dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dbair is worse than Spags. At some point, Jim Garrett entrenched himself within the organization. He became something more than a scout and had Jerry's ear. That's the problem with the way the organization is run.

That could be, but again Jimmy didn't play around with that kind of b/s when he was here. It was his way or the highway.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Or can it be that BP wanted to remove the folks from VR that had been giving Jerry bad advice all these years? Jim Garrett wasn't so entrenched in 89 as he was later on.

So you really think it would have taken Jimmy 4+ seasons to figure out Garrett was stupid or useless? Come on man.

Again I can possibly see Jimmy giving Garrett a courtesy to work out the kid, but not to usurp his authority and decide whether he makes the team or not. That's ridiculous for anyone to suggest based on how he ran things here.

Reaction score
Hell they scream nepotism from the roof tops over at the Star.

This is why they absolutely will draft the grandson, and name him starting QB when he's 22 years old regardless of how bad he sucks. It's coming. In my best Darth Vader (James Earl Jones), "Search your feelings. You KNOW it's true".

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is why they absolutely will draft the grandson, and name him starting QB when he's 22 years old regardless of how bad he sucks. It's coming. In my best Darth Vader (James Earl Jones), "Search your feelings. You KNOW it's true".

There was actually a CZ thread about this scenario a couple months ago and the vast majority of those pinheads were FOR this.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Workout yeah maybe, on the damn team hell no, not with Jimmy.

So Jason Garrett might have gotten a workout without his old man intervening even though he didn't get one without that intervention? Got it.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So you really think it would have taken Jimmy 4+ seasons to figure out Garrett was stupid or useless? Come on man.

I think guys like Garrett knew their place when Jimmy was here. Onve Jimmy left, everyone had a voice that could get to Jerry.

Again I can possibly see Jimmy giving Garrett a courtesy to work out the kid, but not to usurp his authority and decide whether he makes the team or not. That's ridiculous for anyone to suggest based on how he ran things here.

I never made the argument and you're moving the goal posts. Garrett never gets a workout here without his old man intervening. You can't even admit that and instead want to change the the discussion to fit your narrative then claim a suggestion I never made was ridiculous.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think guys like Garrett knew their place when Jimmy was here. Onve Jimmy left, everyone had a voice that could get to Jerry.

I never made the argument and you're moving the goal posts. Garrett never gets a workout here without his old man intervening. You can't even admit that and instead want to change the the discussion to fit your narrative then claim a suggestion I never made was ridiculous.

He begged Norv to give his kid a workout to back-up Aikman .

Again, if Jimmy didn't want him on the team here Dodger, he wouldn't have been here. Like I have said, I could see Jimmy giving someone a courtesy workout (especially since it was a team scout) but there's no way Jimmy would have just wasted a roster spot (even a practice squad spot) on someone he thought had no value or couldn't play a lick.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Again, if Jimmy didn't want him on the team here Dodger, he wouldn't have been here. Like I have said, I could see Jimmy giving someone a courtesy workout (especially since it was a team scout) but there's no way Jimmy would have just wasted a roster spot (even a practice squad spot) on someone he thought had no value or couldn't play a lick.

So ultimately it goes all the way back to Jimmy and we have him to thank for the Red Clapping Clown.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So ultimately it goes all the way back to Jimmy and we have him to thank for the Red Clapping Clown.

LOL, good point

Just goes to show you Clapper has been a used car salesman all his life, and even got Jimmy to buy a lemon.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Round and round we go. The only reason Garrett got a workout in the first place is because of his old man. I don't even know why you're discussing anything further beyond that. It's really not debatable.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Round and round we go. The only reason Garrett got a workout in the first place is because of his old man. I don't even know why you're discussing anything further beyond that. It's really not debatable.

Because you said his old man got him on the team as Aikman's backup. I even posted your own words.

Nothing wrong with him getting a workout because of that, especially since he had been playing QB (in another league, prior to that was on the Saints PS) but you claimed he only got a spot here because of that, which I said was ridiculous.

JFC dude

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You guys are arguing over who stepped in dog shit and tracked it into the house when it doesn’t really matter now that the dog shit is all over the house and stuck in the carpet.

The only thing that matters now is when Jerry will finally decide he’s tired of staring at the dog shit stains on the carpet and finally fire Garrett.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
You guys are arguing over who stepped in dog shit and tracked it into the house when it doesn’t really matter now that the dog shit is all over the house and stuck in the carpet.

The only thing that matters now is when Jerry will finally decide he’s tired of staring at the dog shit stains on the carpet and finally fire Garrett.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Sounds like a post I would make.

You're coming right along, my s0n!
:nyuk

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
People forget Garrett only played for Jimmy one year. And he only played, what a game and a half before Kosar replaced him. Garrett spend the vast majority of his Cowboys career under Switzer and Gailey.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
People forget Garrett only played for Jimmy one year. And he only played, what a game and a half before Kosar replaced him. Garrett spend the vast majority of his Cowboys career under Switzer and Gailey.

He was on the Cowboys PS in 1992, then the active roster in 1993 so he was really apart of the Jimmy era for two years.

What's amazing is he was exposed to Jimmy for that length of time every day for that long, and apparently didn't learn one damn thing about how to coach or run a team, or manage a game. Played under Jon Gruden for a yr in Tampa, then coached for two years on Saban's staff with him in Miami. Didn't learn shit.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
He was on the Cowboys PS in 1992, then the active roster in 1993 so he was really apart of the Jimmy era for two years.

What's amazing is he was exposed to Jimmy for that length of time every day for that long, and apparently didn't learn one damn thing about how to coach or run a team, or manage a game. Played under Jon Gruden for a yr in Tampa, then coached for two years on Saban's staff with him in Miami. Didn't learn shit.

Or think about how bad he would be if he had never been around those guys.

Top Bottom