Reaction score
I find it funny that fans actually have these kind of illusions that there could be a fan uprising. I also find it odd that any fan would be more interested in seeing the team humiliated than in seeing it succeed. I get the frustration, but what's the point of being a fan if you don't want the team to succeed?

In any case, the bulk of fans who sink their time and emotions into the team also keep it in perspective, and despite the ups and downs and frustrations and emotions, they ultimately realize football and the Cowboys are down the list of life priorities, well behind family, friends and work. So, they try and enjoy their entertainment options, understanding that part of the entertainment of football and the Cowboys is to fuel their competitive natures and invest their emotions, but also understanding that it can't be allowed to negatively impact their lives. So we move along, often frustrated, but keeping it in perspective relative to other priorities. Accordingly, there will be no uprising.

You lack the ability to see four dimensionally. You can only see the here and now. Seeing long term would require the homer type fan to put the endorphin rush of winning meaningless games in meaningless seasons aside for the betterment of the franchise long term. Jimmy Johnson understood this philosophy perfectly, and put it to use, so it's not like there isn't a historical lesson to be learned.

Make no mistake about any of us here. We all want the Cowboys to be more like the Patriots. We don't want the Cowboys to be the joke that Jerry has made them into. But we know that great sacrifices are going to need to be made in the here and now for that happen. The team must fail so hard that Jerry's hand is forced into at least switching coaching staffs, but we also know that he would likely hire Jeff Fisher or someone like that instead of a real coach who would take over. It is what it is.

We will remain in football purgatory until Jerry dies. We might have a chance after that unless little Stevie names himself god-emperor like his old man has.

OmerV

Spectator
Reaction score
Everyone knows most fans won't. You're arguing against shit that's never been said.

A lot of people know too, that Jerry has designed his business model to insulate him from any "uprising." How he did that and how it works is covered here very well.Nobody's ever said anything like this either. Again, arguing against points never made or even alluded to.

There has been talk about anger, and if enough people are angry it might cause a change. Maybe "uprising" wasn't the right word, but then again, how is anger going to make any difference if there isn't any outward display of it? At the end of the day, fans aren't going to get worked up enough to force any change. The only way change comes is if the team gets so bad - like the late 1980's - that people quit caring, and quit going to the games and buying things. The fact people get angry shows they actually still care, and they will be watching and going to games.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
There has been talk about anger, and if enough people are angry it might cause a change. Maybe "uprising" wasn't the right word, but then again, how is anger going to make any difference if there isn't any outward display of it? At the end of the day, fans aren't going to get worked up enough to force any change. The only way change comes is if the team gets so bad - like the late 1980's - that people quit caring, and quit going to the games and buying things. The fact people get angry shows they actually still care, and they will be watching and going to games.

The way Jerry has it set up now, Dallas fans skipping games cannot possibly hurt him.

Read the OP again, Rynie did a "outward display."

OmerV

Spectator
Reaction score
The way Jerry has it set up now, Dallas fans skipping games cannot possibly hurt him.

Read the OP again, Rynie did a "outward display."

Rynie is one person, and that's my point. Sure, there may be a few individuals here and there that bail on the team, but that isn't the reality for most fans. There will be somebody ready and willing to fill right in so that Rynie isn't missed. There will be no widespread exodus of fans. Again, most fans don't have the extreme views or place the extreme importance on the Cowboys that Rynie might.

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You lack the ability to see four dimensionally. You can only see the here and now. Seeing long term would require the homer type fan to put the endorphin rush of winning meaningless games in meaningless seasons aside for the betterment of the franchise long term.
This quote is genius. You need to save this as script thereby saving yourself keystrokes later. It can then be trotted out as the need arises.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rynie is one person, and that's my point. Sure, there may be a few individuals here and there that bail on the team, but that isn't the reality for most fans. There will be somebody ready and willing to fill right in so that Rynie isn't missed. There will be no widespread exodus of fans. Again, most fans don't have the extreme views or place the extreme importance on the Cowboys that Rynie might.

This is such an arrogant post, as if you know what "all fans" think or somehow you speak for them. The only place I see this type of homerism is on-line and mainly at CZ. I mean, Jerry can't even show his wrinkled mug on the big screen of his own stadium because the fans boo him. It would be embarrassing for most anyone but not Jerry. It's about the money for him.

You can enjoy the entertainment. Jerry Jones loves you and fans like you........

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

Ratings for the NFL overall have been going down the last couple years. And while millions of fans exist and the NFL is still a long way from going under its not a good trend. Its an even worse trend when you take into account the NFL is shooting its OWN self in its OWN feet causing the decline its OWN self.

Younger fans are more casual in their fandom. The kids now arent anywhere near as passionate about watching games and following the teams as they were in the past. When I was a kid all week in school we all talked about the upcoming games and couldnt wait till Sunday for football. It isnt that way with any kids Im aware of.

So thats the NFL in general but the trend is real. So Jerry has the NFL trend and then add in his 23 year run of futility with fans gradually losing interest. A lot of us still love the Cowboys but its the attachment to the past thats really the love. And Jerry has been killing that love year by year with his pathetic incompetence.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Speaking of apathy, stuff like this is why I don't give two shits about going to the HOF

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
My apathy is through the roof. I did not watch the last five games of last season. The NFL as a whole has pissed me off over the kneeling issue and after so many years of futility with an idiot coach, I just decided I could not stomach watching any more Cowboy games last year. I will probably boycott all next season. What is the point of watching when you know the team will not go anywhere with the red headed idiot on the sidelines.:brick

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
My apathy is through the roof. I did not watch the last five games of last season. The NFL as a whole has pissed me off over the kneeling issue and after so many years of futility with an idiot coach, I just decided I could not stomach watching any more Cowboy games last year. I will probably boycott all next season. What is the point of watching when you know the team will not go anywhere with the red headed idiot on the sidelines.:brick

I never thought I would ever lose interest and would never want to miss a game. Jerry couldnt kill it for me but the Red Fool has finally. Its pathetic what we've lived thru as fans for 2+ decades.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Guess what guys… we are going to move up in the draft for a WR so Jerry can please all the casual fans. This team is hard to root for.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Guess what guys… we are going to move up in the draft for a WR so Jerry can please all the casual fans. This team is hard to root for.

I guessed this yesterday and I was really hoping that I was talkin out my ass. There is no WR worth moving up for IMO. This franchise is fuckin hopeless. Gotta be Ridley right?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Until that third triplet completes the formula!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I guessed this yesterday and I was really hoping that I was talkin out my ass. There is no WR worth moving up for IMO. This franchise is fuckin hopeless. Gotta be Ridley right?

Would not surprise me if it’s DJ Moore.

Top Bottom