superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Or is this just his agent spreading rumors to drive up the price hopefully? I feel like he can't possibly really be on our radar.

Reaction score
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
Continue to hear San Fran, Oakland and NY Jets are the three teams really in the Nnamdi/Cromartie sweepstakes.

Reaction score
I'd be a horrible signing if we were. 14 mil a year for a 30+ cornerback?

No thanks.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Somebody in CZ is claiming Shefter said its down to NYJ and Dallas this morning, but its not on on his blog or on ESPN.com. There's also someone claiming Mortensen said the same thing, but its also not up on ESPN.

Frankly I'd be extremely surprised if we signed him, especially considering the situation at safety and DE.

Reaction score
Somebody in CZ is claiming Shefter said its down to NYJ and Dallas this morning, but its not on on his blog or on ESPN.com. There's also someone claiming Mortensen said the same thing, but its also not up on ESPN.

Frankly I'd be extremely surprised if we signed him, especially considering the situation at safety and DE.

I heard Adam Sheff say that too but who really knows...

Reaction score
espn_nfceast ESPN Blogs NFC East by aknovi
Adam Schefter just said on MIke & Mike that "some people in the league believe that Dallas is lurking in the background" on Nnamdi Asomugha.

Reaction score
I waffle on the idea.

He's an elite talent, you have to give him that. But his age/cost wouldn't make me happy.

I trust if we sign him, that Stephen knows what he's doing.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
espn_nfceast ESPN Blogs NFC East by aknovi
Adam Schefter just said on MIke & Mike that "some people in the league believe that Dallas is lurking in the background" on Nnamdi Asomugha.

I still dont see it. And I assume if they really did sign him, they'd turn around and immediately release Newman. I think they said cutting Newman frees up over 8 million in cap space, which could easily absorb NA's cap charge for this yr.

Reaction score
I think if they didn't goof so many moves these past few years it'd be a done deal by now.

Newman renegotiating should help them. Instead of having to look for a new team he takes less these next couple years and lessens his cap impact now, and in the future should he be cut

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
doesnt seem like we would be. And if I were him I would drive the price on the jets through the roof since it seems they are hellbent on signing him.

Reaction score
I also heard we'll likely move Newman to FS and he'll be teamed up with Huff. PM's are involved. Developing....

Reaction score
Cowboys fans on Twitter are homering out on the idea of Nmandi.

NEWMAN ON ONE SIDE! NMANDIE ON OTHER!!! GITR DONE JRRY!!!!!!!!!111111

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can't wait for this to completely blow up in the Jets face when Revis holds out again next season.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
AlbertBreer Albert Breer
RT @michaelombardi: Just updated Nnamdi situation--49ers telling people they are out..Right now, Dallas and Jets, Ryan brothers battling.

Reaction score
ProFootballWkly Pro Football Weekly
The battle for CB Nnamdi Asomugha has come down to the #Cowboys and #Jets, according to @michaelombardi. Which Ryan brother will prevail?

What. The. Fuck.

Top Bottom