to all, then the NFL can't be held liable.

Wait, you mean to tell me running into other people at full speed for 60 minutes might have a negative effect on your body? SHOCKING!

Reaction score
They know whether red or green grapes will give a player more energy on game-day but somehow have no knowledge of what goes on with a players body AFTER they're done with him.

Sure throw a player back in a game after a concussion. By the time it affects his life he'll be long retired

Top Bottom