Reaction score
Romo's collarbone still broken

By Calvin Watkins
ESPNDallas.com

IRVING -- X-rays on Tony Romo's broken left collarbone show that it's still fractured, and the Cowboys starting quarterback remains at least three weeks away from returning, a source told ESPNDallas.com on Monday.

Romo underwent X-rays Monday morning to see how the injury to his non-throwing arm is healing.

Romo was injured on Oct. 25 in a loss to the New York Giants at Cowboys Stadium when he took a shot on his shoulder by blitzing linebacker Michael Boley.

Romo has been out about four weeks and doctors have told him it takes six to eight weeks for the collarbone to show any real healing. Romo isn't wearing a sling on a regular basis and he made some throws before Sunday's game vs. the Detroit Lions.

The Cowboys are hopeful Romo can return at some point in December, but until then Jon Kitna, 2-2 since replacing Romo, is the starter. Kitna has won his last two ballgames with an efficient brand of football. Against the Lions, Kitna threw for just 147 yards but had three touchdown passes and a quarterback rating of 129.7. The previous week, Kitna attempted just 22 passes but threw for 277 yards and three touchdowns in a road victory over the Giants.

Reaction score
Evaluate where we are in three weeks.

We only need to bring him back if there is a shot at the playoffs. Otherwise, he should remain on IR.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Play him....I need him for FFL playoffs damnit.

I was just saying because Midswat stated that Romo should remain on IR. Romo is not on IR. If so, all of this would be moot. A player cannot be removed from IR once they are placed on it.

Reaction score
Everyone knows what the IR rules are.

Just like everyone knows what I meant.

I'm just suprised LL didn't accuse me of being a Redskins troll.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Romo shouldn't play another down until the beginning of next season IMO. Kitna is winning so stick with that.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score

lol

He blasted Phil the other day. It was funny. Mostly cause Phil took it in stride and asked him to "please don't beat me up".

Reaction score

I knew there was something about you !!!!!​

FATredskinsFAN.jpg

Top Bottom