Jason Carrot to become new GM? (Rumor) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jason Carrot to become new GM? (Rumor)

1. Back To Top    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    Jerry giving up power?

But it would be just like him to replace a fake GM with another guy with no experience.
    And then passing up the one guy in the organization that other teams believe IS qualified for the GM spot too.

I really don't see anyway this happens, hence why I said it was almost assuredly b/s
    This needs to be the final season of Garrett & his staff. The greatest coaches on the planet should be candidates to lead the best org in sports. The days of teams blowing the Cowboys’ doors off in halftime adjustments needs to end. Time for change, new direction and a new voice
    — Ben Rogers (@BenRogers) November 20, 2017

2. Back To Top    #17
    maybe this is just a way of jerry storing garrett in a closet until jerry needs to harvest his veal-like, tender, ginger organs

jerry is getting pretty old

3. Back To Top    #18

4. Appreciation Doomsday, TheZoneSucks, icup appreciated this post
  5. Back To Top    #19
    No way I can see this happening. Not only would Jerry not do it, I doubt Garrett would go for it either. He likes being a coach where he can clap and slap butts and take the troops on field trips. Gratuitous overcussing and spitting doesn't really work in the GM office, either.

In any event, you've accomplished the near impossible......to have a thread closed/locked on DCU.

6. lulz NoMoRedJ, yimyammer lulz'd this
  7. Back To Top    #20
    Ian Rappaport just now on NFL Network...

Once their season is over, look for everyone to sit down and work out a lucrative long term deal for Jason Garrett to remain as head coach.

And...very good chance Kris Richard will officially be def coord next year.
    My avatar is my Cocker Spaniel pup named COWBOY. This always happens to him after he watches the first half of Jason Garrett's offensive game plan.

8. Back To Top    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree89 View Post
    Ian Rappaport just now on NFL Network...

Once their season is over, look for everyone to sit down and work out a lucrative long term deal for Jason Garrett to remain as head coach.

And...very good chance Kris Richard will officially be def coord next year.
    I like Stasheroo's scenario a lot better.

9. Back To Top    #22

10. Back To Top    #23

Jason Carrot to become new GM? (Rumor)

Well fuck me!

Cowboys planning on extension for Jason Garrett

Jason Garrett will be back in the saddle for the Dallas Cowboys for a longtime to come.

Currently in his ninth season at the helm in Dallas, Garrett is likely to sign an extension whenever the offseason comes for the Cowboys, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Saturday morning. Dallas will make a strong attempt to lock him up.

"I'm told the Cowboys are positive that Garrett is going to be their coach going forward," Rapoport said on Good Morning Football: Weekend, "and after the season when this all ends, they do intend to begin negotiating a long-term extension with Garrett."

Garrett is under contract with the Cowboys through the 2019 season following an extension he signed in 2015 for five years and $30 million.

Another member of the Dallas staff set to return, as well, is Kris Richard, the team's defensive backs coach and defensive play-caller who was a popular head-coaching candidate. Richard was a finalist for the Miami Dolphins head-coaching vacancy, but as previously reported by Rapoport, that is expected to go to the Patriots' Brian Flores.

Richard is likely to be promoted to "full-time defensive coordinator" next season with current DC Rod Marinelli likely taking on a senior defensive assistant role.

"The Cowboys love this guy," Rapoport said, "cannot overstate what the players believe in Kris Richard."

And to Marinelli's credit, he "has been incredible regarding this situation giving play-calling duties to Richard," Rapoport added.

Following eight seasons with the Seattle Seahawks -- the last three as defensive coordinator -- Richard is in his first season with the Cowboys and they're happy to add to that.

The same goes for Garrett, whose squad posted a 10-6 record in the regular season and won the NFC East title. Garrett boasts a 77-59 record with the Cowboys, which includes just three playoff appearances.

Hence, when Dallas sputtered to a 3-5 start to the season, some pondered a possible dismissal of Garrett, but it's likely that was never in consideration.

"I never quite got the sense that Garrett was for real in trouble with the Dallas Cowboys," Rapoport said. "This is someone they've invested a lot in and really did believe, even when they were 3-5, that he was the coach of the future. Now they know for sure."

But the immediate future for the Cowboys is in Los Angeles as they look to upset the second-seeded Rams in the Divisional Round of the playoff dance.

Whenever the Cowboys' final ride of the season comes to fruition, Garrett's future in Dallas will be extended.

"They are very focused on this game," Rapoport said, "but after the playoffs they'll get down to business
    Last edited by Scot; 01-12-2019 at 10:18 AM.

11. Back To Top    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I'm not rejoicing

12. Back To Top    #25
    Time to go into an NFL hibernation till the Garrett (and Jerry) era is over. Either that, or start following the Raiders a lot more closely when they (and I) move to Vegas. I can't be wasting any more of my life on this franchise if they are not going to get serious about winning any thing more than a wild card game.

13. Appreciation yimyammer appreciated this post
    Props LAZARUS_LOGAN gave props for this post
  14. Back To Top    #26
    I am a realist: I call them like I see it cml750's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icup View Post
    maybe this is just a way of jerry storing garrett in a closet until jerry needs to harvest his veal-like, tender, ginger organs

jerry is getting pretty old
    OMG, thanks for the laugh. That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

15. Appreciation icup, yimyammer appreciated this post
  16. Back To Top    #27
    I am a realist: I call them like I see it cml750's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZoneSucks View Post
    Time to go into an NFL hibernation till the Garrett (and Jerry) era is over. Either that, or start following the Raiders a lot more closely when they (and I) move to Vegas. I can't be wasting any more of my life on this franchise if they are not going to get serious about winning any thing more than a wild card game.
    I have been in NFL hibernation since 4 games to go last season. I did not watch a single game this season. I will not support this team any longer as long as Garrett is coach. Since I cannot support any other team, I have quit the NFL except for a few forums I visit including this one. I quit buying Cowboy gear years ago in protest and decided to take it a step farther. I do not enjoy the Dallas Cowboys any more. How can I enjoy a team when I already know they will never make it anywhere. Jerry and Garrett have stripped all enjoyment from the game I used to love since the early 70's.

17. Props yimyammer, icup gave props for this post
  18. Back To Top    #28
    Jason Garrett is the very definition of failing up. He's today's, Jeff Fisher.

19. Back To Top    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by lons View Post
    Jason Garrett is the very definition of failing up. He's today's, Jeff Fisher.
    Have him and Jerry Jr ever been seen at the same time?

20. lulz Doomsday lulz'd this
  21. Back To Top    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by cml750 View Post
    OMG, thanks for the laugh. That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.
    icup has a million of em', he's hilarious and makes this place even better that it already is
    Sorry Real Cowboy Fan & Jerry Totin if this offends you

Members who have read this thread: 21