Doctor32

Spectator
Reaction score
This is the official "Sign Brian Waters" Thread.

If the Cowboys believe in young Guards Arkin, Nagy and even Costa, the perfect situation would be a veteran to act as a stop gap on a 1 to 2 year basis. Waters, 34. is still one of the more athletic offensive linemen in the league as he played Tight End and 5-technique Defensive Tackle in college. The Dallas Cowboys originally signed him in 1999 as an undrafted free agent at Full Back. He made it to the final cuts that year. He's from Waxahachie and grew up a Dallas Cowboys fan. It just makes sense.

brian_waters.jpg

Reaction score
Waters is a signing that just makes too much sense to happen.

He'd be a perfect gateway to Arkin in a year or two.

Holland has no value. He's not a strong performer, and he doesn't stay healthy. I don't get our logic.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Im all for it as you know.

I have to wonder if they are just waiting to see how arkin, nagy and costa play in the preseason.

THey have to realize that holland is basically telling them he will never play in every game and does not play with any sort of injury issues.

The only other hang up I can imagine is not wanting to get stuck paying an outside veteran free agent like a waters and having him on the roster during week 1 which would make them required to pay him for the whole season. If signed the tuesday after week 1 you wouldnt be on the hook for a vet FA if they dont pan out or if holland actually is playing well or arkin/nagy/costa are.

There is no way they expect holland to play the RG spot all year. This franchise is not stupid like the stereotype they are always stuck with.

C

Cr122

Waters would be an excellent addition. We don't have a smart enough GM to realize this.

Or is it that Jerry spent too much on his Taj Mahal.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Where do I sign. Questioned the same thing a few posts back.

Let Costa walk and let Nagy concentrate on the backup center position only.

What better player to let Arkin groom under than Waters and also play beside while Smith gets his feet wet.

Montrae can stay where he belongs as a swing guard in case of injury.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Waters must not have alot left in the tank. The Chiefs couldnt wait to get rid of him, and nobody is rushing to sign the guy.

If we signed him and he sucked, most of you would be bashing the team for signing a progress stopper.

Cythim

Reaction score
If we signed him and he sucked we would ask him to go away like we did with dude from St Louis last year. I don't recall bashing Jerry for the trade because I liked it when it happened. Laying that blanket down that we would all hate Jerry for it later is a dumb call by an idiot homer.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No thanks. Way too old. Besides, Owner/GM/Coach/Dr. Jerry said we aren't signing any O lineman.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Where do I sign. Questioned the same thing a few posts back.

Let Costa walk and let Nagy concentrate on the backup center position only.

What better player to let Arkin groom under than Waters and also play beside while Smith gets his feet wet.

Montrae can stay where he belongs as a swing guard in case of injury.

Let Costa walk? He is the guy that looks like a player.

Laufenberg keeps saying that gurode is going to end up at right guard and costa will be the starting center.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Let Costa walk? He is the guy that looks like a player.

Laufenberg keeps saying that gurode is going to end up at right guard and costa will be the starting center.

I've been wondering if that might be something they have in the back of their minds. Costa is reportedly having a very good camp. He may be yet another UDFA we've hit on.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've been wondering if that might be something they have in the back of their minds. Costa is reportedly having a very good camp. He may be yet another UDFA we've hit on.

We're definitely the best team in the UDFA category.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Trust in Jerry. Look at what the line did last year. He knows what's up.

If there's one thing Jerry knows, it's offensive line.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

He gets into alot of scraps with Ratliff. And as a result, Ratliff has taken a liking to Costa and works out with him. Not sure why everybody wants to get rid of Costa. If he pans out, that's one elss position we have to worry about in the draft.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just for a rundown on how much waters fits...

He played for 5 years for al saunders. Al is don coryell guy, just like garrett/zimmer/zampese...etc..

He played for bill muir last year on the line, muir is a gruden guy......garrett has a little gruden offense in the playbook here and there he says....anyway...another reference.

so the offense and the line calls I imagine would be basically essentially what waters has done for years.

and the other thing, with kosier going to right guard to help smith, LG is where waters has played.

Seems like this might fit at some point and richie whitt claims today that a cowboys source has said his name is brought up daily in meetings...

Top Bottom