dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I am not waiting on BB to do his job this week. Damnit.

FMIA Week 17: Ravens, Eagles, Colts Crash Playoffs; Black Monday Begins – ProFootballTalk

Seattle (NFC 5th seed, 10-6) at Dallas (NFC 5th seed, 10-6), 8:15 p.m. ET, FOX. How strange. Dallas has the league rushing champion, but Seattle had the more productive run game this year. Hmmm. Ezekiel Elliott or Chris Carson. Who’d you rather have? But Seattle, after replacing Tom Cable with Mike Solari as offensive line coach, ran for a steamrolling 2,560 yards (4.8 per rush), compared to Dallas’ 1,963 (4.5 per rush). That could help Seattle take the Dallas crowd out of the game early. Running it so well has helped Russell Wilson have his best season (35 touchdowns, seven picks, 110.9 rating). Dallas’ two young linebackers, Leighton Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith, will be vital against the run and in spying Wilson. Offensively, the Cowboys have developed enough weaponry to win without Elliott dominating, as they showed in the 36-point game at the Giants on Sunday, when Elliott was a healthy scratch. The difference here could be how much the Seattle front seven, led by veteran linebackers Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright, can dent the Cowboys’ offensive line and pressure Dak Prescott, who was sacked a surprising 56 times this year. Seattle beat Dallas in Week 3, 24-13, in the Earl Thomas middle-finger game. Seems like 12 months ago, not three.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Interesting tidbit from Brian Broaddus this week (I believe it was Broaddus, saw it on a twitter thing). Apparently the Cowboys were interested in Solari but Garrett waited too long to call him and Solari jumped at the job with Seattle.

He's done an amazing job with a middling talent OL and run of the mill running back crop.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I start all Dallas game threads, bitch. As such, I'll change this to the chatter thread.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Might be wrong, but wasn't it Anderson's crew that butchered the Cowboys-Saints game a few weeks ago?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Congrats to Jarwin.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:partytime

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry has spent more time on that field than David "Thief" Irving.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I'm absolutely not surprised Prescott is at the top, what does surprise me is that they believe it's only 15.

I would have though the number would be far higher than that. They are being too generous IMO.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What's interesting about that "points saved pass rush" list is the Chiefs have 3 of the top-10 in the league according to their rating, but the Chiefs have one of the absolute worst defenses in football.

Scoring Defense: 24th, 26.3
Rush defense: 27th, 132.1
Yds per rush allowed: 31st, 5.0 per carry
Yds per game allowed: 31st, 405.5 per game
Pass yds per game allowed: 31st, 273.4
QB rating allowed: 12th, 92.7
Comp % allowed: 15th, 64.2

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
When perusing various stats, I found it interesting that Seattle's D allows a near league worst 4.9yds per carry. That's 30th in the league.

It's interesting that everyone says you have to stop the run to win, but the 4 worst defenses in football when it comes to yds per carry are 1) Rams 2) Chiefs 3) Seahawks 4) Patriots

All 4 are in the playoffs, and 3 of the 4 have bye weeks.

On the flip side, the top-6 in yds per rush allowed are also all in the playoffs.

Top Bottom