Status
Not open for further replies.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The moment any adversity was faced the team threw in the towel and proceeded to get stomped. "It's ok, though, because Zeke was suspended," was the thought in their minds to justify it. I know too much about human psychology, especially of the snowflake millennial athlete, to be convinced otherwise.
Again... This is why I detested the attitude of the front office (especially Stephen) during and after the 2015 disaster year. One, they acted like they were all waiting for Romo to come back and save them. Two, after the year Steve blew it off as well, basically stating that we still have the best team, we just were hurt so we couldn't possibly win. And of course Robot Garrett never said anything different. Never did anyone act like that streak of losing was unacceptable, or that there would be consequences.

That kind of attitude makes losing acceptable. You just use the convenient excuse and everything is fine.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I quit watching after the missed field goal, what did McFadden do in the game to give you this impression?

He just fell over on the one run play he got, also missed badly on a pass protection.

Then there was the report in pregame about him too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The moment any adversity was faced the team threw in the towel and proceeded to get stomped. "It's ok, though, because Zeke was suspended," was the thought in their minds to justify it. I know too much about human psychology, especially of the snowflake millennial athlete, to be convinced otherwise.

It was still 10-7 and 17-7 into the 3rd quarter too though, so am not buying the team quit thing.

Losing Sean Lee killed the defense (as usual) and the offense could never get anything going because of what Chaz Green and the officials did.

That said, I halfway am expecting a really, really bad blowout Sunday night.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Theebs posted it at CZ

Said Jane Slater told the guys on the station (Ticket I think) that she was being told McFadden was sulking for quite some time.

It was in that pregame thread.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
NFLN reporting Tyron Smith out Sunday. Dont know if there any blind homers or fan boys yet to make their pick but you might want to reconsider.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I can't believe it, I've seen the line drop anywhere from 1/2 to a full point and the wiggles are now favored by 2.5-3 points depending on where you go

I'm too gutless to bet it but with Tyson out, this seems like the most obvious Cowboy loss in years

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can’t imagine a situation where we pull a win out of our ass this coming week

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I can't believe it, I've seen the line drop anywhere from 1/2 to a full point and the wiggles are now favored by 2.5-3 points depending on where you go

I'm too gutless to bet it but with Tyson out, this seems like the most obvious Cowboy loss in years

Yep a real "trap game" for Philly.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Boy, I wish I knew some sharps, I be they're salivating over this considering the bookies are enticing bettors to pick Dallas to even out the wagering. With all that action on Philly, it could swing even more favorably as the week progresses

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
D. Ware is working with our pass rushers this week and there is talk that he may be brought on in some form of a coach

Now that is a front office decision I can support!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
D. Ware is working with our pass rushers this week and there is talk that he may be brought on in some form of a coach

Now that is a front office decision I can support!

Do you think he'd recommend cutting Chaz Green after Ware himself beats him 25 straight times for sacks in practice while doing slow motion demos of different moves his DL's could use?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You know as scary as Dak's blind side being protected by Chaz or Bell looks to be, I really think Sean Lee will be a bigger loss. Wentz gonna have open receivers in the middle all day, not to mention missing Lee's run stopping ability. I already made my pick and certainly stand by it. Somebody explain to me how Philly doesnt win by double digits?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You know as scary as Dak's blind side being protected by Chaz or Bell looks to be, I really think Sean Lee will be a bigger loss. Wentz gonna have open receivers in the middle all day, not to mention missing Lee's run stopping ability.
With the smile of a Cheshire cat, Wentz today at the presser was saying how great our linebackers are, how good our safeties are, how 'outstanding' our d-line play is, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom