dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
YES

Roger Goodell just heard about this, Lawrence has been suspended for the playoffs for violation of an as yet unnamed player behavior policy.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I guess its only fair I give credit for this trade and risk taken because at the time we not only had to give up picks 47 & 78 to the Redskins to grab him, IIRC, he had some other issue of concern

maybe the net effect of all these 2nd round picks** are justifiable in retrospect?

**My risky pick list:
2016 Jaylon Smith
2015 Randy Gregory Bust or TBD?
2014 Demarcus Lawrence
2013 Gavin Escobar BUST
2012 Tyrone Crawford (don't recall that being a risky pick at the time)
2011 Bruce Carter Bust?
2010 Sean Lee

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess its only fair I give credit for this trade and risk taken because at the time we not only had to give up picks 47 & 78 to the Redskins to grab him, IIRC, he had some other issue of concern

maybe the net effect of all these 2nd round picks** are justifiable in retrospect?

**My risky pick list:
2016 Jaylon Smith
2015 Randy Gregory Bust or TBD?
2014 Demarcus Lawrence
2013 Gavin Escobar BUST
2012 Tyrone Crawford (don't recall that being a risky pick at the time)
2011 Bruce Carter Bust?
2010 Sean Lee

Crawford was picked around the middle of the 3rd rd, we didn't have a 2nd rd pick that yr.

I also wouldn't call Carter a bust per se. He was injured when we picked him, otherwise he was universally regarded as a top 15-20 pick. He was an up and down player but he did have a couple of really good years here.

mbalar

Spectator
Reaction score
Cowboys favored to win game

Unless Garrett dies on the plane ride to Washington, then I’ll change my pick.[/QUOTE]

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Crawford was picked around the middle of the 3rd rd, we didn't have a 2nd rd pick that yr.

I also wouldn't call Carter a bust per se. He was injured when we picked him, otherwise he was universally regarded as a top 15-20 pick. He was an up and down player but he did have a couple of really good years here.

That's right, good point & thx for catching this. When I wrote it down, something was gnawing at me that it didn't sound right.

I didn't look close enough at the pro football reference for 2012 to catch he was a the 3rd round pick, just saw him in the 2nd slot and assumed it was a 2nd round pick.

They had to use the 2nd round pick on Morris Claiborne so the 2nd and 1st round pick for 2012 was a BUST

How does this corrected information effect our opinions of their 2nd round strategy since 2010?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Time again to play "How dumb is a Zoner????"

but the big thing ..…….Garrett or Romo didn't really go after the patchwork secondary
a head scratcher to this day

This was in response to a tweet that noted in the 2006 playoff game at Seattle, the Seahawks pulled former Cowboy DB Pete Hunter out of an insurance office and a few days later inserted him into the starting lineup, a secondary made up of street free agents and career backups. We had a 1st yr starter in Tony Romo (who made the probowl), a future HoF TE entering his prime, two WR's who each posted 1000+ yd seasons and 19 total tds.

One problem with the twits response. Garrett wasn't a coach on that team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Reading the tea leaves here, but doesn't sound like Lee believes he will be playing much (if any)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This was somewhat interesting:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Also somewhat interesting:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Top Bottom