Reaction score
Gerald Sensabaugh on Texans' Shopping List?

Captain_tiny by One.Cool.Customer on Jul 5, 2011 8:00 PM CDT in Dallas Cowboys News

Reports speculate Dallas Cowboys safety Gerald Sensabaugh could join the Texans.

The NFL Network's Jason La Confora is reporting that the Texans may be in the running for Cowboys free agent safety Gerald Sensabaugh. That seems like a move that could make a lot of sense for both Sensabaugh and the Texans.

Sensabaugh is intimately familiar with Wade's 3-4 defense, was brought to Dallas as one of "Wade's Guys" in free agency two years ago, and was one of the better safeties in the league last year, recording three career highs with five interceptions, 10 passes defended and 71 tackles.

In a lock-out shortened season and with limited time to install the new defense in Houston, Sensabaugh could be a big help in teaching the 3-4 defense to the other Texans. And every little bit of help will be welcome for Wade Phillips, who has to overhaul a defense that was even worse than the Cowboys last year. La Confora also reports that the Texans are likely looking to add cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha to their secondary in an effort to get their pass defense under control.

Cowboys fans have perhaps grown a little content in the assumption that the Cowboys would be able to re-sign all their free agents. Sensabaugh might not be one of those that get re-signed, which means the Cowboys are effectively in the market for two free agent safeties.

C

Cr122

Cool. That's great news. Give me two new safeties preferably, Huff and Landry.

Can we afford both, doubt it. Having said that we'll probably go the cheaper route because Jerruh thinks they're on the roster already.

Reaction score
I keep reading that Sensabaugh had 5 interceptions last year.

I can't remember a single one of them.

Plymkr

Reaction score
I still keep Sensy. Two new legit safeties in the back is not gonna happen. So, still in the same spot as last year, even with Huff. Ball was the **** up. If they think Ball can "still" do the job, or someone else on the roster, they are high.

Course, Sensy is looking for the big day I hear. So **** him, let him go. It sucks though. :scared1

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cool. That's great news. Give me two new safeties preferably, Huff and Landry.

Can we afford both, doubt it. Having said that we'll probably go the cheaper route because Jerruh thinks they're on the roster already.

Landry doesnt make enough plays for my liking.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I still keep Sensy. Two new legit safeties in the back is not gonna happen. So, still in the same spot as last year, even with Huff. Ball was the **** up. If they think Ball can "still" do the job, or someone else on the roster, they are high.

Course, Sensy is looking for the big day I hear. So **** him, let him go. It sucks though. :scared1

You do not know that. Gerald is as good as gone, and I will be surprised if Ball is evne on the team. I don't think that AOA is ready yet, and so both Huff and Elam at this point would make sense.

sbk92

Reaction score
I still keep Sensy. Two new legit safeties in the back is not gonna happen

I don't see why it would be any less likely than one new safety and Sensabaugh. You'd still have to sign two UFA safeties.

sbk92

Reaction score
FA is gonna be crazy. Moves are going to be coming one on top of the other. Twitter will explode. NFLN and ESPN will be monitored around the clock.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Shit, I barley remember anything from last season. I drank a lot during our games.

You too? I don't remember hardly anything. I just saw the lowlight of Roy Williams fumbling the game away against New Orleans last night. I had forgotten about it. Probably purposely.

I don't remember much some Sensabaugh at all. Maybe one interception. Our safety's sucked. So **** him.

sbk92

Reaction score
I like the idea of giving the kid Owusu-Ansah a shot rather than bring in two FA contracts.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I like the idea of giving the kid Owusu-Ansah a shot rather than bring in two FA contracts.

If he's ready, I'm all for this.

Thats where this lost offseason really hurts though, he's in that bunch of young guys who could have used all the OTA's/mini camps etc etc.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
If the Texans didn't learn anything from snagging Jacques Reeves out of FA after his forgettable Cowboys days then let'em have it ........

Enjoy Texans Fans

[video=youtube;GrPvyK7Bjj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrPvyK7Bjj0[/video]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If the Texans didn't learn anything from snagging Jacques Reeves out of FA after his forgettable Cowboys days then let'em have it ........

Enjoy Texans Fans

Still one of the most awful playoff plays I have ever seen.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Enjoy Texans Fans

I've never seen such obliviousness from the safety position than after watching Sensy and Ball out there. Terrible.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Enjoy Texans Fans

That play really had me pissed. WTF was that?

Top Bottom