Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I can't believe Spring training has already started. Seems like last month I was watching my Astros in the World Series.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Anxious to see if my Twins hopefully can build off last year. Just saw they signed Logan Morrison. Didn't see him play last yea except when they played the Twins, not sure if it was a good signing or if he's a one year fluke.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My preseason pick to take it now they have Giancarlo Stanton. Houston an NY are both so talentated.

Yankees pitching? Same could be said about Houston. They remind me of the Big Red Machine form the 70's. Pitching was mediocre and they out slugged a lot of teams. Houston looks to me that they have four perennial all stars. Altuve, Correa, Bregman and Springer. Altuve might be the best midget hitter I ever saw. National League sucks, I could see the Dodgers take a step back. Milwaukee a dark horse.

Trouty

Reaction score
So, uh, we're just gonna ignore the Angels? 2018 WS Champs! Jk. Shohei and Michael Nelson Trout are our future. Look out, AL, Eppler is building a team. Solid offseason FA signings (3B, 2F, our blackhole LF). Improved farm, which has been our boon. Went from last place a couple seasons ago (BaseballAmerica) to middle of the pack, in large part to poaching the Braves after they were punished.

Also, fuck the Astros :razz :lol

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So, uh, we're just gonna ignore the Angels? 2018 WS Champs! Jk. Shohei and Michael Nelson Trout are our future. Look out, AL, Eppler is building a team. Solid offseason FA signings (3B, 2F, our blackhole LF). Improved farm, which has been our boon. Went from last place a couple seasons ago (BaseballAmerica) to middle of the pack, in large part to poaching the Braves after they were punished.

The Angels will be interesting. Trout is the gold standard, best player in baseball, its not close. As far as Ohtani, was listening to somebody on radio who said they talked to some scouts who saw him in Japan. A couple things that I didnt realize were: 1) they said he pitched every 10th day there, even if the Angels have a six man rotation, that will be a big difference/ adjustment. 2) He struck out 30% of the time in Japan, thats a high number that I have a hard time seeing being less in MLB. I would temper expectations for Ohtani but I do think the Angels contend for a wild card.

Trouty

Reaction score
The Angels will be interesting. Trout is the gold standard, best player in baseball, its not close. As far as Ohtani, was listening to somebody on radio who said they talked to some scouts who saw him in Japan. A couple things that I didnt realize were: 1) they said he pitched every 10th day there, even if the Angels have a six man rotation, that will be a big difference/ adjustment. 2) He struck out 30% of the time in Japan, thats a high number that I have a hard time seeing being less in MLB. I would temper expectations for Ohtani but I do think the Angels contend for a wild card.

Without a doubt, brother. I was just being over the top. I told someone, if Shohei levels out as a solid #2 I will be happy. It's his team control for 6 years that is so valuable. If he pitches like a #2, hell, that's incredible at his AAV (right now around $2 mil).

I have never heard of him being on a 10-man rotation. Only that he is as polished a prospect as one can expect. He went 3/3 today in his first spring training game as a DH. Sosh is most likely going to use a 6-man rotation. He looked OK yesterday pitching, imo. Still, rusty and also coming off his elbow injury.

We'll see, Angels still have some holes and Pujols' anchor albatross contract. Astros are going to be hard to bounce atop the AL West.

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score

The Angels will be looking up at the Stros in the standings for years to come.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Gotta admit, Ohtani off to a nice start after a miserable spring. Trout used to be the only reason to follow that team.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Not a baseball fan, but I think it is sad that this Josh Hader kid that made some questionable Tweets when he was barely old enough to sneak a beer out of his daddy's fridge is being called to the carpet.

Top Bottom