icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Nobody wanted him during the draft last yr either, it's not that hard to figure out we weren't going to get anything for him now

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Eric Reid, Zach Brown, and Bennett fall in the Parcells "planet theory". Only a few athletes on the planet have their athletic ability on the football field.
Only a few athletes on the planet wear out there welcome quicker than Marty B either. I got a feeling there wont be a Marty B sequel in Dallas. How many teams have gotten rid of him since he was here?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Expand your vocabulary and tell me what on the Cowboys roster is better than Zach Brown, Eric Reid, and Martellus Bennett?

Between 2 Super Bowl appearances, Pro Bowl appearances, and one Super Bowl ring he has traveled himself to a nice career and is 2 up (Super Bowls) on Witten, Zach Brown has more starts than Lee and the other Cowboys one legged LBers, and Eric Reid injured has had more tackles and interceptions than anyone in the Dallas secondary the same amount of time.

Eric Reid, Zach Brown, and Bennett fall in the Parcells "planet theory". Only a few athletes on the planet have their athletic ability on the football field. See Tyron Smith and see the Cowboys OL without Tryon Smith.

I'm not opposed to Brown but he will probably cost too much, but the other two are dogs. Bennett and Reid also have injury concerns.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Only a few athletes on the planet wear out there welcome quicker than Marty B either. I got a feeling there wont be a Marty B sequel in Dallas. How many teams have gotten rid of him since he was here?

Like half the league

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Nobody wanted him during the draft last yr either, it's not that hard to figure out we weren't going to get anything for him now

Yeah but apparently they learned nothing from the Romo situation. Remember Jerry running his yapper about doing right by Romo and releasing him. Then trying to back pedal and say no wait, we are going to try and trade him. Poker apparently isnt a strong suit for the key stone cops that run the FO. These people could literally fuck up a wet dream.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Earl Thomas is probably way less than 50/50 to end up here.

Probably, but I hope we are at least kicking the tires.

The cost to trade for him plus signing him to a contract extension (which is a must because if you throw away a pick or two to get him, it cant just be for a 1 yr rental) are real concerns though.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ya....

Dallas has a need at safety

Dallas has (somewhat of) a need for a leadership role in the secondary

Former seahawks secondary coach/d-coord is here fresh from seattle and prob would love someone familiar w his style/scheme to help facilitate things

Makes too much sense

Which is why dallas will not do it

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ya....

Dallas has a need at safety

Dallas has (somewhat of) a need for a leadership role in the secondary

Former seahawks secondary coach/d-coord is here fresh from seattle and prob would love someone familiar w his style/scheme to help facilitate things

Makes too much sense

Which is why dallas will not do it

Unless ET is a locker room cancer or something similar. That may be why we don’t go after him, simply because our new DB Coach “does” know him

Either that or we just suck when it comes to FA. It’s always the latter, but it may be some of the former as well

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Earl Thomas and Suh would do wonders for this defense, so I doubt either will wear a Cowboy uni next season. Jerry and Stephen are too busy doubling down on things that havent worked in two decades.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Earl Thomas and Suh would do wonders for this defense, so I doubt either will wear a Cowboy uni next season. Jerry and Stephen are too busy doubling down on things that havent worked in two decades.

Thomas I'd love to have here for the right price, but Suh I'm not sure about.

Wrong side of 30 and really hasn't been the same player in Miami that he was in Detroit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

The Cowboys are expected to extend David Irving's restricted free agent tender on Tuesday. The team is considering a first- or second-round tag, a difference in cost of $1.2 million. They have until Wednesday to make the tender.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure what the sticking point ended up being last yr when they were trying to get Martin's extension done, but Norwell's deal today is going to end up costing Dallas more money to retain Martin now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
NFLN reporting Dallas was inquiring about Watkins before he got huge dollars from KC.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I know everyone gets all pissy over our FO for basically sitting out free agency, but when an average to above average starter like Hitchens gets this kind of $$$, it's hard to really question the Cowboys thinking on some of this. I liked Hitchens and thought he was underrated, but 9 mils per year? Really?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
With the news this morning that we were "in" on Sammy Watkins, I'm thinking that would have been the end of Dez Bryant's days here. Then there's this:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys finalizing restructured contract for T Fred, freeing up 7mils or so on cap.

Top Bottom