bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
the crazy thing is that they picked up two first downs at the end of the game by running the ball and we were looking for the run every time. when you know it's coming and still can't stop it, that's utterly demoralizing. I wonder what Richard was saying when he was chewing out LVE and Lee :lol

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think i found a winner for the 2019-20 dallas cowboys motivational quote poster/t-shirt/coffee mugs:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Preview of defensive weapon from LSU hidden on the PS all year

Here is a tweet about said player being happy about beating chaz green (hes still waiting on his opportunity folks!)

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys coaching staff is incapable of making adjustments if their game plan isn't working. Punch them in the mouth and they are done.
Every. Fucking. Time.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
David Helman‏ @HelmanDC 10 hours ago

a heartbreaking quote from Tyrone Crawford, asked about a playoff loss:

“It’s just as difficult as I remember.”

Tyrone is one of just a handful of guys who has been on the field for all three divisional losses under Jason Garrett #cowboyswire

Good. It should suck. You should feel like crap, hate how this season ended and want better.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dlaw did nothing, not even against the run. If you're gonna talk the talk then not walk the walk, you need a gallon of shut the fuck up juice. He needs to check his dicktrap in the future.

Give credit tot he Rams staff, they gameplanned the shit out of him to ensure he had no impact. They ran a horde of different combo blocks, double teams, all sorts of 1 guy on him with chippers.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys coaching staff is incapable of making adjustments if their game plan isn't working. Punch them in the mouth and they are done.
Every. Fucking. Time.

Yep. Richard showed last night why I didn't care one way or anther if he stayed. Not one change in how they played defense the entire game, despite the Rams doing the same thing virtually every series and every play. We stayed in that nickel/6 man front the entire game and got taken to the woodshed.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think i found a winner for the 2019-20 dallas cowboys motivational quote poster/t-shirt/coffee mugs:

He's 100% wrong. A good defense COULD have won that game last night.

We played HORRIBLE defense, and that's the main reason we lost.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
the crazy thing is that they picked up two first downs at the end of the game by running the ball and we were looking for the run every time. when you know it's coming and still can't stop it, that's utterly demoralizing. I wonder what Richard was saying when he was chewing out LVE and Lee :lol

LVE and Lee should have chewed him out, for running the same damn defensive formation virtually the entire game, along with no shred of adjustments as the game wore on.

I could almost 100% guarantee Rams coaches were in disbelief after the game at how their incredibly simple game-plan worked to perfection for the entire 60 mins.

And whomever signed off on Lee being on the field that much for LVE/Jaylon should fucking off himself. Someone noted LVE was not on the field for the final series. I'm too lazy to check, but if so what an epic level of fucktardism.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We rode our defense all the way to the divisional round, yet when we needed them most it’s like they never even got on the plane to L.A.

We allowed 273 yards rushing tonight. We have gone 3 or maybe even 4 games in a row this season and still not allowed that many total rushing yards.

The clock is ticking....
How long until the bell tolls for Marinelli? He’s already being thrown under the bus tonight

Why does Marinelli only deserve blame? It's Richard's defense and he calls the plays.

But the offense was bad too. Garrett and especially Linehan deserve a ton of blame.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes. Go ahead and hire another scapegoat-in-waiting. The fans are as stupid as the owner and HC. I have no problem with getting rid of Linehan, but what's the point?

Cowboy writers are already floating the new OC is likely to come from within the current staff, and Doug Nussmeier is the person they think is getting the job.

I actually like Nussmeier but he isn't what we need here right now. They need wholesale scheme and philosophy changes, and I doubt Red Plague would let Nussmeier implement whatever he thinks is right.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I would have loved to see what the hell he was going to say when a reporter asked him about extending Garrett. Just to see him backpedal and try to work his way out of answering the question honestly

I guarantee you that's why he didn't face the media last night. Not that the Dallas media is hard anyway, but someone was bound to ask him about the pregame reports and then also question how a team could look THAT bad defensively for 60 minutes.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
2 playoff games. 0 forced turnovers and 1 sack in those two games. Only 2 total tackles for loss last night on 76 Rams offensive plays.

Reaction score
Now that I am back to being Bruce Banner after a night of being the Hulk in my nerd rage over the game, it is clear that we reached the post Jimmy's team ceiling. We just cannot seem to go higher than this.

The Rams have now lapped us twice the last 18 years, as have many other teams.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think we would have won anyway, but there were 3 or 4 plays that I think changed the game quite a bit:

1) The pretty ticky hands to the face call on Byron Jones, negating what would have been a punting situation, instead the Rams got a cheap 1st down on 3rd and 14 and scored a TD a few plays later.

2) Not completing that gimmee first down to Gallup on the final possession of the 1st half. We'd have easily been in FG range and Gallup might have even come close to scoring a TD himself.

3) The subsequent ridiculous sack ruling on the play Prescott got tangled up with Lael Collins.

4) The horrendous 4th and 1 play-call that resulted in Elliott getting stuffed to start the 4th quarter. It was still a game at 23-15 and we were driving.

5) The pretty obvious holding call that was ignored on Taco Charlton on the Rams 4th and goal TD to make it 30-15.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Now that I am back to being Bruce Banner after a night of being the Hulk in my nerd rage over the game, it is clear that we reached the post Jimmy's team ceiling. We just cannot seem to go higher than this.

The Rams have now lapped us twice the last 18 years, as have many other teams.

No doubt we will be lapped again too.

We are just incapable of winning these types of games. And just like the bad loss at home vs Green Bay in 2016, you can point the finger directly at awful coaching as the main culprit here. Bad game plan and virtually no in game adjustments, again.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought this game boiled to two things which of course are inter related. 1) McVay call a masterful game and showed the value of play calling had the Cowboys defense off balance all night. 2) which lead to the Cowboys defense not being able to get off the field all night on 3rd downs almost 50%. Rendered the strength of the team (young LBers) inefective. Safety paly was terrible all night.

I didn't think we were off balance, they just found a weakness in our scheme and exploited in for the entire 60 mins.

They had to be thinking we'd adjust and get out of the nickel defense on every down at some point, but we never did. It was really a pathetic job by Richard and Marinelli.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I dont see it in Dak. Goff who is OK was hitting receivers in stride whereas Dak all too often was making receivers contort their body to bring in catches. His only throw that impressed me was the 40 yarder to Gallup.

Goff wasn't overly impressive last night. He made a few good throws, but I didn't see anything eye opening from him. His best play of the game was the run play to ice the game at the end.

Prescott had his usual 3 or 4 bad throws but he played a pretty good game otherwise.

Top Bottom