sdogo

Reaction score
I had a chance to speak to one of the Cowboys scouts regarding the reported interest in the top 2 QB's in this class.

He was very adamant that the Cowboys all agree from the top down that with the opportunity they are presented this year that they have to take advantage of the situation not only going into this year but 10-15 years down the road.

He said, "you dont want to wait till your a poor team and need a QB before your in the position of taking one"

He made clear everything they are doing in an effort to decide if either of these guys are the type of franchise QB's that can take you into the future. He questioned to why in the world would you risk passing on that guy at any point.

He stated to the man the Cowboys know they blew it last year but it presents them with a unique opportunity right now.

I attempted to put him on the spot, I expected him to scoot the issue. I asked him straight up, could either of these guys be the pick at #9.

He fired right back, "once the process is complete, if we feel either of these guys can be the face of the Dallas Cowboys and take this team into the next century we wont hesitate. This is not a game for us, we are not putting on a poker face. We are looking for a franchise QB. We look for a franchise QB every year. We have not been presented with this kind of opportunity sinse 2003. We must take advantage of it"

C

Cr122

Oh God I hope it isn't Cam Newton.

Jerruh thought Quinthy was a franchise QB, look where that got us.

C

Cr122

I can see where a QB would come in play for us in the top ten, but I'm more concerned with other areas of need.

Now if BPA is QB then we either draft one or trade out.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it. I dont think we're drafting a QB.

If we WERE going to draft a QB and Ryan Mallett was there with our 2nd rd pick (and I dont think he would be) that might be a possibility.

Top Bottom