Reaction score
May, 6, 2012

By Calvin Watkins

The popular theory among some fans and media members is Cowboys outside linebacker Anthony Spencer isn't an elite player like DeMarcus Ware.

It seems unfair to compare the two players.

The Cowboys stopped Spencer from going on the free-agent market when they placed the franchise tag on him, worth $8.8 million.

When you look at the numbers, Spencer finished with just six sacks but had 31 quarterback pressures, second to Ware's 41, and his four forced fumbles led the team.

Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan was asked if Spencer had a better year than many thought.

"Yes, he did. Yeah, he did," Ryan said. "I know I listen to all them radio shows on the way home and when they’re not dog-cussing me, they’re dog-cussing him. The bottom line is: He’s a damn good football player. What we asked him do, he did a great job with."

Spencer has been described more as a run stopper who doesn't rush the passer with the frequency of Ware.

When you see Spencer with no sacks the last four weeks of the season, it raises some questions. Over that same time span, Spencer has two tackles for loss, coming against Philadelphia, and seven quarterback pressures.

"So if we send him more this year, that will be great," Ryan said. "I know everybody just looks at the bottom line on sacks or wins, and I don’t blame them. But as a coach, you appreciate a guy like Anthony Spencer because he does the right thing, and he plays hard. He forces fumbles. He still rushes the passer. He gets in the move. I think he’s going to have a great year."

Reaction score
Jerry: Shaddup fatass. Gotta make him and the fans think he sucks so he doesn't burn me on this longterm deal I'm workin on.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
You mean the GM that gave scandrick his deal.

I would say its a done deal with Spencer

Reaction score
Do you think we give him a long term deal with Wilber on board now?
I think Jerry wants to extend him. If he has changed his mind based on our Rookie mini-camp, then he's dumber than I thought.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Spencer's numbers put him in the #4 slot as far as production for folks that play his position. Where is the mystery guy that is gonna get these big ole numbers you all want coming from exactly?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Spencer's numbers put him in the #4 slot as far as production for folks that play his position. Where is the mystery guy that is gonna get these big ole numbers you all want coming from exactly?

I've never seen anyone who likes the status quo more than you do. Everyone on this team is outstanding and nothing could be better. That's why we went 6-10.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
I've never seen anyone who likes the status quo more than you do. Everyone on this team is outstanding and nothing could be better. That's why we went 6-10.

And... You still didn't answer my question. If Spencer is 4th best for his position and all the 3 above him are under contract. You'd just assume kick him off the team and go with someone worse. What part of there is NO ONE BETTER WE COULD GET do you not fucking understand you fucking little ****?

BTW, I still have all the transcripts, vids, and audio of your pussy ass on the TRS, don't think for one fucking minute I won't post them in their entirety on every fucking bulletin board you post on as you are laughed off the God damn internet. Say I like the status quo again and you won't be able to post on a My Pretty Pony thread without people laughing you off of it.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
BTW, I still have all the transcripts, vids, and audio of your pussy ass on the TRS, don't think for one fucking minute I won't post them in their entirety on every fucking bulletin board you post on as you are laughed off the God damn internet. Say I like the status quo again and you won't be able to post on a My Pretty Pony thread without people laughing you off of it.

LOL

Geek

Reaction score
Jerry: Shaddup fatass. Gotta make him and the fans think he sucks so he doesn't burn me on this longterm deal I'm workin on.

Jerry??? You guys must just be hung up on titles. What's he got to do with it?

Reaction score
Oh so now you're gonna leave us in suspense?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And... You still didn't answer my question. If Spencer is 4th best for his position and all the 3 above him are under contract. You'd just assume kick him off the team and go with someone worse. What part of there is NO ONE BETTER WE COULD GET do you not fucking understand you fucking little ****?

And I'll say whatever the fuck I want on this board. Threats from people like you won't do a damn thing.

So once again, you like the status quo more than anyone I've seen.

How's that?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And I'll say whatever the fuck I want on this board. Threats from people like you won't do a damn thing.

So once again, you like the status quo more than anyone I've seen.

How's that?

Checking the forum guidelines. Realized there are no guidelines.

So I will allow it.

Top Bottom