Iamtdg

Reaction score
Game nerds, answer me this:

one time I was playing Mario brothers on level 7. I accidentally jumped on a turtle that coming down the stairs, but when I did, Mario just kept stomping his ass for like 10 minutes, every time he stomped him I got an extra life. Instead of a # of lives, I had like a crown symbol next to my extra lives.

Why did that happen? Ever see it before?

I think it was a glitch, but yeah it was pretty well known.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I only ever had it happen once, so I thought my game was defective or something.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think it was called Treasure Island, but I loved that game.

Excite Bike.
Double Dribble

hated Zelda and xenephobe or whatever.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Oh we're bringing sega into this bitch?

Joe Montana's football 94

best football game to this day.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Blades of steel was awesome.

Those Nintendo sports games seemed so great compared to the commodores.

Blades of steel, double dribble, tecmo bowl, first and ten.

Commodore had hardball and a crazy football game where u had to run the wr pattern.

Then the genesis came out with madden, NHL, lakers vs bulls and that awesome saga World Series baseball just made Nintendo seem terrible.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Mike Tyson's Punchout was probably my most favorite sports game at the time.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
While every kid in the neighborhood was rockin Super Mario Bros and Mike Tyson's Punch Out, my genius parents got us an original Sega.

So screw you guys.. Sonic the Hedgehog, Rocky, and Altered Beast are the best games ever!

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Great thread!

Played most of the old atari games on here like Pitfall... Good times. Plus 63echo had a good shout out for Zork. Whoa, hadn't thought about that in forever. Though it's not that much of a video game. Hey 63, you play the original Wolfenstein on the Apple II? That was pretty badass.

Loved Streets of Rage playing two at once on the bad guys.

Favorite all time game was Robotron. It was so hard no one played it that much (cuz you lost your quarters so fast) but this one arcade had a deal on Saturday mornings where you paid five bucks or whatever and got to play all you wanted for two hours. So it didn't matter how fast you died. My buddy and I got pretty good at it. Best game ever.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Contra was awesome.

There was a Sega game in the early 90s that was awesome. Early precursor to open world RPGs

Goldeneye 64 in college. Still maybe my favorite game ever

NHL 94 was greatness

Top Bottom