Four bad calls that I saw today:

1) Holding on Connor Williams
2) Holding on Jeff Heath in red zone
3) Colts block in back on B. Jones
4) Taunting on Hilton

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't think he played much. The only times I really noticed him on the field it looked to me like he was really laboring. I bet he retires after this season.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Brilliant "switch punt" by Belechick there on 4th and one from his own 40... 41 seconds left in the half, he keeps his offense out there like he's going for it, lets Pissburgh put in their short yardage D, then Brady brings them to the line, makes a call, and the whole offense trots off while the punt team trots on. Eats 19 seconds of game clock and allows them to punt it away against their short yardage defense, with no return man back there.

Pins them deep, and Pissburgh with 2 timeouts still in their pocket, just takes the fucking knee to end the half.

THIS is what the great coaches do. Anticipate such a situation, formulate a plan for it, then PRACTICE IT with the players until they have it smooth.

Stuff like this is so far beyond Jason Carrot's capabilities it's not even funny.

Belicheat is like a new Z06 Corvette compared to Garrett a worn out rusty 4 door Chevette

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Four bad calls that I saw today:

1) Holding on Connor Williams
2) Holding on Jeff Heath in red zone
3) Colts block in back on B. Jones
4) Taunting on Hilton

In defense of #4, what they should have called was the blatant holding they did on the edge to spring the play.

Today was definitely a joke of an officiated game. We played absolutely horrible but it was incredibly one sided. We got called for 4 or 5 holding calls and virtually any time our DB came close to someone, it was flagged.

They practically raped Noah Brown on that one deep play and it was ignored. Also, I don't think I've ever seen Demarcus Lawrence ever go after an official, but he did today after that one Luck scramble where he (Lawrence) was essentially tackled and got no call.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just has to go. Period.

Can you imagine Jimmy's reaction over something like today? Remember that game in 1992 at Washington near the end of the season?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jaylon Smith was dogshit today. None of that is on Lee.

They were all bad today. Lee too.

Most of the defense didn't even seem to play with any intensity except for Lawrence.

Kris Richard and Marinelli deserve plenty of blame too for the fucking lame ass defensive game plan.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I expected we'd probably lose today, but not THIS pathetically bad.

Today was one of the worst efforts in franchise history. All 3 phases were utter garbage.

Other than Zeke and maybe Dalton Schultz, the whole team and entire coaching staff looked like 100% garbage. They didn't look like they wanted to be there, or even cared there was a game.

Scott Linehan absolutely should be fired after this debacle. He called a terrible game (again). He should have been fired the same day they sent that trash OL coach packing 6 weeks ago. I'm sure in Jerry and Jason's fucktard heads they'll rationalize keeping Linehan till the season is officially over because "well we're in the playoff hunt". Minnesota is in the playoff hunt too, and look what happened a week after they dumped a guy that was doing a shitty job. The expressions on Cooper and Zeke's faces the entire second half said wonders about what they thought of Linehan and this offense.

The bottom line is we'll never be a real contender with Red Goober and this clown coaching staff we have. There would have been no shame in going to Indy and losing a hard fought game, but losing like this just shows how painfully incompetent they are.

And if they truly have this organizational "hope" that Prescott is THE guy at QB, they HAVE to get him some real coaches. He has no shot at ever being a quality player with these clowns telling him what to do.

Example: We had NOBODY ever say, what's our plan when teams start doubling Cooper?

Because our idiot philosophy is passive "take what they give us."

Back in Jimmy's day, teams tried and tried that with Irvin. We'd put up with it for about a quarter, then implement our contigency. Because we HAD contingencies. THIS idiot coaching, HOPE is their contigency. HOPE they don't double the wideout, HOPE they don't do blindside blitzes, HOPE we can fix our penalty problem while blaming the officials for it instead of coaching up the players.

Telling: On this Patriots game at the half Belechick was asked what was needed to get the offense going. He said "we need to clean up the penalties." NOT blaming bad officiating. That's anathema for Carrot, he thinks every call against them is a "bad call" instead of looking at each one individually and FIXING the problems which create the many good calls against us.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Zeke is a good dude. It's a fucking shame what the league office and some Goodell crony owners did to him last year.

Zeke might be a good dude but he isnt very bright. But it was nice of him to that. It appears he may have learned from his stupidity earlier on and hopefully he'll stick with it. Now he needs to cut that mess of a mop on his head as it looks ridiculous.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jaylon Smith was dogshit today. None of that is on Lee.

Lee didn't do shit when he was in there. The PROBLEM is fucking up the synergy and the chemistry, by putting all these extra "packages" in for him just to get him a set number of snaps. It fucks up your defense, gives them shit to think about instead of just flying to the ball. IT'S THE COACHING STUPID!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Lee didn't do shit when he was in there. The PROBLEM is fucking up the synergy and the chemistry, by putting all these extra "packages" in for him just to get him a set number of snaps. It fucks up your defense, gives them shit to think about instead of just flying to the ball. IT'S THE COACHING STUPID!

Lee playing some snaps didn't fuck up anything today, he hardly played. He didn't play well when he was out there, but giving him some snaps didn't cause guys to miss a bazillion tackles, not rush the passer or blow coverages.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Example: We had NOBODY ever say, what's our plan when teams start doubling Cooper?

Because our idiot philosophy is passive "take what they give us."

Back in Jimmy's day, teams tried and tried that with Irvin. We'd put up with it for about a quarter, then implement our contigency. Because we HAD contingencies. THIS idiot coaching, HOPE is their contigency. HOPE they don't double the wideout, HOPE they don't do blindside blitzes, HOPE we can fix our penalty problem while blaming the officials for it instead of coaching up the players.

I might be wrong, but I don't think Michael Gallup was targeted once all game.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That was just an absolutely stupid play by Haden. You don't give the Pats a second chance like that without regretting it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Prescott is more talented that Q-Bong was, but this is still really bad for him.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that Zeke has some Belichick in him when it comes to his "appearance" for the NFL.

Maybe

Zeke is our best player on offense. Glad we have him and hope he stays out of trouble. I wonder between him and Emmitt which one is dumber . . . . .

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It cant just be OC. Whole staff from HC on down needs to be blown up, otherwise he has no chance.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Lee playing some snaps didn't fuck up anything today

So... I've explained the premise. You might have missed it.

Starting the week with "guys we're putting in some packages for Sean" then practicing THAT instead of working on the OPPONENT and FUNDEMENTALS fucks up the synergy and chemistry of the defense.

First timeout we wasted today? Because we didnt get the "package" right the first time Lee subbed in.

This happened last time Lee came back from injury too, if you'll recall. Defense played like shit when rotating Lee and LVE. Chemistry is REAL.

Taking LVE off the field only helps the opponent.

Top Bottom