Reaction score
Have fun trying to figure out which play is the worst. My personal favorites:

1) 1st and 10 vs. NE when he literally gets picked up and thrown aside like a rag doll
2) 2nd and 6 vs. Washington where you see just how talented Demarco Murray really is...

Reaction score
They were joking on The Ticket last night about how defenses are just totally attacking the interior line now to expose Costa. You can see it at 1:30 in the clip where Romo gets destroyed by Babin right up the middle. Nobody even touches him.

Same thing with that Dockett play. It's a miracle that Romo is still alive.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
interesting.

did know it all sturm happen to make one on tyron smith?

Reaction score
He only mentioned a Costa video on his show. I think a Tyron video has "Theebs" written all over it though.

Reaction score
Why is this man starting for us? Why is Kowalski not given the job when he's clearly better? Why did we let Gurode go?

Soooo many questions come to mind when watching this disgrace of a football player..

63echo

Reaction score
lol

This would be hilarious if he didn't play for Dallas. My ass is still chapped that we got rid of Gurode so I'm predisposed to disliking Costa, but it's not like my hate isn't unfounded. The guy is nowhere near ready to be a starter.

He should've put some sugar on top of that video by adding "highlights" of Costa getting confused by the Skins' fake snap counts.

**edit, in case you've forgotten

[video=youtube;_EODwYi60RQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EODwYi60RQ[/video]

Reaction score
What was the game where he just refused to snap it at all? That was my favorite Costa play of the year. He remained in his stance while everyone around him was already moving back to the huddle after the delay of game had been called.

Reaction score
I can't call him a fucking idiot douchebag there without those little censor asterisk thingys ruining it, so here we go.

I remember at least 5 plays this year where Tyron Smith got owned .. I guess we should replace him in the off-season too.

Just like players can be made to look awesome in highlight videos of their best plays while hiding their bad plays, the opposite can be had given enough time and motivation by someone.

And just for the record, I wouldn't mind some upgrades on the offensive line including at center. I'm just reminding everyone that it is very easy to manipulate when you have easily manipulated people waiting to be told how to think.

Imagine if someone made a highlight video of every time you lost your temper .. would that define you? I'm just saying..

#reality

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
One of my biggest complaints over Jerry's recent thrifty player decisions is cutting these guys without having a competent back-up in place. I want to get rid of underachievers too but not if it means putting no-talent scrubs in the starting line-up. We did the same thing with Roy Williams. Luckily, Laurent Robinson came out of nowhere and stepped up, because the original plan of Kevin Ogletree was awful.

Recent cost-cutting moves and their planned replacements
Ken Hamlin - Alan Ball
Roy Williams - Kevin Ogletree
Andre Gurode - Phil Costa
Leonard Davis - Bill Nagy ???

we also downgraded when we lost Stephen Bowen in Free Agency and replaced him with Kenyon Coleman.

Again, I want underachievers booted and I'm all for giving young talent a chance to develop. I'm just not seeing the
young "talent".

But we're just fine at GM, just fine.

Reaction score
One of my biggest complaints over Jerry's recent thrifty player decisions is cutting these guys without having a competent back-up in place. I want to get rid of underachievers too but not if it means putting no-talent scrubs in the starting line-up. We did the same thing with Roy Williams. Luckily, Laurent Robinson came out of nowhere and stepped up, because the original plan of Kevin Ogletree was awful.

Ken Hamlin - Alan Ball

we also downgraded when we lost Stephen Bowen in Free Agency and replaced him with Kenyon Coleman.

Again, I want underachievers booted and I'm all for giving young talent a chance to develop. I'm just not seeing the
young "talent".

Good post. dbair will have some work to do in order to homer this one up.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Watched the video already knowing how awful he is and I was still disgusted.

I still can't believe The Plan going into this season was to start Phil Costa and Bill Nagy, another weakling that got blown into the backfield on way too many plays.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Good post. dbair will have some work to do in order to homer this one up.

growing pains blah blah blah...can't fix all the holes in one off-season blah blah....

same ole Protect Jerry at all Costs nonsense.

Reaction score

Ken Hamlin - Alan Ball

young "talent".

Jerry is a risk taker.

He hit with UDFA's like Romo and Austin, so lets see if these other unknowns will be studs.

Just like for years he took chances on character guys/head cases. He hit on Haley, and kept trying to do it again with the likes of Dimitrius Underwood, Alonzo Spellman, Pacman Jones, Tank Williams, etc etc.

He'll take an anomoly, and think it's the norm. Because he's the smartest guy in the room if it does happen to work out.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry is a risk taker.

He hit with UDFA's like Romo and Austin, so lets see if these other unknowns will be studs.

Just like for years he took chances on character guys/head cases. He hit on Haley, and kept trying to do it again with the likes of Dimitrius Underwood, Alonzo Spellman, Pacman Jones, Tank Williams, etc etc.

He'll take an anomoly, and think it's the norm. Because he's the smartest guy in the room if it does happen to work out.

That's my favorite homer take. Jerry is soooooo good at signing Undrafted Free Agents so who cares if we constantly miss on draft picks. UDFA should not be a team strategy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Some guys work out, some dont. Some are ready from day one, others are not.

I guess for all the posts like some of the one's in this thread (complaining about getting rid of older guys, past their primes, taking up too much cap space etc etc) I can go back and find an equal number of posts and threads from some of you same bozos complaining about holding onto to said old guys too long, complaining about some guys not being worth their cap charge and complaining loudly that the Cowboys dont do anything to develop and/or give young guys a chance, like all the other good franchises do. Not every team replaces aging or past their prime players with guys who are just as proven. Sometimes you hope a guy gets his chance and flourishes. The fact is you just dont know what some guys can do until they get their chance.

Costa looks like a guy destined to be a career backup. He got his chance and hasnt gotten better, in fact it appears the rookie free agent behind him is already better than he is. Now why wont they play him? The fact is we dont know. Maybe they just dont feel comfortable playing a rookie undrafted free agent at C.

Not every starter adn key reserve can be a proven, superior player. There's gotta be some of these cheap, relatively unknown guys who have to step up and pull their weight. Every good team has them. We arnt at that level yet. We still need to upgrade the overall depth of the roster.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Do you think our line as a whole has played better or worse than last season?

I say better.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's my favorite homer take. Jerry is soooooo good at signing Undrafted Free Agents so who cares if we constantly miss on draft picks. UDFA should not be a team strategy.

It has to be of part of a teams strategy- how can you say otherwise? Most years you only have 7 picks at most, so some of these guys are critical additions. Its called "scouting"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you think our line as a whole has played better or worse than last season?

I say better.

I would agree, its been better. Still not good enough and still obvious we need to upgrade a couple of interior OL spots, but it is better overall.

Top Bottom