Reaction score
The Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC) has suspended Full Tilt’s licences, requiring the poker room to suspend all operations from the jurisdiction with immediate effect.

The AGCC said in a statement this morning: “The decision to suspend these licenses follows a special investigation prompted by the indictments unsealed by US Attorney General’s Office in the Southern District of New York on 15th April 2011, during which grounds were found to indicate that these licensees and their business associates were operating contrary to Alderney legislation."

More on this as we get it.

Reaction score
I still have about $100 on Full Tilt.

I'd be pissed about losing it, but truth be told, I'da donked it off anyway.

Reaction score
Full Tilt Poker May Reopen Without Alderney Gaming License[ return to main articles page ]
Published on Jun 29th, 2011

In breaking news, the Alderney Gambling Control Commission has suspended the gaming license belonging to Full Tilt Poker. The move essentially ground Full Tilt’s traffic to a complete halt, with PokerScout.com registering its cash game player count at zero as of Wednesday morning around 10:30am ET. A regulatory hearing has been scheduled for July 26th in London to address the situation.

What will happen from here remains to be seen. On TwoPlusTwo, rumors were circulating that Full Tilt Poker could reopen its doors in the near future without a gaming license. One poster quoted a source as saying, “From inside FTP: Site will ‘reopen’ in ‘a few hours’ and ‘operate without a license,’ remove Alderney logos, and change T&C.”

Full Tilt could also seek a license from the Canadian-based Kahnawake Gaming Commission.

The same poster added, however, that operating without a license could be a nightmare for payment processing: “Without a license, VISA, MC, and other payment processors will back out. No banks will want to work with an unlicensed company."

A source close to Full Tilt told PocketFives.com on Wednesday that company officials were “still working on” their next steps. In the interim, the “System Status” icon on Full Tilt’s home page simply reads, “Scheduled maintenance in progress. The system is currently down for maintenance. Please check back soon!”

A press release posted on the Alderney Gambling Control Commission’s website explained the decision to take action against Full Tilt: “The decision to suspend these licenses follows a special investigation prompted by the indictments unsealed by U.S. Attorney General’s Office in the Southern District of New York on 15 April 2011, during which grounds were found to indicate that these licensees and their business associates were operating contrary to Alderney legislation. The nature of the findings necessitated the taking of immediate action in the public interest.”

Full Tilt has not yet issued cashouts to U.S. players, although it reached an agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice to process refunds one week following the Black Friday indictments back on April 15th.

The suspension of Full Tilt’s license means that the world’s second largest online poker room cannot register new players, accept deposits, process withdrawals, or offer online poker. The statement from the Alderney agency fingers Vantage Limited, Oxalic Limited, Filco Limited, and Orinic Limited, “who collectively trade as Full Tilt Poker.”

Another poster on TwoPlusTwo pasted an e-mail he received from Moneybookers addressing the Full Tilt situation: “As a Moneybookers customer, you already know you are the most important part of our business. We always make sure you receive the safest service. For this reason, we have stopped accepting deposits made to Full Tilt Poker. There are extraordinary circumstances behind this situation that are beyond our control. We will not comment on these, just take appropriate action that protects our customers.”

Also surfacing on TwoPlusTwo was a rumor that a Full Tilt Poker employee purportedly identified June 29th as the date on which Full Tilt Poker would effectively be shut down. In a thread about Lock Poker pro Jose “Girah” Macedo, one TwoPlusTwo user wrote, “Just seen something really, really interesting in another thread. There was some guy who posted soon after Black Friday saying he was a FTP employee and said FTP was about to go down - and apparently even said it would be on 29th June when it would happen!”

A source close to Full Tilt Poker told PocketFives.com that an e-mail update is forthcoming.

Meanwhile, over on Twitter, Full Tilt pro Tom Dwan (pictured) has been fielding questions from concerned Full Tilt Poker players. Just before signing off for the night, Dwan Tweeted, “Just heard some rly good news that I'd love to trust, gonna go to sleep instead of making my head explode w/ various extrapolations.”

Dwan added, “Some pretty objective ppl whose opinions I respect are worried now that FT can't pay out or find a buyer. Me too more I think about it.”

Around 11:00am ET, Dwan explained, “I'll try to Tweet my take on the situation in a few hours when I wake up- which'll be more educated and hopefully contain more good news.”

We’ll keep you posted on the latest on Full Tilt Poker’s license suspension.

Reaction score
AGCC Announce Hearing for Full Tilt Poker Licence Application
By: Phil / April 19, 2012

The Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC) has revealed details of a public hearing that will be held early next month into the application made by Full Tilt Poker company Orinic Limited for a new licence.

The Full Tilt subsidiary applied for the licence recently and now the AGCC have responded by setting up a hearing that will allow for oral submissions at the Braye Beach Hotel in Alderney on Thursday, May 3, at 14:00 local time.

While this might not seem too significant in itself, this licence application could well herald Full Tilt’s return to the online poker scene, particularly following so soon after the recent reports that the Dublin-based Pocket Kings Limited – the marketing and technology division of the beleaguered poker room – had placed adverts for jobs on Irish employment website jobs.ie.

As everyone must know by now, the US Department of Justice (DoJ) shut down numerous poker sites – including Absolute Poker, PokerStars and Full Tilt – when money laundering allegations, bank fraud and illegal gambling came to light on Black Friday – or April 15 – last year.

Orinic Limited Licence Was Only Suspended
Orinic was, of course, caught up in the troubles surrounding Full Tilt and had their licence suspended – but not revoked as they were not trading at that point – by the AGCC at the same time as the commission withdrew Full Tilt’s licences last year.

Could this be good news for Full Tilt’s frustrated customers? Let’s hope so as it is believed that as much as $440 million is still owed to them. Certainly, it does appear to be a step in the right direction, particularly when Groupe Bernard Tapie (GBT) seem to be so close to completing the deal with the DoJ.

The full public hearing announcement from the AGCC stated: “In the matter of an application by Orinic Limited for a Category 2 eGambling licence, TAKE NOTICE that the Alderney Gambling Control Commission, pursuant to Section 4 of the Alderney eGambling Ordinance, 2009 and Regulation 23 of the Alderney eGambling Regulations, 2009, will hold a public hearing at which oral representations may be made.
“This hearing will take place at 2.00pm on Thursday 3rd May, 2012 at the Braye Beach Hotel, Alderney.”

Top Bottom