theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'd look hard at this guy. Liked him coming out in the draft and slipped to the 5th round. He was a steal there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sadly a couple more HOF careers to be wasted: Smith, Martin, maybe Fred if he comes back, Sean Lee was HOF worthy in stretches but hurt too often.

And when they are gone, we'll hear that drunken dumbass lament it like he did Romo and Witten "I should have done more to get these guys into championship games"

Except he doesn't do more, which would include getting this team the best possible coaches.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd look hard at this guy. Liked him coming out in the draft and slipped to the 5th round. He was a steal there.

They are saying locally he is pretty much their top priority. I doubt he hits the market.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Except he doesn't do more, which would include getting this team the best possible coaches.
Which, is the most basic and most important thing. And also isn't subject to salary cap restrictions.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Now you have a thread at RetardZone suggesting we trade Tyron Smith for a 1st rd pick and use Cam Fleming at LT.

I swear, if those fucktards ran this team we'd be 100% guaranteed to pick #1 overall EVERY FUCKING YEAR.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Now you have a thread at RetardZone suggesting we trade Tyron Smith for a 1st rd pick and use Cam Fleming at LT.

I swear, if those fucktards ran this team we'd be 100% guaranteed to pick #1 overall EVERY FUCKING YEAR.

They think just like Jerry minus having some football people around to have a little influence.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dumbass Zoner- "Hey lets trade such and such player that I think is overrated and sux now for a 1st rd pick"

Someone with a brain- "If he sux, why would a team trade a 1st rd pick for him?"

Dumbass Zoner- "He's definitely worth a 1st rd pick"

Someone with a brain- "If he's definitely worth a 1st rd pick, is young, and plays a position we have no replacement for, why would we want to trade him?"

Dumbass Zoner- "huh?"

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
You wouldn't get a first for Smith and Fleming is marginally better than Green.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You wouldn't get a first for Smith and Fleming is marginally better than Green.

They'd definitely get a 1st for Tyron Smith, unless he cant pass a physical (which I don't think is the case)

He's still young and he is one of the premier players in the league at his position.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Thought Stevie claimed yesterday they hadn't had any discussions on coaches, but today Colombo gets a new deal.

One thing that is sort of interesting, he only got a 1yr deal.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Following players signed to futures contracts.

JORDAN CHUNN - RB
JAKE CAMPOS - OL
KYLE QUEIRO - DB
CODY WICHMANN - G
AZIZ SHITTU - DL
DONOVAN OLUMBA - CB
TRESTON DECOUD - SAFETY

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Calvin Watkins dropping a name as potential OC or QB coach:

Calvin Watkins
2h ago

@jose G. In terms of whose available, it's hard to say. But if u want someone to maybe help Prescott, how about Scott Turner, the QB coach in Carolina. Yes, his dad is Norv Turner. Scott has done wonders with his dad with Cam Newton. I'm sure Scott knows the timing based offense the Cowboys use, since it's what Norv used when Garrett was the backup QB in the 1990s.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Meet the new season, same as the old season.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This by itself tells you nothing changes in the foreseeable future. What HC or OC worth a shit is going to have assistants rammed down their throat.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Goodby Vanilla Ice.

I am certain that each and every corporate chairman, board of directors, CEO and all the way down to the shareholders, would LOVE to be able to get away with using Jerry's Dallas Cowboys business model. One where your revenue, profit and bottom line are completely isolated from, and totally immune from the quality of the product produced.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This by itself tells you nothing changes in the foreseeable future. What HC or OC worth a shit is going to have assistants rammed down their throat.

Archer claimed it was only a deal to be the OL coach for 2019.

Wonder which one is right.

Top Bottom