Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Back on topic, the fraud grows:

Ahmed's celebrity tour goes global as family heads to Qatar | | Dallas Morning News

Everyone was expecting North Texas’ most famous teen to return home from his national tour this week. A Dallas public relations firm hoping to sign Ahmed Mohamed had even made plans for a limousine to pick him up at the airport when they flew in from New York.

But they’ll have to wait a little longer, because Ahmed and his family are detouring for Qatar, per a statement the family released this morning.

“The last few weeks have been truly life-changing for my son Ahmed and for our family,” Mohamed Elhassan Mohamad said in a prepared statement announcing the trip.

After Ahmed met the prime minister of Turkey at the United Nations last week, a foundation offered the boy a tour of “Education City”—a 5-square-mile cluster of universities and think tanks in the Qatari capital, Doha.

The family say they were invited by the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, which was founded by a former ruler of the country.

It’s not clear exactly how long Ahmed will stay abroad. His father said last week he wanted to take the boy to Mecca, a holy site in Saudi Arabia.

Family in Texas expect them to return here around mid-October.

Once they are back, Ahmed’s family says he plans to finally retrieve the clock that made him famous, which has been waiting for him at an Irving police station since police cleared the boy of a hoax bomb charge.

And once the boy has his clock, he plans to take President Barack Obama up on his invitation to bring it to Washington.

“His main goal is to take it to the president,” said Ahmed’s uncle, Aldean Mohamed.

Reaction score
Anyone can find any number of quotations going in any direction they wish, depending on their belief, both atheist and religious. Regardless, the U.S. was not founded on any religion as it’s not a theocracy, but it’s morals and ethics were Judaeo-Christianity based.

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion;

I guess you have a different interpretation for “in any sense” lol

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
VTA bringing the pain....and are we really questioning if religion had any basis for our founding? I mean, really?

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion;

I guess you have a different interpretation for “in any sense” lol

Cut and paste answers for cut and paste knowledge. Context son, context.
Post modern rationalism. :lol

Reaction score
Cut and paste answers for cut and paste knowledge. Context son, context.
Post modern rationalism. :lol

Stop using red herrings. I’m not insulting you, only your retarded religion.

You don’t like what the treaty said, so you need context. Have all the context you want, lol!

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Stop using red herrings. I’m not insulting you, only your retarded religion.

You don’t like what the treaty said, so you need context. Have all the context you want, lol!

I’m not insulted.
My faith is in God; I don't need these long dead men to have believed what I believe to feel grounded.

:lol Yes, context gives definition. Without it you get an unclear, untrue picture. The context is the circumstances of the quote in conjunction with his other writings and American culture of the times.

Listen, say you don’t believe in God, that’s your prerogative and you would be more convincing if you just stated it without the dishonesty. We live in a post-Christian age which doesn’t require any amount of dishonesty concerning our nations groundings and anthropologically proven culture. It’s absolutely celebrated that we’ve moved away from them. No need to try and re-write history.

Reaction score
I’m not insulted.
My faith is in God; I don't need these long dead men to have believed what I believe to feel grounded.

:lol Yes, context gives definition. Without it you get an unclear, untrue picture. The context is the circumstances of the quote in conjunction with his other writings and American culture of the times.

I think you are over thinking things.

Listen, say you don’t believe in God, that’s your prerogative and you would be more convincing if you just stated it without the dishonesty. We live in a post-Christian age which doesn’t require any amount of dishonesty concerning our nations groundings and anthropologically proven culture. It’s absolutely celebrated that we’ve moved away from them. No need to try and re-write history.

Most people in American still believe in god. You are not in the minority, not even close.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
There are far less people that believes in a God than it used to be. Hell is gonna be crowded which this current generation that thinks they know more than God. It is no surprise. It was predicted.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I draw the line between the Judaeo-Chrisitian understanding of God and everyone else. I wouldn't say the differences between true Christianity and Catholicism and the false teachers of today are tertiary. They're starkly contrasting and are exactly what Jesus Himself warned against.

As for Islam, you need only look at how it's handled when the restrictions are off. In their own nations. You acknowledge that the U.S. has to deal with the crazies, as you'd called them, but we know they are the exception not the rule. In Islamic nations and in their expansions what and where are moderates? An American Muslim on Fox or CNN in a suit isn't a good barometer, because as it stands, if he acts out as he can in a Muslim nation he'd get the boot or at least ruin the narrative of the poor minority yet again being oppressed by evil Americans.

The Grand Mufti I quoted above was clearing up his Taqiyya to his own people. Taqiyya is lying to the enemy. In English he quoted the Quran: ‘Whosoever will, let him believe, and whosever will, let him disbelieve,’ (Quran18:29), yet to his own, in his own language is when he made the remark about punishing apostasy. This is what goes on. This is what is commanded. In order for a Muslim to disobey, he has to contradict this. Like I'd said, it's an inverse of Christinaity. Not just different, entirely inverted.

The passage from Romans I'd quoted takes care of this. By doing the right things in his heart and living it out among his people, the Amazonian, the unreachable becomes a law unto himself and God judges him on that basis. God doesn't blame him for not hearing the Gospel. In the day of judgement God won't be confused or angry with Christians for missing one. Like I'd said, He wouldn't bank all of civilizations eternal fortunes on the abilities of man, so where man fails God doesn't.

Are you suggesting that people who somehow live a life full of morality and good deeds without ever attending a Christian church are actually "christians" who God will accept into heaven?

God didn't make us to remain as tree-swingers and cave-dwellers. Advanced humans far outnumber remote tribes, so to the advanced and prosperous man God puts forth His plan of salvation. He knows how humanity behaves when it rises to the top. We have a much greater sense and vulnerability to sin than a simple life affords.

So he made some people who are more or less disposable? Fucked from the get-go? The idea that some people can be tossed aside due to no fault of their own simply because most everyone else is in good standing is bullshit. That's like applauding a .450 batting average when the player could hit for 1.000 if he wanted to. Yeah, those are good numbers by normal standards, but not really where they should be when using words like, "perfection".

When I fed them, they were satisfied; when they were satisfied, they became proud; then they forgot me. (Hosea 13:6)

It's recounted repeatedly how easily Israel became apostate once it became prosperous. And they had signs and prophets!

The shitty aspects :)lol) of Judaism are ancient history and Jesus and the Apostles make it clear what purpose they served in it's time and the Christians relationship to it. We are not to kill anyone for apostasy; we are not to harass. Nor were ancient Jews. God only told them to punish those who formerly persecuted them, or as a punitive measure against a self-destructive society, before they spread their horrible practices. Never was the reason simply for not believing. God made the distinction between unbelief and disobedience on His terms. It's not recorded how He did, but He did give the Canaanites 400 years and they didn't repent. So God used Israel to punish them, but He did not allow them to attack the Edomites, who also didn't have the law.

We are to study the entire bible and learn from someone else's mistakes. An example being the book of Judges; it's an entire polemic against moral equivocation. We see that going on now in force.

The Quron and the Hadith make no such distinctions. No evolution of intellect and spirituality, just stagnant laws and the compulsive obedience to them.

I sure hope all of this makes you curious enough to start reading the Bible.

Ancient history? There are plenty of examples of horrific deeds that occur right now in the name of Christianity.

Female genital mutilation is very popular in the Christian country of Ethiopia. Let me guess, they aren't really Christians?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Are you suggesting that people who somehow live a life full of morality and good deeds without ever attending a Christian church are actually "christians" who God will accept into heaven?

The Bible suggests fellowship, but the key to gaining entry into heaven is simply accepting that Jesus Christ is your savior.

It's really pretty simple.

I mean, you have to atone for your sins and all. That's hard.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score

So he made some people who are more or less disposable? Fucked from the get-go? The idea that some people can be tossed aside due to no fault of their own simply because most everyone else is in good standing is bullshit. That's like applauding a .450 batting average when the player could hit for 1.000 if he wanted to. Yeah, those are good numbers by normal standards, but not really where they should be when using words like, "perfection".

Ancient history? There are plenty of examples of horrific deeds that occur right now in the name of Christianity.

Female genital mutilation is very popular in the Christian country of Ethiopia. Let me guess, they aren't really Christians?

Were you drunk when you typed this?
Paragraph 1: No. In the context of tree swingers who never get out in the broader world, not exposed to the Gospels, God will judge them by their circumstances.

Paragraph 2: Where the fuck did you get that idea?

Paragraph 3: Ethiopia is almost half, surprise! Muslim. Genital mutilation is, surprise again! an Islamic tradition. :/
Does anything that takes place in proximity to a Christian reflect badly on the Christian? :lol

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I had a very well thought out post written about religion and my views on it. I erased it. I think we should have another Crusade against the pedophile, rapist, murdering goat humpers and see if we can make them extinct before them try to do the same thing to us.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Were you drunk when you typed this?
Paragraph 1: No. In the context of tree swingers who never get out in the broader world, not exposed to the Gospels, God will judge them by their circumstances.

Why not just judge everyone by their circumstance? Shit, why even judge by circumstance at all considering he's responsible for circumstance?

Paragraph 2: Where the fuck did you get that idea?

I was under the impression that if you didn't subscribe to Christianity that you didn't go to heaven. Is this not true? If someone was born into a setting where they could never hear of Christianity and they could never go to heaven, kinda means they're fucked from the get-go, doesn't it?

Paragraph 3: Ethiopia is almost half, surprise! Muslim. Genital mutilation is, surprise again! an Islamic tradition. :/
Does anything that takes place in proximity to a Christian reflect badly on the Christian? :lol

Ethiopia is 1/3rd Muslim, nearly 2/3rds Christian. 74% of women have undergone female genital mutilation.

Proximity actions don't reflect badly on Christianity, but stuff they take part in does.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
How can you show your face back in this thread, hoof?

btw, ever heard of Rogaine? Looking thin up top.

Top Bottom