cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
These are my favorite NFL prospects by position right now. Feel free to post your own or critique/praise mine.

Quarterback – Andrew Luck 6’4”/235 Stanford
It’s cliché to say now but he is the best college quarterback prospect I have ever seen and that includes Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning. Whichever franchise lands him gets an immediate game changer. The Cowboys have almost zero chance at landing him but he is too good to not include on my list. He will go #1 overall, no matter which team ends up with the pick.

Runningback – Trent Richardson 5’11”/224 Alabama
I would have been begging for this pick had we not just invested a recent high pick on DeMarco Murray. The kid is a freak in the weight room and will be a workhorse at the next level.

Wide Receiver – Nick Toon 6’2”/220 Wisconsin
Alshon Jeffery and Justin Blackmon are the top 2 guys but I like Toon. I’d really like it if he somehow slipped to the 3rd round and the Cowboys took him.

Tight End – David Paulson 6’3”/242 Oregon
Not a great draft for TE but with the likely departure of Martellus Bennett we may need to look here. Paulson isn’t a superstar but is very solid blocker and receiver.

Offensive Line – Peter Konz (C) 6’5”/315 Wisconsin
Konz was neck-and-neck with Ohio State’s Michael Brewster but Konz has really impressed me in his last 2 games. Either player would solidify the Center position for the Cowboys for the next decade.

Defensive Line – Jesse Williams (NT and DE) 6’4”/320 Alabama
A bit of a sleeper here who may not be come season’s end. He’s a JuCo transfer originally from Australia. He’s strong, surprisingly quick, and a little bit crazy.

Linebacker – Vontaze Burfict (ILB) 6’3”/250 Arizona State
Speaking of crazy. IMO he is exactly the kind of nasty, physical defender our defense needs. He is a bigger, stronger, faster Ray Lewis.

Cornerback – Brandon Boykin 5’10”/183 Georgia
If he was 2 inches talker he’s be a surefire 1st rounder. He still may fly up draft boards once they see what he does at the Combine. One of the better return men in college as well.

Safety – Markelle Martin 6’1”/198 Oklahoma State
I’m undecided between Martin and TJ McDonald but to protect you all from my USC homering I’ll go with Martin. He has great speed (4.47 40) and is not afraid to throw his 198 lbs. around. He would give the Cowboys the first pure Free Safety in years.

Reaction score
As an Ohio State fan I can tell you Brewster is overrated and has shotgun snapping problems now. We dont need that...

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As an Ohio State fan I can tell you Brewster is overrated and has shotgun snapping problems now. We dont need that...

Is that something he developed this year (with the new QB's)? I never noticed it the past 3 years with Terrell Pryor back there.

C

Cr122

Trent Richardson 5’11”/224 Alabama

I'd still draft him. We aren't even sure about the 3 we have.

Although I do blame the offensive line play a little. One play FJ looks great, and on the next he can't do anything.

Choice is okay, but he's not going to be our starter. Murray, who knows. I liked the pick but will he get an opportunity to show anything with the little playing time he receives.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd still draft him. We aren't even sure about the 3 we have.

Although I do blame the offensive line play a little. One play FJ looks great, and on the next he can't do anything.

Choice is okay, but he's not going to be our starter. Murray, who knows. I liked the pick but will he get an opportunity to show anything with the little playing time he receives.

If we were to sign, let's say Chilo Rachal, to play right guard, and then drafted Peter Konz to play center, our RB's will look a lot better.

C

Cr122

If we were to sign, let's say Chilo Rachal, to play right guard, and then drafted Peter Konz to play center, our RB's will look a lot better.

I'd have no problem with that. No one said fixing the line could be done in one off season. We would look a lot better with those two starting.

I like Nagy, but Kosier is just about done after a couple of more years.

I'd love to see our Oline look like this.

Smith, Nagy, Konz, Rachel, Free.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd have no problem with that. No one said fixing the line could be done in one off season. We would look a lot better with those two starting.

As I have stated (too)many times I just don't see Nagy as really being a producive starter. I thinking signing a solid run-blocking guard like Chilo Rachal or Ben Grubbs would let us move Kyle Kosier back to left guard, where he is more effective. Then Nagy and Arkin could battle it out to replace Kosier in 2013.

Reaction score
Is that something he developed this year (with the new QB's)? I never noticed it the past 3 years with Terrell Pryor back there.

Yes, it could be fixed but his run blocking Hasnt that great as of late either.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I'd rather go with Kowalski at Center. I believe that guy could really good for us.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd rather go with Kowalski at Center. I believe that guy could really good for us.

Why? I don't mean this a sarcastic or as a joke, why do you feel Kowalski will be good? I think this fan base falls in love with undrafted no-names too easily. Is it just a faith in our coaching staff thing? The same staff who feels Costa (who I have not been impressed with at all) is better than Kowalski? I never understood the Troy Hambrick love 10 years ago and every year there is a a no name player or two that boardies become infatuated with and now act like they never mentioned said player. What has Kowalksi done that makes you feel he will definitely be good in his 4-week long NFL career? Did you watch him in college?

Again, I am looking for a serious answer.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd take Jeffrey, Blackmon, and Floyd over Toon without hesitation. Floyd is the top WR IMO.

I rank all three of them higher than Toon as far as draft rankings. I just personally like Toon. I'm not suggesting the Cowboys should take Toon over any of them but I also don't think we should spend the draft pick necessary to draft Jeffery (Top 15), Blackmon (Top 15), or Floyd (1st round).

Reaction score
Broyles is electric.

WTF is going on with Dwayne Harris? Hes our first slot WR prospect in a long ass time.

And why are we talking abut WR's, thats been the only thing weve had these past 5 years.

DbAir whats up with Cordy Glenn?

Reaction score
Broyles is electric.

WTF is going on with Dwayne Harris? Hes our first slot WR prospect in a long ass time.

And why are we talking abut WR's, thats been the only thing weve had these past 5 years.

DbAir whats up with Cordy Glenn?

Harris is not what I think of with a slot WR. If he does eventually end up there he needs to run tighter routes. I did not see that in the preseason from him.

Reaction score
Harris will be an effective slot receiver for us. He just needs some polishing. But he has the tools/potential.

Top Bottom