Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys , once known as America’s Team, has gone a long way in the opposite direction as an organization. They are no longer among the elite teams of the NFL. In fact, they’re barely better than average.

At least, that’s according to Fox Sports writer Adam Schein, who ranked the 32 NFL organizations based on six categories: owner, quarterback, head coach, front office, coaching staff and intangibles; each category is worth a maximum of 10 points.

The Cowboys scored a 37 out of a possible 60, which actually landed them in a three-way tie with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Chicago Bears. Here’s what their scores were for the six categories:

Owner: 8

Quarterback: 7

Coach: 4

Front office: 4

Coaching staff: 5

Intangibles: 9

Schein finishes by saying, “The Cowboys’ new stadium is epic. Jerry Jones is the owner is a marketing genius. Jerry Jones the general manager is a borderline failure.”

The top four organizations were separated by a total of 1.5 points. The Super Bowl winners, the Green Bay Packers, took the top spot, overthrowing the New England Patriots with a final score of 56. The New Orleans Saints came in second with 55.5. The Pittsburgh Steelers, who lost to the Packers in the Super Bowl, were third with 55. And the Patriots rounded out the top four with a 54.5.

Of the NFC East teams, the Philadelphia Eagles were ranked the highest at No. 5 with a score of 53.5. The New York Giants followed behind closely with 50 points, which was good for No. 7. The Washington Redskins was the only team lower than the Cowboys; they were No. 22 with a score of 29.5.

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys , once known as America’s Team, has gone a long way in the opposite direction as an organization. They are no longer among the elite teams of the NFL. In fact, they’re barely better than average.

At least, that’s according to Fox Sports writer Adam Schein, who ranked the 32 NFL organizations based on six categories: owner, quarterback, head coach, front office, coaching staff and intangibles; each category is worth a maximum of 10 points.

The Cowboys scored a 37 out of a possible 60, which actually landed them in a three-way tie with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Chicago Bears. Here’s what their scores were for the six categories:

Owner: 8

Quarterback: 7

Coach: 4

Front office: 4

Coaching staff: 5

Intangibles: 9

Schein finishes by saying, “The Cowboys’ new stadium is epic. Jerry Jones is the owner is a marketing genius. Jerry Jones the general manager is a borderline failure.”

The top four organizations were separated by a total of 1.5 points. The Super Bowl winners, the Green Bay Packers, took the top spot, overthrowing the New England Patriots with a final score of 56. The New Orleans Saints came in second with 55.5. The Pittsburgh Steelers, who lost to the Packers in the Super Bowl, were third with 55. And the Patriots rounded out the top four with a 54.5.

Of the NFC East teams, the Philadelphia Eagles were ranked the highest at No. 5 with a score of 53.5. The New York Giants followed behind closely with 50 points, which was good for No. 7. The Washington Redskins was the only team lower than the Cowboys; they were No. 22 with a score of 29.5.
Wow...Everybody has an opinion. But 1 playoff win in 16 years is pretty bad. I just hope our GM get's it together quick. Go Boys..!

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
what will we ever do. Maybe we should pray the lockout stays so that we dont go 0-16. I mean if adam schein in his giants jammies in syracuse thinks we are not good and have a bad coach we must be destined to fail!

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
what will we ever do. Maybe we should pray the lockout stays so that we dont go 0-16. I mean if adam schein in his giants jammies in syracuse thinks we are not good and have a bad coach we must be destined to fail!
hzU02.gif

Reaction score
When you are given the reigns and continually drop them at the end of every season? The Lebron of the NFL with less talent.

You don't think having an offensive line or reliable run game would help Romo?

Reaction score
How many pro-bowlers does he need to stop the excuses? Going on 5 years now.

Pro Bowls are largely a joke. Players get in on reputation/popularity.

Have you watched games the past few years? Are you of the opinion that our offensive line is good?

Zrinkill

Spectator
Reaction score
Pro Bowls are largely a joke. Players get in on reputation/popularity.

Have you watched games the past few years? Are you of the opinion that our offensive line is good?

I think they are average to above average, and great quarterbacks should be able to win with that.

Some of his biggest playoff blunders were without being touched.

Reaction score
I think they are average to above average, and great quarterbacks should be able to win with that.

Then I'd question why you have such low standards for your offensive line, while having such high standards for your QB.

He was getting mauled in the Minnesota game.

The offensive line wasn't holding up against the Giants either. Especially in the 2nd half. Romo threw what should have been a touchdown to Crayton on third down, had Crayton not stopped on his route. On fourth down, we called the wrong play.

We were expecting an all out blitz, and had max-protect with only two guys (Glenn, Owens) running routes. The Giants only rushed four and dropped 7 in coverage. There was no place to throw the ball.

And against Seattle, he, as a quarterback, drove the team down the field to kick a field goal. The ball was so slick (watch a replay - have you ever seen such a shiny ball?) that the NFL made a rule change the following off season.

I really don't get Romo bashers. We're lucky to have him.

Zrinkill

Spectator
Reaction score
Then I'd question why you have such low standards for your offensive line, while having such high standards for your QB.

I would question the reverse for you.

How many 1-3rd round o-linemen does he need to not fumble the ball or throw and interception?

Reaction score
I would question the reverse for you.

How many 1-3rd round o-linemen does he need to not fumble the ball or throw and interception?

It doesn't matter what round an Oline is taken. It matters how they play. And our line play the past few years has been sub-par.

If you don't see that, then nothing I say will change your perspective.

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score

While Romo does have his flaws, I believe Jerry Jones is the one constant in the 16 year drought.

I know he want's to win badly, but he want's to win his way and that is what i believe is keeping the boys' from reaching the next level. Jerry has proven to be very stubborn by holding on to coaches to long (Wade) and players (Barber,Newman etc..) by giving huge contracts after one solid season.

Jones should really take a page from another owner in Dallas and let the best football people run the operation and sit back and do what he's good at making MONEY, because judging by his draft history 2009 being a prime example and questionable picks this year due to injury concerns (Murray,Carter) i don't see him ever *succeeding* as a *GM*.

Top Bottom