sbk92

Reaction score
Taylor: Why 'going Hollywood' had nothing to do with Miles Austin's dropoff in production; don't call Austin, other Cowboys 'fat'

Columnist Jean-Jacques Taylor answered your questions in his weekly e-mail newsletter - Inside the Dallas Cowboys. Here are some highlights.

Ben Franks asks ... It appears to me that the Cowboys are fat, including Miles Austin, and out of shape. They are done in the fourth quarter.

TAYLOR: I'm not really sure why you would say that about Miles Austin, who's probably the fittest player on the Cowboys. He's in such good shape that was a cover boy for Muscle & Fitness just a couple of months ago. The Cowboys' fourth-quarter woes have much more to do with making dumb mistakes and failing to make plays than being out of shape.

Emil Calomino, Kingston, Pa., asks ... With respect to Miles Austin, I think he's a good guy and I like him a lot. I feel some of his issues with concentration this season had to do with his personal life. Miles went a little "Hollywood" on us if you will. I do not think relationships with high-profile women such as Kim Kardashian , Jessica Simpson et al. are good for people who are already high profile themselves and need to concentrate on a very difficult job.

I believe we'll see Miles Austin, circa 2009, next season. The kid has all the ability in the world, he just needs to realize that he is now considered a team leader not just some feel-good story.

TAYLOR: I couldn't disagree more strongly. His girlfriend didn't have anything to do with his performance any more than Jessica Simpson affected Romo. Rich guys hang out with rich women. The only players who don't are usually the guys who marry their college sweethearts or women they became involved with before they signed big-money deals. Miles revealed his biggest problem last week when he talked about not being able to put bad plays him, which led to concentration lapses. I think he also struggled because he drew the full attention of defenses and defensive coordinators this season, something that didn't happen last season.

sbk92

Reaction score
TAYLOR: I couldn't disagree more strongly. His girlfriend didn't have anything to do with his performance any more than Jessica Simpson affected Romo. Rich guys hang out with rich women. The only players who don't are usually the guys who marry their college sweethearts or women they became involved with before they signed big-money deals. Miles revealed his biggest problem last week when he talked about not being able to put bad plays him, which led to concentration lapses. I think he also struggled because he drew the full attention of defenses and defensive coordinators this season, something that didn't happen last season.

The fat frenchman stumbled upon a truth at the end.

True #1 wideouts don't struggle when they are gameplanned against.

Dez Bryant won't.

Top Bottom