Reaction score
Report: Grossman to start for Redskins
Posted by Mike Florio on September 5, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT

With “none of the above” not an option, the Redskins need to make either John Beck or Rex Grossman the starting quarterback for Week One.

Jason LaCanfora of NFL Network reports that the starter will be Grossman.

Per LaCanfora, the decision was made over the weekend. Some would say it was made before Thursday’s preseason finale, given that Grossman got the night off along with other starters — and that Beck played, along with the scrubs.

It’s surprising that the Redskins didn’t keep the decision closer to the vest, assuming that the decision has indeed been made. Then again, does it really matter if the Giants know who’ll start? They’ll be defending against the Shanahan system, not against a guy like Tom Brady or Tony Romo.

The fact that no one would confuse Beck or Grossman with Brady or Romo makes it a lot easier, too.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think Shanahan's taking the safer route, public relations wise. He probably thinks it'll affect his genius reputation less if Grossman starts out bad and Beck picks it up than if Beck starts and doesn't pan out.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I tell you what. Grossman may start the season but I can almost guarantee that by the third game (Cowboys), Beck will start that game.

Top Bottom