Reaction score
The below was posted by SDogo over at CZ.com.

I know a lot of people like to claim they have inside sources on the interwebs . . . but I've been reading SDogo's posts for a long time, and he's either got legit sources, or he's psychic.

Either way . . .

I recently got off the phone with a VERY legit source who stated that there is almost NO CHANCE Jerry makes a mid season change at HC and he stated some very good reasons for it. He did however state that Jerry has hinted at some structural changes with the current staff.

First the reason for not making a wholesale change.

#1 Jerry simply does not believe in it.

#2 The current state of the CBA

#3 The Romo injury. My source says with out the Romo injury there was a 50/50 chance with a continued demise of this team Jones would of made a change but with Romo out there is no reason to subject a new coach to the criticism and circus that would surround this team if it continued to lose under new leadership. It's basically a no win situation for either the Cowboys or the new coach. Dallas would risk the new coach being unfairly labeled and criticized while trying to turn around a team with out a QB.

On a side note, I'm told Jerry absolutely already has a short list of 3 candidates, none of which are current college coaches that he his keeping very guarded although with the great work of another poster here and some follow up on my part I can name one of them with 99% certainty BUT I apologize, we are sworn to secrecy.

As far as the structural change among the current staff. I'm told Jerry will slowly begin to give more responsibility to Jason Garrett is what was explained to me as a on the job tryout with out actually firing Phillips for Jason Garrett. How much control will swap hands and over exactly what is unknown but it's a development to keep an eye on.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I didnt really expect he would change, if he was going to he'd have already done it.

Its also another reason I dont think Garrett's a shoo-in any longer for HC, if he were Jones definitely would have canned Wade and just promoted JG now, there's be no reason to wait.

Reaction score
Its also another reason I dont think Garrett's a shoo-in any longer for HC, if he were Jones definitely would have canned Wade and just promoted JG now, there's be no reason to wait.

I think the fact that Wade runs the defense would lead to hesitation from Jerry to fire him right now. Is there an assistant you trust enough to run the defense?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think the fact that Wade runs the defense would lead to hesitation from Jerry to fire him right now. Is there an assistant you trust enough to run the defense?

I think the better question is based on what we've seen this yr, is there anybody on the staff that couldnt do at least as good as Wade is doing now calling plays?

Even though Campo isnt a 3-4 guru, he has been a longtime DC. The playbook is in place, he just has to call the plays. I think either he or Herring would be adequate.

Reaction score
I think the better question is based on what we've seen this yr, is there anybody on the staff that couldnt do at least as good as Wade is doing now calling plays?

Even though Campo isnt a 3-4 guru, he has been a longtime DC. The playbook is in place, he just has to call the plays. I think either he or Herring would be adequate.

Very good points. Our defense has been uninspiring this year, so no . . . I don't think there is anyone on the coaching staff who would be worse.

I've been on board with firing Wade since 1-3.

C

Cr122

Until this CBA is resolved, and the season is over it's going to be all speculation and rumors.

It's a scary situation about the future of the NFL and our coaching situation.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm just not going to worry about the CBA because it's pointless. There is not one thing I can do about it.

If they want to lose fans like baseball did then by all means be a bunch of dicks.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I shat on bobby sacamany!!!

Yes, this is my first post. I just wanted it documented.

Top Bottom