sbk92

Reaction score
JEAN-JACQUES TAYLOR / The Dallas Morning News | jjtaylor@dallasnews.com

The Cowboys released Flozell Adams in the off-season because they believed in Doug Free.

The fourth-year veteran did nothing to disappoint in the Cowboys' first preseason game of the season. Free, starting at left tackle, did a nice job run- and pass-blocking, especially against Bengals defensive end Antwan Odom, who had eight sacks in his first six games until an Achilles injury ended his season.

Now, some of you can relax.

There have been so many questions about Free's ability to competently replace Adams. Maybe the Cowboys created some of those questions with the addition of Alex Barron in the off-season.

While there's a big difference between the first preseason game and the regular-season opener against Washington, Free has shown every indication he can handle the job.

Free started seven games at right tackle last season, when Marc Colombo suffered a leg injury, and did such a good job the Cowboys decided they would put the younger, cheaper player at one of the offensive line's most important positions.

The Cowboys like Free's athleticism, especially in the running game. They think his agility and quickness will allow the Cowboys to pull and add another element to their running game.

As a pass blocker, Free has been excellent. He uses his long arms to keep defensive ends at bay, and when he has been beaten, he uses his balance and athleticism to recover quickly.

Free is competing with Barron, a former first-round pick, but he has a considerable edge.

Reaction score
Props for Jerry and staff for making the move.

Knowing when to cut long-tenured veterans is an art. The Eagles and Patriots have this down. We seem to be following suit with the release of Ellis, Adams, Owens, and others lately . . .

sbk92

Reaction score
ohh now your the English teacher of the forum lol

Well when you want to insult someone's intelligence, you might want to spell simple words correctly. I mean, it will just help you with the illusion that you're something other than a homer moron.

Reaction score
Well when you want to insult someone's intelligence, you might want to spell simple words correctly. I mean, it will just help you with the illusion that you're something other than a homer moron.

you make short statements with out backing you claim what do you expect tard

Reaction score
I make short statements without backing up what I claim?

What in God's name is your retarded ass talking about?

need I quote your response to my 1st post of this thread

"I'd say that's a tad exaggerated"

dumb people are ignorant I guess

sbk92

Reaction score
need I quote your response to my 1st post of this thread

"I'd say that's a tad exaggerated"

dumb people are ignorant I guess

Yes, it's a tad exaggerated. That was me being nice and not laughing at the idiocy you posted. I'm trying to throw a ****** a bone here. I'm poster friendly.

sbk92

Reaction score
Free is solid against Cinci and in retardville it becomes he ate his man up.

I want it to be true, I wish it was true, but it just isn't true. He was solid. In limited playing time. Good for him.

Reaction score
Yes, it's a tad exaggerated. That was me being nice and not laughing at the idiocy you posted. I'm trying to throw a ****** a bone here. I'm poster friendly.

haha thats like the The Pot Calling The Kettle Black...lol

whats so retarded about

"Free ate his man up...so far so good

I also like his ability to adjust quickly to reads"

please do explain my ignorant one

sbk92

Reaction score
haha thats like the The Pot Calling The Kettle Black...lol

whats so retarded about

"Free ate his man up...so far so good

I also like his ability to adjust quickly to reads"

please do explain my ignorant one

I like some of his ability too.

That doesn't equate to a dominant performance where he "ate his man up".

I feel like I'm talking to a child here.

I'm not going to overrate Doug Free to make me feel better about my Cowboys.

Reaction score
Free is solid against Cinci and in retardville it becomes he ate his man up.

I want it to be true, I wish it was true, but it just isn't true. He was solid. In limited playing time. Good for him.

go back and watch game film and especially watch Free like I did and your see what I'm talking about...

your like the media man...if the media says something you run with it lol even if theres visual evidence

call you Jamie Dukes

C

Cr122

I want to see Free more against the Raiders.

Yeah he was solid in the last game, not great.

Our entire offensive line needs to improve, we only had FG's last week, and we couldn't pound it in the end zone.

That shows me that there's an issue there that we have been dealing for sometime now, it's called run blocking. We suck at it.

sbk92

Reaction score
I'll throw it to the board. Did Doug Free physically dominate on Sunday?

I say no. He was good in limited time. Nothing more than that.

Top Bottom