Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
he blew all the right people

I knew he would. He's shameless. And the authority will go to his head. If you think Hostile was unbearable, wait until David gets on a roll.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I knew he would. He's shameless. And the authority will go to his head. If you think Hostile was unbearable, wait until David gets on a roll.

don't be fooled by the fancy title. he basically parks cars around here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

You are on the official watch list now Dodger

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The safety we actually drafted in 2016 with the safety we wanted..

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Oh hey, I'm no longer an Admin?

Not even a break-up text Doomsday? Weak.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dodger, I think you're okay until he starts bringing out the oversized fonts and asterisks

Don't be surprised when he does. I mean, he's giving us his weekly "thoughts" thread. Don't get me wrong....I appreciate the effort he puts in to writing it. But next thing you know, he'll be telling us stories of saving kittens and bringing law and order to unruly passengers on a plane.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Risers

Josey Jewell/LB/Iowa: I’ve been a fan of Jewell’s since his sophomore season and even went as far as listing him in round one of our 2018 mock draft this past May. During the Hawkeyes heartbreaking last second loss to Penn State the linebacker once again proved what most of us already knew- he’s a tremendous football player. Jewell plays with incredible instincts, football smarts and intensity. His stats line from the game was incredible- a game leading 16 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, 1 fumble recovery, 1 interception and a pass break-up. Jewell’s not the greatest athlete, he lacks top computer numbers and despite our May prediction, he’s unlikely to land in round one. Yet I don’t doubt he’ll be starting as a rookie in the NFL then will go on to have a long and productive career.

BJ Hill/DT/North Carolina State: The stats and the highlight reel show Bradley Chubb as the star during the Wolfpack victory over the Seminoles but Hill was equally effective and dominated Florida State’s interior offensive line. Hill posted 2 tackles, 1 tackle for loss and 1 sack. He also did a great job occupying blockers which allowed his linebackers to make plays on the ball handler. Hill showed terrific quickness, explosion and a touch of athleticism to get the job done. The past two years I’ve rated him as a second day pick and recent word is area scouts have moved him into the top 100 after receiving a sixth round grade on Hill entering the season.

Christian Kirk/WR/Texas A&M: During the Aggies victory over Arkansas almost 1000 yards of offense was produced by the teams as well as 93 points. It was a game where A&M receiver Christian Kirk again established himself as one of the most lethal big play threats in the country. Kirk led all receivers with 5 receptions, 110 receiving yards and 2 scores, one coming on an 81 yard touchdown catch. This was accomplished against an Arkansas defense that lines-up four NFL prospects in the secondary. Kirk also provided fireworks on special teams returning a kick-off 100 yards late in the game to give the Aggies the lead. Kirk is a threat to score from any point on the field every time the ball is in his hands. His ability to alter games is impressive and guarantees Kirk will be drafted somewhere during the initial 60 picks.

Keke Coutee/WR/Texas Tech: Though not on the same level as Christian Kirk, Coutee is also displaying himself as a game changer. During the Red Raiders shoot out victory over Houston the junior led all receivers with 11 receptions for 161 yards. Included in that tally was a touchdown reception of 77 yards. Coutee is a smallish skill player with elite speed and return skills. I grade the junior as a middle round pick and believe he will perform well in the slot at the next level.

Bryce Love/RB/Stanford: Love is yet another junior skill player watching his draft stock take off. He was a one man show against UCLA amassing an incredible 263 yards rushing on 30 carries with 1 touchdown. His rushing yardage was almost double the number Stanford totaled through the air, as the offense finished with 148 yards passing. Love is a slippery, elusive ball carrier with a burst and the ability to create yardage. He’s also a much better pass catcher out of the backfield than he’s given credit for. During our Stanford prospect preview we stamped him with a 5th round grade, but that has since improved almost two full rounds.

Mitch Hyatt/T/Clemson: Hyde represented himself well against the very tough and explosive Boston College defensive line. He manhandled the highly rated Harold Landry on more than one occasion, annihilating the potential first round pick on running downs. I’m still not sold Hyde projects to left tackle at the next level but it was a very good showing for the big man.

Sleeper Prospect- Kurt Benkert/QB/Virginia: Entering the year Benkert was virtually ignored by scouts or given the grade of a prospect being offered a try out during May mini-camp. That opinion is quickly changing. The once downtrodden Cavalier football program is presently 3-1 and Benkert is leading the way on offense. During the team’s road win over Boise State the senior finished with 273 yards passing, 3 TDs and no interceptions. In four games this season Benkert has thrown 10 touchdown strikes to just 1 interception, a major improvement over his 21-to-11 ratio from 2016. Benkert has next level size, sold arm strength and enough accuracy to potentially slide into the late rounds then make a roster as the third quarterback on a depth chart.

Small School Prospect- Brandon Parker/T/North Carolina A&T: Last year while doing Aggie film work on Tariq Cohen, who’s now making his mark as a rookie in the league, I couldn’t help but notice the mammoth offensive lineman plowing open running lanes on the left side. The more I watched the more I was intrigued and immediately stamped him with a draftable grade. In the early going of the 2017 season Parker has not disappointed. Measuring 6-foot-7 and 315 pounds, with arms which reportedly reach 35 inches, Parker is a dominant force with above average footwork and lateral agility. He’s efficient as a run blocker and pass protector and comes with tremendous upside. I would expect Parker to receive an invitation to a post season All Star game and just hope it’s a good one such as the Shrine Game.

Sliders

Jamar Summers/CB/UConn: After his sophomore season of 2015, Summers looked like the next big time defensive back prospect from the UConn program and was projected as a top 100 choice. He slumped last season and entered his senior year with a 6th round grade. He’s been even worse this year and presently looks undraftable. After getting beat badly by Virginia, Summers took his lumps against East Carolina on Sunday, blowing coverages which allowed Pirate quarterback Thomas Sirk to finish the game with 426 yards and 3 scores on 30 of 39 passing. Next week Summers will face Courtland Sutton of SMU. Speaking of which….

Courtland Sutton/WR/SMU: Is it time we put out an APB for Courtland Sutton? Sutton bypassed last April’s draft where he would’ve been a first round pick and entered the 2017 season with expectations he’ll be an early selection next year. It hasn’t worked out during the season’s first month. The large, game controlling receiver caught just two passes against an Arkansas State defense that allowed 266 yards passing and 16 receptions. The week prior Sutton registered just a single reception against TCU. In four games this season he’s posted just 13 catches, not a good number for a prospect considered a game controlling, possession receiver.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Y'all are on notice..... Dustin Vaughan's 6-6 320lb brother is a monster offensive lineman who can play all positions on the line and is also a dangerous TE who can block, catch and run. Watch out for..... Dillon Vaughan, West Texas A&M.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Y'all are on notice..... Dustin Vaughan's 6-6 320lb brother is a monster offensive lineman who can play all positions on the line and is also a dangerous TE who can block, catch and run. Watch out for..... Dillon Vaughan, West Texas A&M.

You should email the Cowboys organization.

Top Bottom