theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I dont put much stock in guys playing two hand touch in gym shorts but according to Broaddus: 1) Rico Gathers has miles to go and is no lock for the roster.

2) the gimp has a problem with change of direction and looks like a two down LB at best right now.

3) Taco for the most part has been having his ass handed to him by Tyron Smith (understandable)

4) La'el Collins looks like a permanent solution at RT while LG is up in the air.

5) Damontre Moore (yes that bone head) looks like a starter at this point.

6) Awuzie, Lewis and Switzer are at the head of the Rookie class

7) Last but not least Tapper has been held out a lot, at least they only have a 4th invested in him but if he cant go in no pads I hate to think what camp will be like for him.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This wasn't reported by Brodus but I did read that Maliek Collins was giving Zack Martin fits with his bull rush. He was actually man handling Martin in several plays. But then Martin settled in and handled Collins pretty much the rest of the day.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Perhaps Mr. Moore has "seen the light" and realizes that this is his last chance to make a career of playing pro football?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus is wrong almost 95% of the time it seems. I take anything he says pretty much with a grain of salt. Honestly I'd rather read Spagnola's stuff all day long than pay any attention to Broaddus.

Gil Brandt's recent comments about Jaylon Smith seem to contradict Broaddus.

On Tapper they have been treating him the same as all the other injured guys coming back it seems. Rotating him a lot so he doesn't overdo his back. Tapper is in unbelievable physical shape by many accounts.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I don't think Charlton will end up being shit. Funny about Gathers. They already have a HOF jacket measured for him over at the Zone.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I need to see something from Gathers before I give a shit

So far he's just a guy who hasn't played football since 8th grade

I'm hoping Taco at least ends up as a solid rotational guy with 3-4 sacks

That would be a win

But to think he's going to come in as a rookie and get 10 sacks is outrageous

He's apparently getting his ass handed to him by the o-line so far. But so does 95% of the league so that's no real indicator of how good he may be. Plus he hasn't put pads on so none of it means shit yet anyway

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Broaddus is wrong almost 95% of the time it seems. I take anything he says pretty much with a grain of salt. Honestly I'd rather read Spagnola's stuff all day long than pay any attention to Broaddus.

Gil Brandt's recent comments about Jaylon Smith seem to contradict Broaddus.

On Tapper they have been treating him the same as all the other injured guys coming back it seems. Rotating him a lot so he doesn't overdo his back. Tapper is in unbelievable physical shape by many accounts.

3 is a given, and 4 definitely would be helpful. Hearing that Green is locking down LG. But that right side with Zach and Collins should be bad ass.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I want to see more preseason snaps from Gathers. As far as Taco goes, I just want us to have at least 1 good defense player outside of Sean Lee, so I'm hoping for the best.

Top Bottom