Reaction score
#CullenJenkins

Talk is cheap. Let them talk. We are focused here and I could care less. We are worried about ourselves n getting better. He must be nervous

Could you care less Cullen? Could you?

Fucking ******.

Reaction score
CullenJenkins Cullen Jenkins by calvinwatkins
Talk is cheap. Let them talk. We are focused here and I could care less. We are worried about ourselves n getting better. He must be nervous

PriscoCBS Pete Prisco by calvinwatkins
I tend to agree with Rob. Eagles getting way too much hype for a few moves. Way too early for that talk.

JPM

Practice Squad
Reaction score
PriscoCBS Pete Prisco by calvinwatkins
I tend to agree with Rob. Eagles getting way too much hype for a few moves. Way too early for that talk.
Oh my God I agree with Prisco. I'm going to drink drain cleaner now.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Good points on why this D needed Rob Ryan

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...ing?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

SAN ANTONIO -- Jason Garrett’s message to the players and coaches is to be humble and brief with the media. At his opening press conference during the winter Rob Ryan tried his best to be both but after awhile he could not hold back.

Ryan was asked a question Monday about Jason Hatcher's return and started a firestorm when he said, “I don't know if we win the all-hype team. That might have gone to someone else, but we're going to beat their ass when we play them."

Ryan never used the words Philadelphia or Eagles in his comment, but we can all infer who he was talking about, right?

Ryan is not afraid to speak his mind. His father, Buddy, wasn’t. His brother, Rex, isn’t either.

For this Cowboys defense, that is a good thing.

The defense was too passive under Wade Phillips. They lost their confidence in 2010 and they suffered through one of the worst seasons in franchise history. If they are offended by that comment, then they need to check out the team’s record book just to see the actual black and white stats.

Part of Ryan’s job is to rebuild the defense from a schematic standpoint by implementing his version of the 3-4 with all of its movement and confusion, but part of it is to rebuild the unit’s confidence, too.

Ryan has been in a difficult spot as a chief recruiter for some of these free agents, like Nnamdi Asomugha. They have an incredibly close relationship and the Cowboys used that to their fullest in attempting to bring Asomugha to town.

When Asomugha went to Philadelphia, Ryan was put in a tough spot of having to coach the players he was looking to possibly replace.

By speaking so confidently on Monday, Ryan has expressed his confidence in them.

Players have loved playing for Ryan wherever he has been because of his skill as a coach, storytelling and brutal honesty. The Cowboys are a week into getting the full Ryan treatment and all of them love what they are hearing.

And all of them will love hearing what Ryan had to say Monday.

For this defense, they needed this injection of energy.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Good points on why this D needed Rob Ryan

Part of Ryan’s job is to rebuild the defense from a schematic standpoint by implementing his version of the 3-4 with all of its movement and confusion
The confusion was there all right. The 1200 page playbook confused and paralyzed the Dallas players.

Can't believe this thread and the hero worship for Fat Rob, who turned out to be pure shit.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The confusion was there all right. The 1200 page playbook confused and paralyzed the Dallas players.

Can't believe this thread and the hero worship for Fat Rob, who turned out to be pure shit.

So the epitome of those who can do, those who cant teach?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

LOL, wtf?

Drunk posting?

And....

#12 - You will not bump old threads for any reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nvm, thought I was at the zone for a second

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I vaguely remember this, but then again I vaguely the remember the weekend.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I vaguely remember this, but then again I vaguely the remember the weekend.

I vaguely remember that despite all the predictions of Fat Rob's schemes confusing Vick and making his head splode, instead Vick sploded on us and the Iggles easily swept us that year.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Big Hair Big Belly wasnt the answer but he's just one in the string of guys that have been sacrificed on the Garrett excuse altar.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Big Hair Big Belly wasnt the answer but he's just one in the string of guys that have been sacrificed on the Garrett excuse altar.

Ryan was/is arguably one of the worst defensive coordinators in league history, so he deserved to get axed.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
But... But...

Fat Rob was gonna confuse 'em. Make their heads spin.

He did, but it was our players.
Remember that Monday nighter against the Giants?
Got three turnovers in the first 20 minutes and got 10 points from the offense.
So Fat Rob's defense then gave up a shit load of points and then we lost.
Never forget the goalline plays where no one in the back 7 knew their assignments.
A few games later Phillip's was gone.
Rob and Jason, great coordinators.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He did, but it was our players.
Remember that Monday nighter against the Giants?
Got three turnovers in the first 20 minutes and got 10 points from the offense.
So Fat Rob's defense then gave up a shit load of points and the we lost.
Never forget the goalline plays where no one in the back 7 knew their assignments.
A few games later Phillip's was gone.
Rob and Jason, great coordinators.
Yep I said as much.

I remember when we hired this fat slob and I just rolled my eyes. His daddy almost choked to death on a pork chop but at least he had a creative albeit gadget scheme that worked for a year. Fatass Rob took a decent albeit mundane scheme and made is so complicated with 1000s of ~if~ conditionals, imagined keys and reads, nobody could grok it not even himself. (Opposing offensive coordinators and quarterbacks could grok it just fine however. The more you overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.) He was more interested in showing the world how smart he was than actually coaching defense. That's his hallmark and he repeated the folly when he want to Nawlins and again at Buffalo where he got himself AND his brother fired.

At all three stops he left the defensive side of the ball in so much disarray it took three full seasons for those teams to get anything resembling a competent defense. Poor ole Buffalo is in their second year of the mess Fat Rob left.

Did anyone really expect a fat slob who couldn't discipline himself enough to moderate his eating habits (he did the stomach stapling thing too but even that didn't work for him) to instill discipline in a defensive unit? C'mon now.

(Did I say I really really hate and detest this fat slob fucktard and always have?)

Top Bottom