MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
i was casting a pretty broad brush, and you're 100% right, there's tons of draft picks and a lot of money invested in that defense.

very different from our defense-on-a-budget.

All of our draft picks and money went on the offense. That’s what sells tickets and brings in the money.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All of our draft picks and money went on the offense. That’s what sells tickets and brings in the money.

No it didn't. Not even close MrB.

Charlton, Awuzie and Lewis were our first 3 picks this year. The Gimp. Collins and Tapper were our 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks in 2016. Byron Jones and Randy Gregory were our top 2 picks in 2015 and took Damien Wilson in the 4th. We moved up in 2014 for Demarcus Lawrence and took Hitchens in the 4th. JJ Wilcox in the 3rd in 2013. Claiborne, Crawford, Wilber and Matt Johnson were our top 4 picks in 2012.

These are premium draft picks. With the exception of Lawrence and maybe Lewis this year, who one that list is worth a bag of chips? Collins has flashed but is inconsistent. Either way, these guys should be major contributors, especially Gregory, the Gimp, Claiborne and Byron Jones.

The myth is that we've drafted well and it drives me crazy every time I hear it. You can't win if you don't hit on some day 2 draft picks. But we've even struck out on day 1 which I still consider the first 3 rounds, Dak and Zek not withstanding.

Top Bottom