Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Based on how much angst and “gnashing of teeth” there was during the draft and how the Cowboys could even consider drafting Zeke over him there was around this place I figured there would be at least some interest.

I think most of those guys disappeared from here shortly after Romo disappeared from our roster. But truly, I don't remember the angst or the gnashing of teeth. We really really needed a running back.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

That whole team is a bunch of turds. Coughlin came out after the game and trashed Fournette and backup RB TJ Yeldon for their attitude and what they did during the game yesterday (Fournette was out again with an injury but sat by himself away from the team, Yeldon joined him) and now there are reports the Jags may try to void Fournette's contract.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Somebody needs to post this at CZ for those fucktards that started thread after thread for 3 seasons now of "we should have drafted Ramsey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I never said the kid was smart

But some desperate team (or maybe even one not so desperate) will pay him. He’s got enough talent for a HC/GM/Owner to take a chance on him thinking they can “turn him around”

The new team will say/believe he just needs a change in team culture and he will be alright

Whatever shit excuse a team comes up with to warrant taking him and paying him won’t matter. That team will think his talent is worth the headaches

Until it’s not, and he gets Dez’d

Or

he goes to a real team with real coaching that won’t put up with his shit. Then straitens up and makes something of himself with a team like the Pats

My bet is on the former rather than the latter

Tom Coughlin doesn't put up with that kind of shit, and he runs that operation now. He's widely respected around the league for is no-nonsense approach.

It's a huge red flag for teams now who might want him. Dooms is right, it will definitely hurt his trade value and limit the teams that will want to give up anything significant in trade PLUS the massive contract he will demand. Nobody wants quitters and that's exactly what he looks like.

The Raiders have all these extra picks and need to do damage control over their stupid trades of Mack and Cooper, I could see them calling to get Ramsey.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That whole team is a bunch of turds. Coughlin came out after the game and trashed Fournette and backup RB TJ Yeldon for their attitude and what they did during the game yesterday (Fournette was out again with an injury but sat by himself away from the team, Yeldon joined him) and now there are reports the Jags may try to void Fournette's contract.

wow!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Tom Coughlin doesn't put up with that kind of shit, and he runs that operation now. He's widely respected around the league for is no-nonsense approach.

It's a huge red flag for teams now who might want him. Dooms is right, it will definitely hurt his trade value and limit the teams that will want to give up anything significant in trade PLUS the massive contract he will demand. Nobody wants quitters and that's exactly what he looks like.

The Raiders have all these extra picks and need to do damage control over their stupid trades of Mack and Cooper, I could see them calling to get Ramsey.

I didn’t even think about them. Good call on the Raiders. Ramsey is just the type of player they have sought out and overpaid for in the past.

I’m not sure if Gruden will whip him into shape or allow him to remain out of control. My opinion of Gruden being a hard ass has changed after this season.

Reaction score
I would give a no.2 and for a All Pro CB that will be in his 4th year in the league. But that would force you to go out and sign a DT in FA. I would not have a problem with that at all.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I would give a no.2 and for a All Pro CB that will be in his 4th year in the league. But that would force you to go out and sign a DT in FA. I would not have a problem with that at all.

I doubt our 2nd would be enough. Besides, I don't trust the guy. And he would be wanting a huge contract extension within a year or two. Not for me.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Glad you arnt making decisions here then.

And it's not just a 2nd rd pick. it's also 15-20 mils per yr on the cap, plus a fucking quitter of a player that does stupid shit all the time.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Even if they let him go that cheap (which they probably won't), they'd never do it for this year's two. So probably two picks, plus as mentioned by others the extension, when we've already got needs and players on the roster now that are looking at new deals of their own. We're better off staying out of it.

Reaction score
Glad you arnt making decisions here then.

And it's not just a 2nd rd pick. it's also 15-20 mils per yr on the cap, plus a fucking quitter of a player that does stupid shit all the time.
Yeah you guys said the same thing about Amari Cooper. "Amari Cooper is a bust, he is not worth a 1st round pick, he drops to many balls, etc."

If you can get young All Pro/Pro Bowl talent cheap, then you make the trade especially a low second round pick. Also, Jalen Ramsey can play FS. He split time at CB and S at FSU. So if the Jags are dumb enough to trade him, take him.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He’s a team cancer

We don’t need another one of those on our team. Dumb players do and say dumb things and decide the locker room

No thanks, I don’t care how talented he is. He’s not worth the hassle that comes with him

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah you guys said the same thing about Amari Cooper. "Amari Cooper is a bust, he is not worth a 1st round pick, he drops to many balls, etc."

If you can get young All Pro/Pro Bowl talent cheap, then you make the trade especially a low second round pick. Also, Jalen Ramsey can play FS. He split time at CB and S at FSU. So if the Jags are dumb enough to trade him, take him.

I didn't. I liked the Cooper trade and said it at the time. I would have preferred not to have to give up a 1st, but in the end that's the only reason we were able to get him, he proved to be well worth it and our 1st ended up being late anyway.

We don't have a problem at CB, we have potential problems at DT, FS and maybe TE. That's where resources need to go, not to a position where we are 4 deep already. Ramsey is a headache this team doesn't need, in addition to having pending large extensions for other guys we need to keep.

The Jags are run by a no nonsense guy in Tom Coughlin. if Coughlin doesn't want the jackass we should see that as an obvious case of buyer beware.

Reaction score
I didn't. I liked the Cooper trade and said it at the time. I would have preferred not to have to give up a 1st, but in the end that's the only reason we were able to get him, he proved to be well worth it and our 1st ended up being late anyway.

We don't have a problem at CB, we have potential problems at DT, FS and maybe TE. That's where resources need to go, not to a position where we are 4 deep already. Ramsey is a headache this team doesn't need, in addition to having pending large extensions for other guys we need to keep.

The Jags are run by a no nonsense guy in Tom Coughlin. if Coughlin doesn't want the jackass we should see that as an obvious case of buyer beware.
That argument has no support.

So I guess you would not have traded for Charles Haley because he was acting crazy in a no nonsense Super Bowl organization? Then you would not have drafted Darren Woodson because he was a undersized Linebacker at ASU. Well he was a LB with 5 interceptions in 2 years of play. You draft, trade and sign elite athletic playmakers and put them in position to make plays.

Again, Jalen Smith is the pro typical DB that can play CB or FS, going into his 4th year (2 year out from free agency), and has played both FS and CB positions in college. Jalen would allow you to move him to FS or Awuzie who was a blitz sack machine at CU to FS. Your secondary is not as good as you think.

Jalen Ramsey is a former pro bowl and All Pro CB that has no off the field issues besides being young in a age of instant media gratification. He is just like Cooper where a change of scenery will do him good and put his elite 6-2-210, 4.4 40yd time, 41 1/2 vertical jump with unique agility and acceleration for his size that has made big plays in big games on a team that lacks playmakers on defense...See the Dallas Cowboys.

I guess the Cowboys will keep drafting/signing unavailable and unreliable players (Lee, Carter, Smith, Law, Gregory, Irving, etc). How has that worked out for the Cowboys?

lons

UDFA
Reaction score

So I guess you would not have traded for Charles Haley because he was acting crazy in a no nonsense Super Bowl organization? Then you would not have drafted Darren Woodson because he was a undersized Linebacker at ASU. Well he was a LB with 5 interceptions in 2 years of play. You draft, trade and sign elite athletic playmakers and put them in position to make plays.

Again, Jalen Smith is the pro typical DB that can play CB or FS, going into his 4th year (2 year out from free agency), and has played both FS and CB positions in college. Jalen would allow you to move him to FS or Awuzie who was a blitz sack machine at CU to FS. Your secondary is not as good as you think.

Jalen Ramsey is a former pro bowl and All Pro CB that has no off the field issues besides being young in a age of instant media gratification. He is just like Cooper where a change of scenery will do him good and put his elite 6-2-210, 4.4 40yd time, 41 1/2 vertical jump with unique agility and acceleration for his size that has made big plays in big games on a team that lacks playmakers on defense...See the Dallas Cowboys.

I guess the Cowboys will keep drafting/signing unavailable and unreliable players (Lee, Carter, Smith, Law, Gregory, Irving, etc). How has that worked out for the Cowboys?

Lee is quite frankly one of the best linebackers to ever play the game. Yes, he is frustrating in that he is made of glass, maddening, but I don't know who we would have picked in his place that would have done better for this team. Bruce Carter was a great linebacker that wound up pricing himself off this team, Jalen was a huge risk that has paid off in spades, if you don't think so then you are just crazy. DLaw was taking a chance? He was a steal. Randy Gregory is the only 2nd rounder in recent memory that just never really got over and stayed over the hump. His story is just sad and I'm done with him as a player, but my heart goes out to him and his anxiety. The fact that Pot is still illegal anywhere in this Country and that the NFL actively punishes players for smoking/eating weed to handle their injuries and anxieties rather than jumping on the Opiate wagon to this day blows me away. But rules are rules and I'm still unsure why that particular one is still a rule. It would most likely save at least 10 suspensions a year from players around the league if not more that go unnoticed because they are not so well known.

I was a Ramsey guy back in the day, we didn't grab him, we got Zeke. I couldn't argue with the talent, I moved on. Ramsey has proven to be a Prima Dona of the caliber of TO or Ocho, I don't know if that would change with a team change, but the downside is to find out you have to add him to a locker room that for the first time in ages seems very down to earth and dare I say almost blue collar in their work ethos. Why on Earth would I want to mess around with that? And no, Cooper wasn't known as some blowhard, he'd just tapered off a bit, had been browbeaten and he needed a chip on his shoulder, we allowed him to prove a few things and that chip is still large enough that even after we pay him, he will still be trying to show up Jon Gruden and the Raiders. We will be fine with out Ramsey, we need to shore up our d line and o line and TE, pay our guys and then see about what we need to fill needs that we can't target in the draft. Then and only then can you tell if Ramsey or Thomas are worth throwing money at.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Does he have all the talent in the world? Hell yes. He also has the ego, the capacity for distractions and the required cap space that would limit the team in likely multiple ways. Not needed, not wanted.

Reaction score
Lee is quite frankly one of the best linebackers to ever play the game. Yes, he is frustrating in that he is made of glass, maddening, but I don't know who we would have picked in his place that would have done better for this team. Bruce Carter was a great linebacker that wound up pricing himself off this team, Jalen was a huge risk that has paid off in spades, if you don't think so then you are just crazy. DLaw was taking a chance? He was a steal. Randy Gregory is the only 2nd rounder in recent memory that just never really got over and stayed over the hump. His story is just sad and I'm done with him as a player, but my heart goes out to him and his anxiety. The fact that Pot is still illegal anywhere in this Country and that the NFL actively punishes players for smoking/eating weed to handle their injuries and anxieties rather than jumping on the Opiate wagon to this day blows me away. But rules are rules and I'm still unsure why that particular one is still a rule. It would most likely save at least 10 suspensions a year from players around the league if not more that go unnoticed because they are not so well known.

I was a Ramsey guy back in the day, we didn't grab him, we got Zeke. I couldn't argue with the talent, I moved on. Ramsey has proven to be a Prima Dona of the caliber of TO or Ocho, I don't know if that would change with a team change, but the downside is to find out you have to add him to a locker room that for the first time in ages seems very down to earth and dare I say almost blue collar in their work ethos. Why on Earth would I want to mess around with that? And no, Cooper wasn't known as some blowhard, he'd just tapered off a bit, had been browbeaten and he needed a chip on his shoulder, we allowed him to prove a few things and that chip is still large enough that even after we pay him, he will still be trying to show up Jon Gruden and the Raiders. We will be fine with out Ramsey, we need to shore up our d line and o line and TE, pay our guys and then see about what we need to fill needs that we can't target in the draft. Then and only then can you tell if Ramsey or Thomas are worth throwing money at.
I never said and never would have drafted Ramsey ahead of Elliott. Its common sense. Our dumbo GM got rid of the NFC player of the Year at RB in 2015 which made it a must need pick for a RB. Thank God Zeke came out early.

Ramsey in not like TO and Ocho. He went for the hype after a All Pro season and team had a bad year after he played injured most of the year. If the Jags are that stupid to trade a young All Pro CB like the Raiders traded Cooper lets see how it works for them.

However, 3 days ago the Jags picked up Ramsey's 5th year option. So I guess they are not that stupid.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I never said and never would have drafted Ramsey ahead of Elliott. Its common sense. Our dumbo GM got rid of the NFC player of the Year at RB in 2015 which made it a must need pick for a RB. Thank God Zeke came out early.

Ramsey in not like TO and Ocho. He went for the hype after a All Pro season and team had a bad year after he played injured most of the year. If the Jags are that stupid to trade a young All Pro CB like the Raiders traded Cooper lets see how it works for them.

However, 3 days ago the Jags picked up Ramsey's 5th year option. So I guess they are not that stupid.

The fact that Murray was completely done within 3 years of leaving Dallas kind of shows that the team made the right decision on him. Obviously they have not always made the right decision when it comes to personnel but letting Murray walk was a good one. And I wouldn’t exactly say that the Cowboys were lucky that Zeke entered the draft early. Pretty much everyone and their momma knew Zeke was coming out early. A lot of Cowboys fans wanted Ramsey before that draft and have since changed their tune. Initially I wanted Buckner but as the draft got closer and after getting to see Zeke at the Combine he was the obvious choice and the guy I personally wanted them to draft (also knowing that Wentz would not make it to 4, and I didn’t want Bosa).

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Sure it does. From anyone with half a brain.

So I guess you would not have traded for Charles Haley because he was acting crazy in a no nonsense Super Bowl organization?

First, Charles Haley was an all pro pass rusher and one the one missing ingredient our loaded team had. He was far more disruptive of a player than Ramsey is at a far more important position. Second (and most importantly) we had a head coach who could handle and motivate potential problem players in Jimmy Johnson. We have the ultimate mental midget running this team here. Lastly, Haley was proven to be a bigtime leader in the locker room, something nobody in Jacksonville has said about Ramsey. Niners management wanted rid of Haley, but many of the Niner players loved the guy and said he was missed.

Then you would not have drafted Darren Woodson because he was a undersized Linebacker at ASU. Well he was a LB with 5 interceptions in 2 years of play. You draft, trade and sign elite athletic playmakers and put them in position to make plays.

Jimmy Johnson, again. And Woodson was drafted with the intent to play safety from day one.

Jason Garrett

They have this thing called a salary cap dude. If you trade for him, you have to sign him long term. If you are asking me if he is better than the Cowboys current DB's, the answer is yes. But he also is a headache that does stupid shit on the field and in the locker room and he'll command a massive contract extension. We have many talented guys who will command large contact extensions that don't come with the headache of Ramsey, I'd rather keep them first.

Lawrence is one of the best players in the league and while Lee is of-injured, up till this year he too was one of the best players in the league at his position. They poached Irvin off someone's practice squad.

But the Cowboys drafting in recent years has been much better than most of the league, if you are trying to argue we waste all our picks then you are further making a fool of yourself.

Top Bottom