theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
hate seeing philly win- mainly because of their fan base. But I agree with you. I think this broke the best way for us. Not gonna be easy, but I think we have a better shot against the Rams.

Rams run defense is porous. Also their center and right guard are shaky. Get penetration on run defense and dont allow Goff to step up in the pocket.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Not sure the Bears should have wasted their last timeout after the big pass to Robinson or spiked the ball on 2nd down. Just run your 2-minute offense and give yourself as many opportunities to get as close as you can. Seemed a bit Garrett-esque.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
scotty will be hoping the rams return the opening kickoff 104 yards, because it may help get Garrett fired

:rofl2:

That's okay if he hopes that, as long as there's pictures and maybe video, and first-hand reporting!

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Not sure the Bears should have wasted their last timeout after the big pass to Robinson or spiked the ball on 2nd down. Just run your 2-minute offense and give yourself as many opportunities to get as close as you can. Seemed a bit Garrett-esque.

That timeout was called at an odd time. No need to waste it there. Very Garrett-esque.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'll chip in 10 bucks for a ticket in exchange for a trip report if someone wants to organize the funds transfer

I'll see if I can get our rich new owner to pony up for Scot's tickets! LOL

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Iggles dispatched the nasty Bears who I really didn't wanna see, they gonna bump off the Saints whom I really don't wanna see again, we did away with the seahags and I like our chances against the sheep.

NFC title game at Jerryworld.
You're on a roll with your predictions Dooms.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Cowboys vs LA Rams in the playoffs has a certain nostalgic feel to it. Had some ding-dong battles in the 70s and 80s. 4-4 I think it stands in the playoffs. They owned us at Texas Stadium but we shit stomped them the 2 times we played in the Colosseum. Not that any of this has any bearing on next Saturday's game.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Cowboys vs LA Rams in the playoffs has a certain nostalgic feel to it. Had some ding-dong battles in the 70s and 80s. 4-4 I think it stands in the playoffs. They owned us at Texas Stadium but we shit stomped them the 2 times we played in the Colosseum. Not that any of this has any bearing on next Saturday's game.

It's historic though because it was a good rivalry for many years, and might wind up being the last game played there. Fitting.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score

didnt bother looking it up, but the Dallas loss to the Rams 14-12, fucking killed me as a kid. Think it was 1976. But either the year before that or year after, we beat them in the playoffs 37-7. I think in L.A. Great memories

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
didnt bother looking it up, but the Dallas loss to the Rams 14-12, fucking killed me as a kid. Think it was 1976. But either the year before that or year after, we beat them in the playoffs 37-7. I think in L.A. Great memories
Year before in the Colosseum in the Championship game. Repeated the trick in 78/79 28-0 only for them to send Staubach into retirement the following year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well that is some fucking bag of 4 leaf clovers, silver horseshoes & rabbits feet stuffed away for those Eagles. That has to be the luckiest team in the history of football based on what's happened to them the past 12-13 months.

On to the Rams. I'm sure Wade Phillips would love to do something to stick it up Jerry and Jason's rear, but despite all the loading up on supposedly other worldly talent defensively in the offseason and at the trade deadline, the Rams are really bad on that side of the ball. They haven't been able to stop the run or pass much this year. They rank at or near the bottom of the league in almost everything.

The key will be avoiding bad turnovers, if they do that and can run the ball, we can hang with them. I wouldn't be surprised if Prescott has a big day against their defense either, they'll have to load up to stop the run game and they weren't very good vs the pass. Other than Aaron Donald they don't have much of a pass rush. They'll probably blitz a ton to help stop the run, we have to make them pay over the top when they do.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
This will please all you Lance Lenoir fans.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Its stunning how good LVE has been, why did I never hear about him in college? If he can do this in the pros, you'd think he'd be wrecking folks in college

He basically only started for one yr IIRC, and he did wreck his conference

Top Bottom