Reaction score
ESPN Watkins: So just who is Joshua Price-Brent?

By Calvin Watkins

In last week's supplemental draft, the Cowboys selected defensive tackle Joshua Price-Brent from Illinois in the seventh round.

At his Pro Day, Price-Brent had 18 team watch him and according to NFL.com there were four teams that sent personnel directors.

Former Cowboys executive Gil Brandt, who works for NFL.com, reported from the pro day:

"Price-Brent measured in at 6-foot-1 ¾ and 321 pounds," Brandt said. "He ran the 40-yard dash twice, each time clocking in at 5.38 seconds. He did 22 reps on the bench press to go with a 29-inch vertical jump. He had an 8-foot, 10-inch broad jump, a 7.71-second three-cone drill and a 4.74-second short shuttle."

It seems Price-Brent will move from end to defensive tackle and in the Cowboys' scheme will play the nose tackle position. Cowboys officials believe Price-Brent has had a tough upbringing, but feel he's a good enough player, who has learned from his mistakes to take a chance on.

He was declared academically ineligible by Illinois in the spring and spent 30 days in jail for a DUI.

However, Price-Brent is in good shape, one scout said he's built like a ox and could challenge for the backup nose tackle spot, that is currently held by Junior Siavii.

At worse, if things don't work out with Price-Brent all the Cowboys lost was a seventh rounder in 2011 draft, but that could get picked up again via trade with another team come the draft weekend.

C

Cr122

Well in order to make the 53 man team he must beat out Junior Saivii.

It's possible.

Reaction score
him being a sup. pick makes me think Dallas thought "HIGHLY" of him...def. a interesting guy to keep my eye on during training camp and preseason

Reaction score
him being a sup. pick makes me think Dallas thought "HIGHLY" of him...def. a interesting guy to keep my eye on during training camp and preseason

Not sure we thought too terribly high of him. We did only put in a 7th rounder for him, afterall. I've read where Ciscowski liked him. And it is in a position of need.

Then again . . . who knows . . . maybe we just drafted him to increase our rookie pool in the event we have difficulties signing Lee or Bryant.

/conspiracy theory

C

Cr122

I'll admit I was on the fence about this before, but I am starting to like the move a little more now.

Reaction score
Not sure we thought too terribly high of him. We did only put in a 7th rounder for him, afterall. I've read where Ciscowski liked him. And it is in a position of need.

Then again . . . who knows . . . maybe we just drafted him to increase our rookie pool in the event we have difficulties signing Lee or Bryant.

/conspiracy theory

your right a 7th rounder dosn't really mean much but its so rare Dallas shows interest in someone from the supplemental draft..so they def. thought somthing of the fella

C

Cr122

your right a 7th rounder dosn't really mean much but its so rare Dallas shows interest in someone from the supplemental draft..so they def. thought somthing of the fella

And another thing if they thought he couldn't beat out Saivii then I don't think they would of bothered.

sbk92

Reaction score
I'll admit I was on the fence about this before, but I am starting to like the move a little more now.

Nobody would hate it if we used our 7th next year on this guy.

So I don't get why anyone would have a problem with this move now.

sbk92

Reaction score
Besides, the Cowboys do a real good job of identifying top UDFAs. Not that I don't care about draft picks, but losing a 7th doesn't mean as much when you have the ability to consistently bring in productive undrafted players.

C

Cr122

Nobody would hate it if we used our 7th next year on this guy.

So I don't get why anyone would have a problem with this move now.

At first I thought they were just throwing in a body for camp.

Then I did a little research on him and changed my mind a bit.

But I am still not so sure he makes the team over Saivii.

Reaction score
At first I thought they were just throwing in a body for camp.

Then I did a little research on him and changed my mind a bit.

But I am still not so sure he makes the team over Saivii.

I bet he does.

In fact, I guarantee it.

Top Bottom