dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
From DC.com

I honestly don’t know what’s going to happen with this coaching staff in the offseason. Change is always a possibility. Even teams that have some success will change their staff when other coaches become available. I believe Jason Garrett will make some changes to this staff. Garrett has already proven that he’s not afraid to make a change, like he did midseason with Paul Alexander and Marc Columbo. If I had to make a guess, it won’t be just one or two guys. I hear the rumblings in the building, so I will patiently wait -- but I have a feeling things will happen more sooner than later. Next Monday we head to the Senior Bowl where the majority of NFL coaches will be. It would not shock me one bit to hear of Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett meeting with prospective coaches -- so stay tuned.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I didn't think we were off balance, they just found a weakness in our scheme and exploited in for the entire 60 mins.

They had to be thinking we'd adjust and get out of the nickel defense on every down at some point, but we never did. It was really a pathetic job by Richard and Marinelli.

McVays sending players in motion supposedly stupified the young LBs

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
McVays sending players in motion supposedly stupified the young LBs

Isnt it up to the coaches at some point to intervene then?

By the way, I am pretty sure the Rams used a ton of motion all year. It isn't like it was invented for this game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Play of the game right here.

Seems like a quality OC/playcaller would have noticed we were getting stuffed routinely at that point and after 2 other 4th down plays Zeke converted, maybe it was time to do something a little different.

As one of the other Cowboy writers noticed, Looney and Williams struggled the entire game and got pushed around badly, so what do we do on a 4th and 1 play we HAD to make? Run Zeke right into that hole.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Rams drives vs Cowboys defense last two seasons:

21 drives. Four were end of half/end of game.

The other 17 drives: 10 field goals, 5 touchdowns, two punts, no turnovers

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I don't think we would have won anyway, but there were 3 or 4 plays that I think changed the game quite a bit:

1) The pretty ticky hands to the face call on Byron Jones, negating what would have been a punting situation, instead the Rams got a cheap 1st down on 3rd and 14 and scored a TD a few plays later.

2) Not completing that gimmee first down to Gallup on the final possession of the 1st half. We'd have easily been in FG range and Gallup might have even come close to scoring a TD himself.

3) The subsequent ridiculous sack ruling on the play Prescott got tangled up with Lael Collins.

3) The horrendous 4th and 1 play-call that resulted in Elliott getting stuffed to start the 4th quarter. It was still a game at 23-15 and we were driving.

4) The pretty obvious holding call that was ignored on Taco Charlton on the Rams 4th and goal TD to make it 30-15.
Even on the play down to the one that McVay challenged, they spotted the ball on the 2! It looked like a TD, I could see the 1, but the 2?? It's like they just threw it down somewhere in the vicinity of the goal line.

Officiating IN GENERAL has been pretty bad this year. The scab officials did a better job.

I think the defense just got tired. They didn't get wk 17 off and played a very emotional game against a very physical team last week. Let's regroup, find a good TE and DT in the 2nd & 3rd rd (Why are Rico Gathers and David Irving still on this team?) and try again next year.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep. I told myself that if we picked up the first we had a great shot at a comeback, but if we got stuffed the game was over.

Yep even as bad as they had been dominated game was still in doubt at that point and the Cowboys actually had momentum. All the air came on that stuff and I think 11 Rams were in on the tackle. Wonder if they knew what was coming.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Seems like a quality OC/playcaller would have noticed we were getting stuffed routinely
Play I would like to have seen there was fake dive by Zeke into the line and Dak bootlegs with an option for the pop pass if somebody was open.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dbair you forgot the ugly play of the game where Dak actually hit good old Rico Gathhers right in the hands at 5 yards and he dropped it. I've seen enough of that experiment.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Why does Marinelli only deserve blame? It's Richard's defense and he calls the plays.

But the offense was bad too. Garrett and especially Linehan deserve a ton of blame.

I’m not saying only Marinelli deserves blame. I’m saying he is the first one that’s going to be thrown under the bus and used as a scapegoat

There is plenty of blame to go around. Everyone gets their fare share

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
man, this fucking loss still stings. How the fuck did we get manhandled at the line of scrimmage (on offense and defense)
like that. Embarrassing.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The worst part of this loss is the news that they plan on extending Garrett that came out yesterday morning

So now we KNOW that we will have at least 5 more years of this shit

Before I heard the news that they are planning on extending Garrett I could at least look at it as a consolation prize which would have made this loss much more tolerable. But now this loss feels like a gut punch followed by the news of Garrett being extended as a kick in the nuts. So today is twice as bad as it should be

We should be rejoicing this morning in the news that Garrett got fired.

Fuck you Jerry for ruining this team we all loved

Top Bottom