dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think some of his antics here in recent weeks are because he already knows he is either 1) going to be forced into a major pay cut or 2) out of here via trade or release

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think some of his antics here in recent weeks are because he already knows he is either 1) going to be forced into a major pay cut or 2) out of here via trade or release

Based on the interviews they did at the combine it looks like his monkey gonna be needing a new home shortly. Spent more time interviewing WRs than any other position. It isnt a great year for #1 type WRs but I think we are already way past the addition by subtraction stage.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Based on the interviews they did at the combine it looks like his monkey gonna be needing a new home shortly. Spent more time interviewing WRs than any other position. It isnt a great year for #1 type WRs but I think we are already way past the addition by subtraction stage.

Sammy Watkins, Donte Moncrief both free agents, both with ties to WR coach Sanjay Lal

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sammy Watkins, Donte Moncrief both free agents, both with ties to WR coach Sanjay Lal

really difficult for stevie jones to make offers to these guys when he's sitting w/ both thumbs up his ass

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
really difficult for stevie jones to make offers to these guys when he's sitting w/ both thumbs up his ass

Stephen Jones is not the risk taker his old man is. Junior is a lawyer who will be handed the keys to the family business. His job is to make money, not spend it.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stephen Jones is not the risk taker his old man is. Junior is a lawyer who will be handed the keys to the family business. His job is to make money, not spend it.

hit the nail on the head right there

when dallas was pissing through bad contracts at least it looks like they were trying

i am very grateful that dallas doesnt trade draft picks anymore for proven talent like joey galloway and roy williams

1 comment on trade value this offseason... seems like its all over the place. you got guys like bennett and talib who get moved for day 3 picks and spare parts

but when dallas is in the hunt for a safety, its 2nd rounders or multiple picks. cant wait for the practice squad all-stars and journeymen that dallas scoops up from other teams because dalla s is smarter than everyone else

Reaction score
247Sports

There are some well made points in this article

The $25 million dollar savings over the next two years is reason enough

Move on from Dez to what? Move on to the over paid midget WR that the Cowboys brass begged not to quite in his rookie training camp that did nothing since his overpaid contract?

The Cowboys need to draft a WR (Chark or St. Brown), get rid of Beasley, keep Dez, and sign another Brice Butler type.

Dez will go to another team and terrorize the Cowboys if they let him go. I was not for signing him long term (we should have franchised him and sign Murray for a chance at the Super Bowl after 12-4). You see if Dez will restructure to a one year deal with incentives then if he balls you do what should have been done....franchise him for next year. The Cowboy need to sign Martin to a long term deal only if you move him to RT and put Collins back to OG.

The Cowboys have the worst GM in the NFL so you need to minimize the obvious disasters he has done since 1994.

Last edited:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
why the hell would you swap martin and collins ???

dallas has been connected to pretty much every WR in the draft so i think they are giong to draft 1 or 2

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Move on from Dez to what?

Move on from Michael Bennett to what? Move on from Suh to what? Move on from Jarvis Landry to what? Move on from Richard Sherman to what? Move on from Aqib Talib to what? Move on from Tyrod Taylor to what? If other teams can do it, why can't we? You can't be afraid of change or the unknown.

Reaction score
why the hell would you swap martin and collins ???

dallas has been connected to pretty much every WR in the draft so i think they are giong to draft 1 or 2

Collins played OG for the Cowboys and was better at that position than RT. Martin was a OT at ND that was switched to RG because Free was at RT. Signing a RG to a long term lucrative contract makes no football sense because you can find a RG in the draft (most RT or LT SEC OT can make that transition in there sleep...see Collins) or free agency.

At RT Martin would have more value and worth the extension. It will allow Collins to go to a position (LG) he showed pro bowl skills at early in his career as a starter. Martin can easily move to RT. Collins has struggled unnecessarily at RT when he could be a pro bowl LG. Draft a T or sign one in free agency and move him to RG.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Collins played OG for the Cowboys and was better at that position than RT. Martin was a OT at ND that was switched to RG because Free was at RT. Signing a RG to a long term lucrative contract makes no football sense because you can find a RG in the draft (most RT or LT SEC OT can make that transition in there sleep...see Collins) or free agency.

At RT Martin would have more value and worth the extension. It will allow Collins to go to a position (LG) he showed pro bowl skills at early in his career as a starter. Martin can easily move to RT. Collins has struggled unnecessarily at RT when he could be a pro bowl LG. Draft a T or sign one in free agency and move him to RG.

Martin was moved to G in part due to arm length, he started playing G at the Senior Bowl that yr and everyone knew it was likely regardless of which team drafted him, he'd move inside. He is an all pro G, arguably the best in the league. You don't move him.

I also don't agree Collins was better at LG than he was at RT. Collins was outplayed badly by Leary at LG and never seemed to improve there. He at least did get better at RT as the year wore on last yr.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i dunno

martin is the best guard in the entire league

then we sign him to top guard money and move him to tackle (where he would have been paid a lot more) ???

Reaction score
Move on from Dez to what?

Oh, hey guys look! It's another of those "well, who ya gonna git" morons that thinks there is nobody else on planet earth that can come in here and equal Dez's pedestrian numbers for a lot less money.

Stop being a pussy when it comes to change. Funny how the Patriots never have this problem.

Last edited:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
its not like dez has a real qb to throw to him or a gameplan that takes advantage of his strengths anyways

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
its not like dez has a real qb to throw to him or a gameplan that takes advantage of his strengths anyways
He's a one-trick pony. And that one-trick doesn't work anymore, it was barely a 50-50 proposition when it did work. As far as "real quarterbacks" go, his league-leading drop total won't help anyone not even Rodgers.
Dez will go to another team and terrorize the Cowboys
Like every other receiver does. So what? We should keep him and pay him millions so he can lead the league in drops again and so he might not get to play against us once or twice?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He's a one-trick pony. And that one-trick doesn't work anymore, it was barely a 50-50 proposition when it did work. As far as "real quarterbacks" go, his league-leading drop total won't help anyone not even Rodgers.

cmon.... rodgers would have dez looking like megatron 2.0

dak & the gameplan were all sorts of fucked up last year.

before last yr, dez was trending upward. albeit not top 5 wr like he's getting paid. dallas won w/o him in the lineup but when he came back, he was still making plays.

its just another case of dallas not knowing what to do with/how to utilize the players on their roster

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dez dropped like a dozen perfectly thrown balls last yr.

"perfectly" ??? or do you mean "catchable" ???

and dez dropped 2 balls the yr before

yes you want consistency w/ the money youre giving him

but as i said, the whole offense sucked dick last yr

Top Bottom